Well there goes my splitter....

Steve M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500, 2019 Ford F-250
Fuck....Was playing with an R8 V10 Performance...as we're slowing down he bottoms out and something comes out from under his car and I had no where to go to avoid it. Would you guys replace this? Don't know if I can not replace...gonna drive me crazy.

20220908_192813.jpg
At least you didn’t hit this

3DA3A615-E2B1-4A19-B09B-C80658F77BF9.jpeg

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Use the heat gun sparingly. If you melt it too much the texturing will smooth over and it will look worse. Remember, it is a splitter. What I do on track is tape the exposed plastic pieces with black gorilla tape. Stuff like this is avoided.

junits15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
If you did it once, it could happen again. Try to smooth it and consider it a battle scar. If you drive them stuff is going to happen.
Remember chicks digs scars and glory lasts forever.
Of course I daily mine and fully expect some battle scars. If it’s not a safety issue and does not make the car look like shit, it’s not getting fixed.
Just think, you now have a cool story and some street cred. Lol.
I could 100% live with that blemish especially after you smooth it out a bit.
If you spend all day worrying about the condition of your car you’ll find you never actually use it for what it’s intended.

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
If you spend all day worrying about the condition of your car you’ll find you never actually use it for what it’s intended.
One month old, 1,600 miles. Shits going to happen but 1,600 miles of pure fun!!!
YOLO.

Sponsored

Vertex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 FJG HP
I would try to maybe sand/smooth it down if you have the time and tools - color might me slightly off after but will definitely be less noticeable than a gash like now.
What I was going to suggest since it does not seem to be to bad. Could even maybe try some kind of black filler before sanding so you don't have a small dip in it too.

drummerboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350
It's definitely shot. I have a connection to a recycler who won't charge a disposal fee. I'd be happy to swing by and pick it up.

Seriously, though, if you can't bear to live with the scar, don't sweat it - go ahead and replace it with new, because you can sell it VERY easily.

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1, 2020 Explorer, 2023 F150
Vehicle Showcase
Splitters are a consumable item. They're going to get beat up being so close to the ground if not ripped off entirely like on race cars.
That picture shown just tells me the car is being used as intended 👍

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
As others suggested above - just buy a new one and HOLD ON TO IT. Repair the existing with a little 3000 grit sandpaper, it just needs a few smudges back and forth and it's done.

The reason. I say buy the splitter now is - soon they won't be available to purchase... and being a Shelby only part, makes it even more "unobtainable" as the years pass.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
As others suggested above - just buy a new one and HOLD ON TO IT. Repair the existing with a little 3000 grit sandpaper, it just needs a few smudges back and forth and it's done.

The reason. I say buy the splitter now is - soon they won't be available to purchase... and being a Shelby only part, makes it even more "unobtainable" as the years pass.
That's what I do. I have one for my Rs and one for my CFTP.

I second using the blemishes one. If the op wants to sell his splitter, pm me.

Sponsored
OP
OP
DopamineQuest

DopamineQuest

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 Carbonized Gray

Do they really just become unavailable? Guess I have no choice but to grab one...

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Do they really just become unavailable? Guess I have no choice but to grab one...
Its one of those semi disposable items on your car. It happens. I remember Jay Lenno talking with Jamal Hameedi thanking Ford for not making the splitter out of CF, but instead a replaceable plastic. I would buy an extra and keep it on hand. Another thing you may want to do is get some extra splitter wickers. They can break. I've broken one already and they are individually replaceable. I think I paid a little over $60 for one side.

If you are going to track, tape them up with black gorilla tape. Isopropyl alcohol removes any leftover tape residue after removal.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I will second the heat gun idea to make the best of what you’ve got.

Don’t laugh, but once ‘warm’ I would also go to town with the back of a large wooden cooking spoon or rolling pin and apply a rolling pressure concentrated on the high spots only and massage them back into their original position (rolling will marr the surface less than sliding and the wood will provide some traction to reduce the chance of sliding when you apply pressure). It’s never going to look unmarked again, but it might get good enough not to be instantly spotted my a normal ‘non car’ person.

Alternatively, how about one of those smart repair guys that fix holes in plastic trim etc ?

I would also second the suggestion to source a spare. Although I only have a GT PP, I acquired a FOC spare following some transport damage and the new one is still wrapped in bubble wrap in the garage - hopefully I won’t ever have the need to unwrap it 

WD :like:
Sponsored