Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

Hoofer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Boz
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Vert, PP1, MagneRide, ActiveExhaust, B&O
1710641483676-gy.png

Stock pedal covers are awful when my shoes are slippery so i figured these would be the ticket-Ford Performance aluminum pedals (standard on the premium trim). I tried installing these yesterday and holy hell was it a frustrating experience and I gave up after destroying my fingertips. The rubber on them is much stiffer than the stock rubber covers since they are connected to an aluminum piece that obviously has no flex.

I read on AmericanMuscle a helpful review where the gentleman used a bicycle tire pry tool as well as boiling the pedals for 2 or 3 minutes to soften the rubber-it worked! Gonna do the throttle pedal tomorrow, just held in with 3 nuts luckily.
I’ve felt your pain for a couple minutes.

Heat is your friend, but you have to be very careful.

Next time (lol) drop the new pedal pads in a pan of hot water until they warm up. If you try try to put them on and they’re still too stiff, warm the water up some more. IIRC, I didn’t have to boil the water.

I was careful not to use any lube on them either.
Sponsored

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
You should be fine to drive it to a shop for a proper alignment -they will adjust it to the right position.

Have you considered Steeda adjustable toe links that come with a lockout that eliminates the washer and eccentric bolt altogether?
I hadn't even looked at any toe links due to thinking I already had that covered with my free ones. So much for that. I'll start doing my home work so next time I can do the bearings, toe links & axle shafts in one go. Thanks for the suggestion. I ended up loosening it up again, re aligned the washers & held them in place with vice grips while I torqued it.

Sponsored

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
Luck of the Irish today... hope you all enjoyed your St Patrick's Day ☘
20240317_185715.jpg

Marengo17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
1000004295.jpg
1000004293.jpg
1000004272.jpg

Installed a Mcloed RST clutch, MGW X Spec Shifter, DSS Axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, BMR Driveshaft loop, Steeda Trans bushing, Ford Performance wheel studs. First week of April putting a 3.0L Whipple stage 2 on. Busy couple weeks.

GrabberBargeCaptain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Base 6sp in Grabber Blue
I’ve felt your pain for a couple minutes.

Heat is your friend, but you have to be very careful.

Next time (lol) drop the new pedal pads in a pan of hot water until they warm up. If you try try to put them on and they’re still too stiff, warm the water up some more. IIRC, I didn’t have to boil the water.

I was careful not to use any lube on them either.
Yeah, funny you say that, because I tried some silicone spray lube and it didn't help just made it harder. Would never have guessed hot water.

Now i know.

Sponsored

Keith S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 GT
Put in some overpriced magic juice. How is it already $4 a gallon again for premium lmao. I suspect this summer will be a good old trip down memory lane with what 2022 prices were like lol

1000003129.jpg
Count your blessings… 5.50 for 91 my last fill up

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Put in some overpriced magic juice. How is it already $4 a gallon again for premium lmao. I suspect this summer will be a good old trip down memory lane with what 2022 prices were like lol

1000003129.jpg
Let’s hope not! 93 has been over $4 here for a bit. Price of playing poker I guess 🤣