Sponsored

Wengerd Is the King for Tuning!!

TRaGiK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Just switched to a Wengerd tune today from one of the other big tuners.

Night and day difference in the transmission tuning.

The previous tune would chirp the tires with as little as 25% throttle, in the "normal" drive mode, and they refused to change the tune in any way.

Asked Wengerd some questions a few questions and ordered the tune.
Sponsored

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Just switched to a Wengerd tune today from one of the other big tuners.

Night and day difference in the transmission tuning.

The previous tune would chirp the tires with as little as 25% throttle, in the "normal" drive mode, and they refused to change the tune in any way.

Asked Wengerd some questions a few questions and ordered the tune.
10 speed or 6r80?

How’s the tuning on the 6r80? Anyone have experience?

Thanks.

jpjr501

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT - Procharged
Anyone with an A10 and supercharger in S. Florida and have their tune?

I just paid a bunch of money to get my car tuned so I need to feel this trans tuning first.

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Wengerd and other forum users that may know the answers l, I have some questions before I pull the trigger.
I intend to run the Wengerd Flex tune 24/7 like I do now on my current Livernois tune.
The main reason to throw out current $600 tune is for the much improved 10-speed shifting of Wengerd.

1- do I need to purchase both the 93 and E85 tunes to get the flex tune?
2- when running the Wengerd, flex, does it work with any combination of gas from 91-E85? All I have around is E70 and in the winter I run 93 but if I go on a road trip may only see 91.
3- Do I purchase 4 credits on the tuner to get the Flex tune?
4- I’m currently running E70 in my tank, when I switch over to Wengerd, I assume I will need to load stock tune, then connect new tuning device to load Wengerd tune.
Does this require going back to 93?
5-Do I need to spend time Data logging with 93 and E85 to get the Flex tune created?
6-My current tune from Livernois is carb legal in 50 states. How is that different?

Hoping that answers to these questions will also help others ready to switch to Wengerd.

Thanks

Last edited:

Sponsored

jmeiers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1/401A/A10
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Wengerd and other forum users that may know the answers l, I have some questions before I pull the trigger.
I intend to run the Wengerd Flex tune 24/7 like I do now on my current Livernois tune.
The main reason to throw out current $600 tune is for the much improved 10-speed shifting of Wengerd.

1- do I need to purchase both the 93 and E85 tunes to get the flex tune?
2- when running the Wengerd, flex, does it work with any combination of gas from 91-E85? All I have around is E70 and in the winter I run 93 but if I go on a road trip may only see 91.
3- Do I purchase 4 credits on the tuner to get the Flex tune?
4- I’m currently running E70 in my tank, when I switch over to Wengerd, I assume I will need to load stock tune, then connect new tuning device to load Wengerd tune.
Does this require going back to 93?
5-Do I need to spend time Data logging with 93 and E85 to get the Flex tune created?
6-My current tune from Livernois is carb legal in 50 states. How is that different?

Hoping that answers to these questions will also help others ready to switch to Wengerd.

Thanks
I will let others answer most of this but I was previously tuned by (insert another popular tuning company name here) and although the car ran great at the track, the overall drivability always bugged me. It wasn't stalling or anything like that but just cruising around was not enjoyable. It's never been a daily-driver so I just lived with it.

Then I started hearing of Wengerd and how drivability was good in addition to the power gains. Let me just say that after he is done tuning your car, you won't at all regret tossing away the previous tune.

Forget the flex tune. Just get the E85 and 93 tunes. My car has been on E85 since 2019 so I only did my logs and concentrated on the E85 tune. Wengerd sent me the 93 tune after the E85 was finalized but I just keep it on my Ngauge in case I ever had to switch back to 93 in an emergency situation. I have 3 E85 stations in my area so I don't ever even think about 93 and I bring my own E85 to the drag strip to make it there and back. Get yourself an E85 test kit and you will find that many of the "FLEX FUEL" stations have surprisingly close to 80%+ ethanol content. For instance, the Royal Farms near me has a pump listed as Flex Fuel but it always test at 80+% for me.

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I will let others answer most of this but I was previously tuned by (insert another popular tuning company name here) and although the car ran great at the track, the overall drivability always bugged me. It wasn't stalling or anything like that but just cruising around was not enjoyable. It's never been a daily-driver so I just lived with it.

