Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

S550_Newbie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kelly
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1

Wittbrij

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2014 Ford Flex Ecoboost, 2013 Focus ST, 1995 Jeep Wrangler
Hows your experience with that screen? Looks nice.
I've have no issues with that screen. I've had it for about 18 months. There are pros and cons to the tesla/sync3/metra+hu. Being the cheapest of the options and the most customizable the tesla is right for me.

JJSSI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2020 EcoBoost HPP w/Handling Package, 2004 Boxster S, 2013 Jeep JK,
Vehicle Showcase
Installed a tow hook. Since I don't want it on all the time I made a holder to mount it in the trunk.
Installed (Small).jpg
Trunk Mount (small).jpg

Sponsored

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
Put the rear and passenger seats back in and street wheels back on after a trip to the drag strip last night.

PXL_20210115_002020006.jpg

PXL_20210115_002049273.jpg
I saw your total weight with driver, but do you know what the total was on back seat and front passenger? That should be around 100 itself.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
~ Torque management tables adjusted for 3.73 gears
2611.png

~ limiter raised to 7900
2611.png

~ idle/drivability parameters adjusted for IMRC delete with the mo powa babeh intake manifold
2611.png

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Nice interior work, that is not easy to pull off. Thumbs up !!

kiksbutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Installed a tow hook. Since I don't want it on all the time I made a holder to mount it in the trunk.
Installed (Small).jpg
Trunk Mount (small).jpg
Did you have to remove bumper to install it?

JJSSI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2020 EcoBoost HPP w/Handling Package, 2004 Boxster S, 2013 Jeep JK,
Vehicle Showcase
Did you have to remove bumper to install it?
Installed it without removing the bumper but the mount was a little too high. There is a radiator brace that needs to be pulled out of the way to install the mounting plate. It is really hard to move the brace with the bumper on and once the plate was in position I couldn't get it out to elongate the hole so I removed the bumper and used a Dremel to elongate the hole. The 18+ are really easy to remove the bumper and it would have been easier to move the radiator brace with the bumper removed. So in retrospect it would have been easier with the bumper off.
Temp Sensor arrow-small.jpg

Sponsored

cahouston

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I saw your total weight with driver, but do you know what the total was on back seat and front passenger? That should be around 100 itself.
Rear seat backs and bottom are 32.6 lbs. Passenger power leather seat is 54.8 lbs. as best as I could weigh using a bathroom scale (me holding items and subtracting my weight).

Trunk mat plus mobility pack are 9.6 lbs.

Front PP1 wheels/tires to 17x4.5 Forgestar F14 with MT Sportsman SR tires saved 50 lbs total.

Rear PP1 wheels/tires to 17x9 chrome bullitts with MT ET Street bias ply tires saved 39 lbs total.

I added a rear seat delete that is 7 lbs.

BMR CB010 + CB762 were 16.6 lbs added.

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
Rear seat backs and bottom are 32.6 lbs. Passenger power leather seat is 54.8 lbs. as best as I could weigh using a bathroom scale (me holding items and subtracting my weight).

Trunk mat plus mobility pack are 9.6 lbs.

Front PP1 wheels/tires to 17x4.5 Forgestar F14 with MT Sportsman SR tires saved 50 lbs total.

Rear PP1 wheels/tires to 17x9 chrome bullitts with MT ET Street bias ply tires saved 39 lbs total.

I added a rear seat delete that is 7 lbs.

BMR CB010 + CB762 were 16.6 lbs added.
Right on. I was hearing closer to 65 on passenger seat which I thought was a tad heavy. It all adds up.

S550_Newbie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kelly
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
Installed (Small).jpg
Trunk Mount (small).jpg
Has anyone actually ever had their car towed using one of these? I was thinking about this the other day and if I broke down and really needed a tow there is no way it could be done unless I disassembled and took off the front bumper at the very least. It would destroy my car.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve never seen someone correlate engine COOLANT TEMP to engine OIL TEMP before - and decide that because engine oil temp was “high” that the radiator needs to be replaced and that will reduce engine OIL TEMP.

What am I missing?

—-
Also to note - the factory radiators afforded to the platforms are more then adequate for daily driving, even in extreme geographic locations.

If there is a coolant problem - aside from leaks OR air pockets OR internal blockages (water passages, rad core or heater core) the thermostat is first source to check, then water pump would be next on list.

No offense at all, but if oil temps are running higher than Ford Manual temp specs (NOT green vs red on a dummy dial), then other diagnosis is needed to determine what is causing the higher oil temps and what remedies are the right choice.
yes. That is exactly why I upgraded because I saw my oil guage on dash hit yellow once or twice whileDoing WoT’s in summer heat.

I figure I have small radiator it would benefit for alarger. I thought cht was oil and I’ve seen it climb into 200s

I used a radiator fin comb at shop, looked brand new when I was done.No leaks after few hoursof driving. I think it’s alright

I guess it was just piece of mind forme, since I had a base car and I added all kinds of aftermarket support and tune, intercooler is in larger I figured why not do radiator to match. But if doing radiator go largest they had offering

fmc_smt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt , 2015 Escape , 2015 F250
Vehicle Showcase
yes. That is exactly why I upgraded because I saw my oil guage on dash hit yellow once or twice whileDoing WoT’s in summer heat.

I figure I have small radiator it would benefit for alarger. I thought cht was oil and I’ve seen it climb into 200s

I used a radiator fin comb at shop, looked brand new when I was done.No leaks after few hoursof driving. I think it’s alright

I guess it was just piece of mind forme, since I had a base car and I added all kinds of aftermarket support and tune, intercooler is in larger I figured why not do radiator to match. But if doing radiator go largest they had offering
Cht is cylender head temperature, it is a dry sensor and measures the temperature of the metal . The pcm calculate that to number we can understand , ie an inferred number
Sponsored