What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

Juantrickpony

Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
15GTPP
Sorry, too late. Costco is Top Tier gas and has been tested at full octane at stations across the nation. Their gas is also the freshest as they turn over their tanks faster than anyone else out there.
OK, I’m done now.
okay so note to self, I guess Costco is one of the ’good’ 93’s. I have a membership, I guess I just thought they had cheap gas due to cheap additives when really it’s just cheap because they make up for it with membership fees and the fact that they sell just about everything and they’re expecting the customer to do ALL of their shopping there.

Advertisement

Juantrickpony

Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
15GTPP
2) Made a custom Kydex magnetic phone mount for the radio faceplate.

My old sticky magnet mount worked okay, but the ever-changing weather down here in southeast VA led to hot days loosing the adhesive, and cold days firming up the tape, and I was over it.

IMG_20200716_183132.jpg

So, I disassembled the mount, tossed the ball-clamp, and cut a piece of kydex to start forming. I've had a Recaro bezel waiting to go in, so I used that to form a perfect fit. Did a bunch of trimming, sanding, and used the heatgun to do some last-minute adjustments.

Easily the sturdiest phone mount I've ever had! Held in only by friction.

IMG_20201119_224647.jpg

IMG_20201119_224702.jpg

IMG_20201120_070037.jpg

IMG_20201120_070024.jpg
that‘s pretty sweet. You could sell that ya know

WD Pro

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Oh nooooo you didn't. Leave this can of worms at the bottom of the mariana trench. Forever. 🤫
Can’t you just use 87 ... ?

OK, I will get my coat ... :cwl:

WD :like:

shogun32

Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
Vehicle Showcase
My only complaint is they don’t have paper towel dispensers by the pumps like QT
you buy a 12-roll inside, and then put a roll in your back seat. that's all it's useful for anyway. My F150 runs on '93 tune so yeah I'm totally going to go to Costco. Membership pays for itself in 2 or 3 months in just gas purchase.

tcman54

Stanghead
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Really, very interesting, BRB, got to grab the bong, to understand the connection.
The song title showing on your radio is Kansas - Dust In The Wind :)

Dr. Norts

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
okay will do. Didn’t mean to ruffle feathers.

I am curious though as to why you see many dyno pulls pulling timing, then finding out they filled up at XYZ, then they add some type of octane booster and things magically get back to normal/where it should be. ??
Because they added octane booster.

FreePenguin

Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Sams isn’t top tier but it’s good enough for me. Never had an issue

just ordered mishi rad.... it’s lifetime warranty, so meh. Even if I have to change one day. No big deal.

91814E05-F71F-45F9-8A8D-8453F1CB2D6B.png

Mikthehun1

Reaction score
First Name
Mik
Vehicle(s)
19 GT a10, 19 Charger Scat Pack
The song title showing on your radio is Kansas - Dust In The Wind :)
In high school one of my friends would play Dust in the Wind behind me on a classical guitar as I walked through the hallways. It was my traveling music. No one ever bothered us or asked if we were where we were supposed to be. The staff would close their eyes for a moment, and then the moment would be gone. We would pass before their eyes, a curiosity.

Chef jpd

Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime.
Vehicle Showcase
lighters-in-the-darkness.jpg

Dusten

Reaction score
First Name
Dusten
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang, 2001 Ford Lightning, 1968 Ford Mustang
Not trying to start a big debate, rather just trying to help but not all 93 is the same, literally. Not really a big deal if you’re just a cruiser but if you spent money on a tune and are trying to wring out every bit of performance you might be doing yourself a disservice using the cheap places like Costco or GetGo.

If you're trying to wring power on pump gas you're asking for trouble. I would never push limits on 93/92/91

Got the car back from the dealer. Oil change and new hood ajar switch.

FreePenguin

Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
If you're trying to wring power on pump gas you're asking for trouble. I would never push limits on 93/92/91

Got the car back from the dealer. Oil change and new hood ajar switch.
makes me happy my eco ford performance is a conservative tune, needing only 91. I use 93, I feel it adds some protection to it, even if wasn't the best quality 93, it will still exceed and keep engine within tolerance.

Advertisement

207 - CSWC

Advertisement