Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
How important is it to get the washers back where they were? My marks are off by 1 line on one side. Kinda hard to torque to 203 ft lbs on your own & holding the other side.

20240316_174039.jpg
Sponsored

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
How important is it to get the washers back where they were? My marks are off by 1 line on one side. Kinda hard to torque to 203 ft lbs on your own & holding the other side.

20240316_174039.jpg
It's important and what's worse is that the toe is very sensitive to the cam bolt. Have you ever had your car aligned?

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
It's important and what's worse is that the toe is very sensitive to the cam bolt. Have you ever had your car aligned?
I was planning on it after all of this, I'll probably wait on some new toe links now. I also have the bearings I was going to install with these toe links but that will wait as well. I'll lose it back up & reading that cam washer.

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
Better all around handling & using up my points before they expired.
You could go to even more trouble and press out the pair of bearings and press them into the rear knuckles. IOW replacing the rubber bushings for more toe stability during hard cornering.

Note that the spherical bearing is wider than the bushing but the fork end can be spread to accommodate that.

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
I was planning on it after all of this, I'll probably wait on some new toe links now. I also have the bearings I was going to install with these toe links but that will wait as well. I'll lose it back up & reading that cam washer.
Looks like our posts were at about the same time.

I recommend J&M Hotpart toe links. I've had other brand bearings seize up and cause a terrible rattling type noise.

Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Returned my car to stock from the FP tune today (for the 20th time probably). And of course the procal failed to flash twice in a row, so that was a fun heart attack. I mostly removed it to ensure the recall goes smoothly, but I'm also considering just staying stock since being able to run 87 octane in a pinch is nice. I plan to drive to Alaska either this year or next, and there's no 91 most of the way up there, lol. The stock TB also has a less jarring transition between on and off throttle, and the stock intake of course keeps IAT's much lower which is also a bonus for a car that's more daily driven.

It's an interesting lesson to learn when modifying these newer cars, usually you're making compromises more towards what you want versus what the OE engineers figured most people would want. But sometimes they get it pretty close. Not that I'm implying the FP kit is bad by any means, its a nice bag of extras and especially when you're ripping on the car. But IMO for regular around town driving, it leaves a little bit to be desired.

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
Looks like our posts were at about the same time.

I recommend J&M Hotpart toe links. I've had other brand bearings seize up and cause a terrible rattling type noise.
These are the ones I was going to install today. I planned on taking the whole thing off & pressing it on, but watched a video from LMR where they just used a had tool press to do it so I'll probably go that route. J & M you say? I'll look them up. I am almost positive that's the brand of camber plates I had on my 14'

20240316_184012.jpg

CL-JW

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Convertible
IMG_0089.jpeg
IMG_0083.jpeg

We bought this a few weeks ago and just got these done.

Added rocker stripes, tint, front end PPF, painted calipers, and upgraded sync 3 with Apple car play

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
These are the ones I was going to install today. I planned on taking the whole thing off & pressing it on, but watched a video from LMR where they just used a had tool press to do it so I'll probably go that route. J & M you say? I'll look them up. I am almost positive that's the brand of camber plates I had on my 14'

20240316_184012.jpg
It's a bit tricky but it can be done with a borrowed ball joint press.
Probably easier with the upright completely removed, but that is an extra hassle in itself.

txgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium 6-speed Manual

20240316_184012.jpg
I highly recommend reading @StrongFord ’s post on installing the toe link bearings!

Sponsored

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
It's a bit tricky but it can be done with a borrowed ball joint press.
Probably easier with the upright completely removed, but that is an extra hassle in itself.
Will remember that when time comes. Thanks for your help.

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
Finished installing Steeda differential bushing inserts & Qa1 drive shaft. Left the exhaust for tomorrow if I get time.

20240316_200113.jpg

20240316_174055.jpg

GrabberBargeCaptain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Base 6sp in Grabber Blue
1710641483676-gy.png

Stock pedal covers are awful when my shoes are slippery so i figured these would be the ticket-Ford Performance aluminum pedals (standard on the premium trim). I tried installing these yesterday and holy hell was it a frustrating experience and I gave up after destroying my fingertips. The rubber on them is much stiffer than the stock rubber covers since they are connected to an aluminum piece that obviously has no flex.

I read on AmericanMuscle a helpful review where the gentleman used a bicycle tire pry tool as well as boiling the pedals for 2 or 3 minutes to soften the rubber-it worked! Gonna do the throttle pedal tomorrow, just held in with 3 nuts luckily.

CrazyHippie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fusion Hybrid

20240316_174039.jpg
You should be fine to drive it to a shop for a proper alignment -they will adjust it to the right position.

Have you considered Steeda adjustable toe links that come with a lockout that eliminates the washer and eccentric bolt altogether?
Sponsored