What did I break?!

OCcoyote18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Barely touched it.. snapped right off. Do I need a whole new intake tube/assembly? I have a warranty from CarMax.. should I just let them deal with it? Wtf is it for.. can’t find a clear answer online. TIA

30B0C2AB-D328-45C4-A26A-2DFF07F2DDA0.png
Sponsored

GrayS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
That is your EVAP vacuum line. I don’t know how you’ll replace it but it’s needed for correct AFR (air/fuel ratio) readings. Others, correct me if I’m wrong.

2017GBGTPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue Premium GTPP w/ Recaros
That's the PCV valve connection, the dealership broke mine and didn't fix it. There isn't a replacement just for that joint, so the easiest fix is Sugru. Maybe the warranty will cover it and replace the whole intake tube though.

OP
OP

OCcoyote18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
That's the PCV valve connection, the dealership broke mine and didn't fix it. There isn't a replacement just for that joint, so the easiest fix is Sugru. Maybe the warranty will cover it and replace the whole intake tube though.
yeah, bought the car through CarMax and got a warranty. Covers everything apparently. So I’m assuming they’ll just pick up and replace the entire intake.

Grimreaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
About a $100 part and 10 minute install. I try not to let a dealer touch my stuff if I can help it. This is one of those I can help it moments but understand if it's not your thing.

In the mean time, careful application of super glue and /or other form of sealant will keep it in service temporarily. Would not keep running it broken as its letting unmetered air in.

Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Is the locking clip is also missing from the white connector?

boB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
boB
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
I have fixed something like this by epoxying a piece of brass tubing inside the broken plastic fitting.

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Super Glue it, it will be fine.

But order a replacement part and install it yourself.

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
That is the air intake for the CMCV valves. Only way to fix is to replace the intake tube unless you are good at fabricating. One member on here blew his engine by doing WOT pulls with that fitting cracked.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Yes super glue will work just fine.
No it won't.

A proper fix is to epoxy or plastic weld that fitting closed. Then drill a hole, add and seal a fitting then use a hose without the quick disconnect.

Jaymar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymar
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS - Rapid Red
As mentioned, there are proper ways to fix that fitting but I'd consider why it broke in the first place. Clearly it was already weakened by something so any repair will likely fail further up the line where the plastic won't hold. Your best bet is to replace all parts involved or drill out the plastic elbow and replace it with another fitting that can engage with the line.
Sponsored