Bikeman315

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Just got the email for the sync 3.4 update for my 2020 Edge. There was two choices, one to pay $40 for a USB that would be mailed to me, the other choice was for $0 to download the update and install on a >16GB USB drive and install from that. I finished downloading the update (in a zip file) and will install the update tomorrow since I have already planned a trip out of town. Update says you will need your car to run for approx. 60 minutes for the installation.
Don, make sure to update your Sync3 build to v21194 before doing the map update.
Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
They updated the maps and didn't change the map number when looking at the latest software on the screen? Or, was it 1.20 before. I guess I forgot. Actually, why do I keep updating the maps when 99% of the time I use Waze. Ok, I will say that is because we are creatures of habit when it comes to upgrades. lol

OP
OP
Bikeman315

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
They updated the maps and didn't change the map number when looking at the latest software on the screen? Or, was it 1.20 before. I guess I forgot. Actually, why do I keep updating the maps when 99% of the time I use Waze. Ok, I will say that is because we are creatures of habit when it comes to upgrades. lol
The latest version is NA 2 20. If you do not have this you will need to download again and reinstall. 🙁

frank_white

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Convertible, Velocity Blue
Is there any reason NOT to do this update? Only thing I was thinking was to 'save' my one freebie till the next one?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Bikeman315

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Is there any reason NOT to do this update? Only thing I was thinking was to 'save' my one freebie till the next one?
There is no reason not to do it. You may see some change, you may not. Also you have five free years of updates so no worry about using your freebie.

frank_white

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Convertible, Velocity Blue
There is no reason not to do it. You may see some change, you may not. Also you have five free years of updates so no worry about using your freebie.
ty for the reply

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I checked and I do have NA 2 20. I had forgotten if the previous one was NA 1 or 2 lol

The latest version is NA 2 20. If you do not have this you will need to download again and reinstall. 🙁

rr6237

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Five free years? Hmm, I entered my vin# and it showed I needed to pay for the update. Purchased December 2019.

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis# M1869, Iconic Silver
Five free years? Hmm, I entered my vin# and it showed I needed to pay for the update. Purchased December 2019.
Apparently we were supposed to receive a letter that gives us the subscription info. I called the sync support number about that and they said I need to call the customer service number, ask for a supervisor and let them know I didn't receive my letter. I haven't called CS yet. First one to do so, please share what you learn.

Sponsored

JimC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 EcoBoost performance package coupe
Apparently we were supposed to receive a letter that gives us the subscription info. I called the sync support number about that and they said I need to call the customer service number, ask for a supervisor and let them know I didn't receive my letter. I haven't called CS yet. First one to do so, please share what you learn.
I have a 2019, original purchase date was April 2019 (by Subaru Research I found out). I bought it in July 2021 (with 7,000 miles on it).

All I did was update my information on SyncMyRide.com with the new car and downloaded the updated maps.

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis# M1869, Iconic Silver
Sorry if I wasn't clear. Part of the 2021 Mach 1 package is the five-year subscription. For those who are dealing with earlier versions, I apologize for not being clear enough about the basis for my conversations with Customer Service.

rhexis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Audi S4, 2020 Mustang GT
tried doing the update today using my flash drive. after 90 min it was still going got tired of driving around and went back home. the install guide said it could take an hour not sure why mine is going so slow. does anyone know if the car has to be running? couldn't I just hook up my tender and keep the car in run mode. would that work?

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
No need to have your engine actually running and burning fuel. Just keep pressing the start button without starting the car. It will gradually load the update.

OP
OP
Bikeman315

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
tried doing the update today using my flash drive. after 90 min it was still going got tired of driving around and went back home. the install guide said it could take an hour not sure why mine is going so slow. does anyone know if the car has to be running? couldn't I just hook up my tender and keep the car in run mode. would that work?
It took mine just under two hours. No idea why, it just did. Plug it in again and let it finish.
Sponsored