Then I started hearing of Wengerd and how drivability was good in addition to the power gains. Let me just say that after he is done tuning your car, you won't at all regret tossing away the previous tune.

Forget the flex tune. Just get the E85 and 93 tunes. My car has been on E85 since 2019 so I only did my logs and concentrated on the E85 tune. Wengerd sent me the 93 tune after the E85 was finalized but I just keep it on my Ngauge in case I ever had to switch back to 93 in an emergency situation. I have 3 E85 stations in my area so I don't ever even think about 93 and I bring my own E85 to the drag strip to make it there and back. Get yourself an E85 test kit and you will find that many of the "FLEX FUEL" stations have surprisingly close to 80%+ ethanol content. For instance, the Royal Farms near me has a pump listed as Flex Fuel but it always test at 80+% for me.
Hey Jmeiers,
I appreciate the feedback but I don't have a lot of e85 around me and the station that is 1 mile from my house that does have it luckily tests at ~E70 consistently.
But I don't want to worry about testing all the time Just not something I want to deal with.
I also don't want to run E85 in the Freezing cold winters, I want to run 93.
I like the Flex because I don't feel like switching tunes all the time either.
I work in the computer networking field and electronics. To me the more you mess with things/ reflash ECU, the higher the chances of something going wrong. I'd rather get it set it up right once for the Flex tune and not worry about it anymore.

jmeiers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Jmeiers,
I appreciate the feedback but I don't have a lot of e85 around me and the station that is 1 mile from my house that does have it luckily tests at ~E70 consistently.
But I don't want to worry about testing all the time Just not something I want to deal with.
I also don't want to run E85 in the Freezing cold winters, I want to run 93.
I like the Flex because I don't feel like switching tunes all the time either.
I work in the computer networking field and electronics. To me the more you mess with things/ reflash ECU, the higher the chances of something going wrong. I'd rather get it set it up right once for the Flex tune and not worry about it anymore.
Then just get it tuned with your E70 fuel that you primarily use and keep the 93 on the back burner like I do. You not going to keep switching back/forth because 93 sucks! It makes less power, black soot all over your tailpipes/bumper, and smells like đź’©. The cold weather argument is overrated as well. It may crank a bit more in really cold weather but it will still fire up.

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Then just get it tuned with your E70 fuel that you primarily use and keep the 93 on the back burner like I do. You not going to keep switching back/forth because 93 sucks! It makes less power, black soot all over your tailpipes/bumper, and smells like đź’©. The cold weather argument is overrated as well. It may crank a bit more in really cold weather but it will still fire up.
I think if you lived in Chicago you would understand. I don't need the extra power in the winter. I don't want the extra stress on the starter in the cold. I want to flush out the corrosive E85 for a few months. I want to run 93 if I go to the track.
Maybe I'm nuts but this is how my brain thinks

Sponsored

jmeiers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I think if you lived in Chicago you would understand. I don't need the extra power in the winter. I don't want the extra stress on the starter in the cold. I want to flush out the corrosive E85 for a few months. I want to run 93 if I go to the track.
Maybe I'm nuts but this is how my brain thinks
You nuts! 🥜 :crackup:

Do whatever makes you sleep better at night then. I was just saying my car has had E85 continuously since 2019 without ever doing any fuel maintenance, additives, swapping back to 93, etc. Your car will be fine.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I run a flex tune all the time too. Just is peace of mind. The flex tune runs just as fast as the dedicated tune at the drag strip.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I've also tested a vacuum leak with the flex tune and the car will not lock in to a wrong E%. I think this is due to some algorithm that takes into account MAF signal along with O2 signals and whatever else Ford programmed.

Anyway it knows when unmetered air is entering the combustion cycle and accounts for it.

KBR Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 on order, 2011 Mustang GT
I have an Edelbrock supercharged 2011 GT with the 6r80 tuned by Wengerd....love the tune. Car is smooth and powerful. Shifts were a bit too soft for me at first but I let him know and he revised and now it's perfect.

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
You nuts! 🥜 :crackup:

Do whatever makes you sleep better at night then. I was just saying my car has had E85 continuously since 2019 without ever doing any fuel maintenance, additives, swapping back to 93, etc. Your car will be fine.
Jmeiers,
When you first loaded your Wengerd tune, was the transmission good to go or does it still do the learning your behavior bullshit at first?
Sponsored