OP
Velgen

Velgen

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Me, Scott!!! I am pretty much saying we don't use spacers on our product, iam not going to have someone tell me that spacers are good to use for any application. I have been doing this for a long time and i have seen many issues of wheel cracking and spacers coming off customers vehicles. I believe in making a product for the consumer where spacers aren't needed.
Sponsored

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
First off, i am not a fan of spacers, we like to have direct contact from wheel to hub. Your average consumer and for what we are doing " NON BILLION RACE CARS " you shouldn't have to
run spacers on wheels. I have seen many companies who sell " Cough Cough " Forged wheels
still adding spacers. You think that's legit ?
Go tell that to Porsche
Seems to me to you are simply using the ā€œno spacers ā€œ as a marketing argument to sell (more) of your wheels to uninformed customers

OP
OP
Velgen

Velgen

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
As i previously stated, Velgen does not make wheels that require spacers, because we are not comfortable with it. If you guys want to run spacers, your more than welcome to! We will not manufacture a product for a vehicle that needs spacers. We have customers ask us on a daily basis about brake clearance and NO SPACERS..

Scott

Last edited:

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Tough crowd.

Really nice video; I think every one I've seen is great. I would have led with the video, then follow-up with this:

ā€œAt Velgen, we design and then custom craft wheels to meet the most exacting customer specifications. We hold ourselves to the highest standards to ensure our wheels will not deform, crack or fail in the most demanding applications. We seek difficult projects, then make each wheel to not only perform, but look their best. Please, contact us. We look forward to working with you."

Last edited:

Sponsored

BigR4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow Black GT 6MT
Jeez. You guys are overthinking this.

I had spacers on my stock wheels; when I switched to Project 6grs, I got rid of them, because the offset was perfect and they weren't necessary anymore.

That's all he's saying. "Hey we don't do spacers cuz our offsets are perfect"

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
WE DONT USE SPACERS!!!! Get over it.
so could you bother yourself to post the offsets of your wheels you're peddling?
Because your YT page doesn't have all of the relevant specs either.

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
As i previously stated, Velgen does not make wheels that require spacers, because we are not comfortable with it. If you guys want to run spacers, your more than welcome to! We will not manufacture a product for a vehicle that needs spacers. We have customers ask us on a daily basis about break clearance and NO SPACERS..

Scott
Want to run 18x11 rims that i can rotate all around. what do you offer?

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1, 2020 Explorer, 2023 F150
Vehicle Showcase
That's all he's saying. "Hey we don't do spacers cuz our offsets are perfect"
But "perfect offsets" don't allow you to rotate tires.
"Perfect offsets" = less functionality and higher tire costs

We have customers ask us on a daily basis about break clearance and NO SPACERS..
Interesting. Apex Race Wheels gets all their customers specifically asking for offsets in order to run spacers so they can rotate tires. I guess that's track-rat vs hard-parker mentality.

Sponsored

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
They use billion-dollar wheel bearings too.
same offset = same load = same wear and tear on bearings.
spacers are fine problem solvers. i ran 10mm of spacer on one side of my cobra because ford made the rear sit 1/8" to the driver's side. even had to install longer studs to make it all work safely. you can't tell they're there and the fitment is perfect.

video and car are dope as hell BTW.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Ok I'll give you one little reason to not use spacers on a street car.

Aluminum wheels on aluminum 2-peice rotor hats or aluminum spacer mating surfaces can start to tick if they get dirty at all. On a street car then the owner might not know why or what to do to fix it (clean the mating surfaces thoroughly). Al on steel rotors won't do that... so there ya go.

Now excuse me, I need to go take my street wheels off and mount my 11" square setup with 315 tires on my wide front spacers for to get ready for the autox tomorrow.

Scootsmcgreggor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost turned GT
As i previously stated, Velgen does not make wheels that require spacers, because we are not comfortable with it. If you guys want to run spacers, your more than welcome to! We will not manufacture a product for a vehicle that needs spacers. We have customers ask us on a daily basis about break clearance and NO SPACERS..

Scott
What exactly do you need to break to get your clearance?

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT500 '19 GT PP1 '13 GT500, 98 GT, 92 LX 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
question, i don t understand the differnce with the wheel bearing forces coming from a spacer and coming from a different wheel offset. The forces still would be the same.?
Bingo
Sponsored