Sponsored

wengerd performance or Ortiz Performance

amracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang gt
Hi guys i have 2021 GT 10r80 through my searches ive narrowed down my tune to be done by either wengerd or ortiz was wondering which would be better choice for NA tune dont plan on going boost any help would be apreciated
Sponsored

HKusp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I don't think you can go wrong with either of those choices. They both get rave reviews by those that have used them. They both are able to give you individual attention and quick response times. It really comes down to who you feel is right for you. I personally think it's a coin flip between them both. You are highly unlikely to be disappointed by either one.

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm on Wengard tune & can vouch for his tunes/customer service. Only heard good things about Ortiz also.

Rodpwnz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rod
Vehicle(s)
2018 A10 PP1 401A GT
Well i pulled the trigger on ortiz hope it doesnt dissapoint
Please let us know how it goes and what your thoughts are! I'm in the market for a tune, and have been considering Ortiz, Werngard, AED and OZ.

Sponsored

Duston@Lethal

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Duston
Vehicle(s)
BMW 535i GT
We have a ton of satisfied customers over here with Ortiz! Turnaround time is among the fastest and he is as meticulous as the big guys when it comes to making sure the tune is as optimized as possible.

Rodpwnz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rod
Vehicle(s)
2018 A10 PP1 401A GT
AED is out of the running for me - they don't do pump gas for HPDE/track, only E85 or race gas. Sounds quite odd to me tbh. I spoke with Duston @ Lethal and learned a ton - got some quotes for Ortiz and shoemaker tunes.

Howitzer

Threads
Reaction score
Website
flickr.com
First Name
Howie
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2000 Mercedes C280
Please let us know how it goes and what your thoughts are! I'm in the market for a tune, and have been considering Ortiz, Werngard, AED and OZ.
I've been working with Ortiz for a few weeks now on my new setup which included a ported manifold from a 21 and a custom MAF tube size. So far so good. I have a dyno session scheduled with him next in about a week to make sure everything is 100% and to see what it's actually putting out and where my peaks are.

Rodpwnz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rod
Vehicle(s)
2018 A10 PP1 401A GT
I've been working with Ortiz for a few weeks now on my new setup which included a ported manifold from a 21 and a custom MAF tube size. So far so good. I have a dyno session scheduled with him next in about a week to make sure everything is 100% and to see what it's actually putting out and where my peaks are.
Very cool - It's great to hear these success stories from happy customers. Looks like you're into road course; are you tuning with Ortiz with your use case in mind?

Sponsored

Howitzer

Threads
Reaction score
Website
flickr.com
First Name
Howie
Vehicle(s)
Very cool - It's great to hear these success stories from happy customers. Looks like you're into road course; are you tuning with Ortiz with your use case in mind?
yep! Also why I'm trying to ensure things are also as stable as can be.
edit: and as a reference, I'm tuning only for 93 - not E85 currently.

Rodpwnz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rod
Vehicle(s)
2018 A10 PP1 401A GT
yep! Also why I'm trying to ensure things are also as stable as can be.
edit: and as a reference, I'm tuning only for 93 - not E85 currently.
Thanks for the info and clarification. I would be tuning for 91, and not really for max power - just for more optimized trans/engine tuning, behavior and longevity. I just want the car to feel more alive for aggressive driving and shift smoother for daily commuting!

Howitzer

Threads
Reaction score
Website
flickr.com
First Name
Howie
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the info and clarification. I would be tuning for 91, and not really for max power - just for more optimized trans/engine tuning, behavior and longevity. I just want the car to feel more alive for aggressive driving and shift smoother for daily commuting!
Yeah - my situation is a bit different (and I can't comment on any A10 tuning) and we essentially took my peak power from 6700 out to around 7600rpm from the changes - but Ortiz has been very careful and started things out very slowly with idle to rev while in neutral, got a revision, then some very slow pulls, then WOT. And he's taken a look at the data logs each time to make sure things are looking right. Car has felt great.

Personally, I also wanted the car fully dialed in that a dyno tune can provide so I added his remote dyno tuning with a local dyno to get everything finalized.

OP
OP
amracer

amracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang gt
Had some issues with my rtd device and firmware update so i still havent loaded actual tune yet waiting for them to resend my credits to load tune . One thing i will say is they must be busy because replies take a couple days
Sponsored