Sponsored

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
One thing I would be concerned about with trying to improve the shifting with a tune is if there is an actual mechanical issue with the trans. I just had mine in to be checked for some rough shifts and it will be getting a new valve body covered by warranty. If it were tuned I may have had to pay. Hoping it solves my issues which aren’t that awful compared to some.

Fusion Training Systems

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1
Would you all recommend the Wengerd tune over the Ford Performance Pack that comes with a tune?
Most definitely. With Wengerd you’re going to be able to maximum the tune and have communication between you and him.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Again, it's not the tune, but the 10R80. it's a finicky trans. Tune it.. stupid shit. Leave it stock, stupid shit. might be fine for a day, a week, but the symptoms will come back.

Headless Horseman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
I bought the Ford Performance Tune. I wanted something different and wanted to "maintain my warranty". It's a decent beginners tune. I don't feel if was worth the $1300 I paid for it with $400 installation. It did come with a parts so I suppose that makes it more justifiable in price. My Wengerd tune is much better.

Sponsored

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I just loaded my new Wengerd tune 20 min ago and I'm going to try it out tonight.
Wasted $600 on the Livernois and now $900 on this to find a better 10-speed tune.
On my 15gt I went through 2 tunes in 6 years , first Ford performance then Steeda tune.
Funny how it takes 2 times to get it right sometimes.
Guess I never learn..lol

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
So here's my initial impressions with the initial 93 tune in my 21 NA 10-speed Mach 1.
It's Voodoo Magic what he did to my trans. The jerks in the up and down shifts are gone... there's actually a clutch in this trans that works now!
I'm blown away so far and looking forward to tuning some E70 for a little more power in the flex tune next.

preamrose

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT
So here's my initial impressions with the initial 93 tune in my 21 NA 10-speed Mach 1.
It's Voodoo Magic what he did to my trans. The jerks in the up and down shifts are gone... there's actually a clutch in this trans that works now!
I'm blown away so far and looking forward to tuning some E70 for a little more power in the flex tune next.
does his tune require datalogging after getting the first tune? or its goods to go from the jump?

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
On mine, he wanted data logs just to make sure everything was good. but in the end there were no tune revisions, the original baseline was good to go.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
does his tune require datalogging after getting the first tune? or its goods to go from the jump?
I don't have a Wengerd tune but I would log any tune just to be safe.

Sponsored

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
Mine was data logged but he said I was good to go with the initial revision. Mine has been flawless so far :) about 2k miles in at the moment. Runs great WOT, and at all other speeds, driveability is great :)

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, like Mike said, he wants to do some data logging to make sure its running right.
It was cool that from the logs I sent him he noticed a little positive trim which we determined was caused by some leftover ethanol still in the tank when I switched back to 93.
I'm clear to burn out the 93 and go to the E tune next. Do some logging and then Flex tune.
Logging is pretty easy by the way, use your iphone app to record a pull from part throttle to ~6k rpm's in 1 gear.
Just tested my local Thorton's and as usual E70 on the dot.
He says E70+ is what is needed to run the E85 tune which I guess is what is needed to get to the Flex tune which I intend to run permanently.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Would you all recommend the Wengerd tune over the Ford Performance Pack that comes with a tune?
I bought the Ford Performance tune and wish I had gone with Wengerd. Maybe one day I will have him do a 93 tune with the Ford Performance components.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I bought the Ford Performance tune and wish I had gone with Wengerd. Maybe one day I will have him do a 93 tune with the Ford Performance components.
Same. FP is good if you need emissions compliance or want something warranty safe, but it's truly canned. You don't get any after sale support really if your car doesn't like it.

I'm gonna pick up a gt350 manifold to ditch the adapter before going down this route to maximize the whole package.

larr12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang PP1