Water filter

jabberwoki

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
steve
Vehicle(s)
69 428 CJ Mach 1 , 2020 gt350
Anybody recommend s reasonably priced water filter for washing your car?
Sponsored

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
jabberwoki

jabberwoki

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
steve
Vehicle(s)
69 428 CJ Mach 1 , 2020 gt350
Thanks Mate , i`ll pick up a pack tomorrow. First wash and wax this weekend.

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks Mate , i`ll pick up a pack tomorrow. First wash and wax this weekend.
NO problem, it works really well and circumvents having to install a messy water filtration system... Auto Fanatic has some really good ideas.. he's a bit on the edgy side with that NY accent, but his content is great and he really appreciates the lineage/history of Ford.

Nfs1000f

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 & 2019 Ford Fusion SEL Hybrid
This is the route I went with. Not as perfect as going with a complete filtration system but much better than untreated water.

Sponsored

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
This is the route I went with. Not as perfect as going with a complete filtration system but much better than untreated water.
Hey Neal, thanks for the second on that... no offense on the NY accent :wink:

Point45

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
josh
Vehicle(s)
19 gt350, 05 tacoma, 10 Ducati 1098SF
I put one together using a couple whole house filters, BUT I just found out the local car detailing supply shop sells RO filtered water and its about $20 to fill a 55 gallon drum.

Edit: A 55 gallon drum takes up alot of space and you will need a decent pressure washer to use it.

This is what I went with, one filter for sediment and one filter is a mix bed resin filter, throw in a couple plumbing fittings/QD hose connections and youre done for about $200.

The sediment filter is just to get more life out of the resin filter and slow the flow rate some to make it more efficient.

https://www.amazon.com/Geekpure-Fil...words=20-inch+Big+Blue&qid=1611344583&sr=8-46

If you want to get fancy you can plumb in a dissolved solids meter to tell you when to change filters but from experience its not needed as you will notice a drop off in performance before it becomes an issue. I only use the water from the filter for filling the buckets and rinse.

The mix bed resin filter is the largest cost, when I first started using this it was $90 for 2, 20in filters, . That price has almost doubled, next time i need to replace a filter it will be with a refillable cartridge.

How much water you can filter will depend on the quality of the water you have. For me washing 2 cars and a truck once a month it will last about 6 uses before I notice small spots that a quick once over with a detail spray will remove.

If you have good water quality or only wash one car then you can probably just use the mix bed resin filter by itself, and/or go with the smaller 10in filter housings and spend about 1/3 the price.

Last edited: