Sponsored

We have a new Sync 3 Map Update

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' FE, 20' FE
Nope. Did Maps on the way into work this morning. I think my USB stick is like a USB 2.0 or VERY early 3.0 its YEARS old, kinda amazed it still works.
That’s exceedingly short. Do a voice command to make sure it’s all there.
Sponsored

PoCoBob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium, 2016 Edge Sport
Mine did two restarts and prior to each one there was a message saying this portion of the update is complete. The full update is not complete until you get a message saying you can now remove the USB stick.

OP
OP
Bikeman315

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Nope. Did Maps on the way into work this morning. I think my USB stick is like a USB 2.0 or VERY early 3.0 its YEARS old, kinda amazed it still works.
Are you sure the maps update fully loaded. Did you check your Sync version screen? 20/30 minutes is fine for a Sync update but not nearly enough for maps. My first reboot didn't start until 30 minutes in. Check post #18 to see if you have it all.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Are you sure the maps update fully loaded. Did you check your Sync version screen? 20/30 minutes is fine for a Sync update but not nearly enough for maps. My first reboot didn't start until 30 minutes in. Check post #18 to see if you have it all.
I'll test it when I get back to my car, but all the version numbers are right.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Got in my car, told the lovely Ford Voice to take me home and it responded and did just fine.

Sponsored

stungjoe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Does anybody know how to unzip the files using a Chromebook? I gave up last time and bought the stick for $40 bux

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
That will work regardless. Try "find an address".
Wouldn't it still fail if the Voice Nav package is missing? How can it tell me where, calculate the time, traffic and best route to go if it doesn't have Voice Nav?

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' FE, 20' FE
Wouldn't it still fail if the Voice Nav package is missing? How can it tell me where, calculate the time, traffic and best route to go if it doesn't have Voice Nav?
Nope. The voice nav package contains the information needed specifically for searching for POIs, addresses, city/state names, etc. The voice piece of the system is actually broken among 3 different packages for Nav vehicles, 2 for Non-Nav. The issue/s with the partial map install is it will break the voice search functionality specifically, but also it means you likely don't have a fully updated map installed since the full map updates over multiple boots in chunks.

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Source the device. Then go to Settings, Media Player, then you’ll have an option there to “Reset Media Index”.
well I did the reset and that part worked no problem. The problem I still have is I can still no longer search by artist genre album composer anything on the screen. Really sucks. The only thing that will respond is voice commands for an artist or album only when I turn off Apple CarPlay.

Sponsored

PoCoBob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium, 2016 Edge Sport
OP
OP
Bikeman315

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Nope. The voice nav package contains the information needed specifically for searching for POIs, addresses, city/state names, etc. The voice piece of the system is actually broken among 3 different packages for Nav vehicles, 2 for Non-Nav. The issue/s with the partial map install is it will break the voice search functionality specifically, but also it means you likely don't have a fully updated map installed since the full map updates over multiple boots in chunks.
Well it worked fine this AM to get me to Wawa, so guess im good to go.
Sponsored