Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Reflections in the windscreen distracted from the point of the image.

I dug out the 77mm polarizer I liked to use with a CANON 5D and 70-210 lens. Held it in front of the 'phone's lens for each exposure, rotated the two elements by hand between shots. The difference might have been more dramatic in brighter light; sun was hiding, uncharacteristic for this location.

The retracted garage door still makes an appearance, but now you have to look for it, rather than past its reflection. It's also clear you can mitigate reflections in one plane or another, but not both simultaneously.

I haven't searched, yet, but I'll bet someone makes a polarizing lens to fit 'phone cameras.

Gray Car Windscreen With Reflections x600 IMG-1416.jpg

Gray Car Windscreen Without Reflections x699 IMG-1380.jpg
Cool, I prefer DSLR like the control it offers. You do have a good idea, research it make yourself some $$$

frank s

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Stang '19 Magnetic, EcoBoost™, Vert, MagneRide® PP
Vehicle Showcase
Wait...you have a 5D...but you use a phone to take pictures?
Yes. Today when I picked it up for the first time in years. I was surprised at how much heaver it has become. I remember whipping it out, squatting, climbing to get a viewpoint, all that youthful, healthy, productive stuff. It'll be a while before I can do it again, but I'm headed that direction.

Cool, I prefer DSLR like the control it offers. You do have a good idea, research it make yourself some $$$
Yes, real photography requires real camera equipment, no doubt. You have to have the basic capabilities to carry it off, however.

Someone—several someones—have beat me to the polarizing lens for 'phone cameras.. That's the not-so-good news. The good news: the basic ten-item kit with numerous lenses and a circular polarizing filter is only $29.00. At that price, if it's no good (reasonable chance of that) I can throw it away.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Dang we are talking about cameras now. :) I have a 5d Mark iii and a 7d and somehow I don't take them out as often as I used to. I guess it is because I am not really doing a lot with the photos, as I was doing a few years ago. For posting on forums, yep most people find the phone cameras to be adequate. I do promise myself I will put one of my cameras in the car.

Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
That sucks big time.

Someone took my canon d8000 or 7000. I forget, swiped it out of my backpack at the track. I was away for 2 minutes.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Yep, lost any desire to own another camera after that. it really bummed me out. I have a little canon point and shoot now for anything worth taking photo of.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Yep, lost any desire to own another camera after that. it really bummed me out. I have a little canon point and shoot now for anything worth taking photo of.
I don't know why nobody takes me seriously when I sit in the inside of T3 with my Yashica 120mm format dual-lens with manual focus and wind-up shutter good for 1/500. The cornerworkers get real pissed when I dash out onto track to hold my lightmeter up close to the passing cars to get a reading. I just have a bear of a time finding someone to develop the film and give me some good 8x5 prints. Where's that gal from 1hr Photo when you need her? I quit taking photos when I could no longer find Kodakrome 35mm for my Minolta Maxxum 7000 which had that fancy-pants auto-focus motor thingy and 3 programable modes.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
She is selling SD and Compact cards these days :)

I don't know why nobody takes me seriously when I sit in the inside of T3 with my Yashica 120mm format dual-lens with manual focus and wind-up shutter good for 1/500. The cornerworkers get real pissed when I dash out onto track to hold my lightmeter up close to the passing cars to get a reading. I just have a bear of a time finding someone to develop the film and give me some good 8x5 prints. Where's that gal from 1hr Photo when you need her?

frank s

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Stang '19 Magnetic, EcoBoost™, Vert, MagneRide® PP
Vehicle Showcase
Y' buy 'em books and ya buy 'em books, and all they do is eat the covers.

US GP Long Beach CA, middle/late 1970s.

Close But No Cigar.jpg

Sponsored

JohnnyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'20 Mustang GT, '17 Expedition, '04 LS430
Here I am with my D200 sitting on a shelf. A bunch of lenses in a bag somewhere.

I do miss all the fine adjustments and the lens options of a DSLR. That said, cell phone sensors came along alot quicker and cheaper than the upgraded camera bodies over the years.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Someone—several someones—have beat me to the polarizing lens for 'phone cameras.. That's the not-so-good news. The good news: the basic ten-item kit with numerous lenses and a circular polarizing filter is only $29.00. At that price, if it's no good (reasonable chance of that) I can throw it away.
LOL ........OH so now people will need a kit bag for the cell........ way to funny

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Dang we are talking about cameras now. :) I have a 5d Mark iii and a 7d and somehow I don't take them out as often as I used to. I guess it is because I am not really doing a lot with the photos, as I was doing a few years ago. For posting on forums, yep most people find the phone cameras to be adequate. I do promise myself I will put one of my cameras in the car.
Got mine in there, for any event I happen to stop by, most rides it's on the PSS floor.

StickShiftyFifty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang pp
Some carbon goodies

59995179066__C08A3126-4B4B-4B7E-9235-A6AFED69B745.JPG

59995181545__EE2A4D46-C1A0-4679-B0E4-909202E42AD9.JPG