Is anyone else getting water in their trunk? In the spare wheel well
Sponsored

chitlins37

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Magnetic GT350R / 70' Buick Skylark
I have not checked there but I def get water on either side of the trunk hinges after washing. Suds collect in there and I have to wipe them out every wash. Pop the trunk and take a peek after next bathtime youll see what I mean.

kart125

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350/2008 Saab TurboX SC
I have not checked there but I def get water on either side of the trunk hinges after washing. Suds collect in there and I have to wipe them out every wash. Pop the trunk and take a peek after next bathtime youll see what I mean.
Normal. Water drains from there and goes under tail lights. If you open the trunk when it's wet, you'll see the water drain. Just make sure the opening under the black tai light trim is not blocked with dirt.

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had new a 16 GT350 and 17 GT350
Yup even my old 2005 Buick beater car drains the same way.

csmaan12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, Oxford White
I don't have a 350, but I was getting water in my trunk after heavy rain and car washes on my 16 GT. Went to dealer and they replaced the weather stripping, it stays perfectly dry now. Should take about 45 minutes if they have the weather stripping stocked.

It was getting so bad that at one point I had like an inch of water in the spare wheel well.

Sponsored

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
I do this too. Water collects under truck lid, hood, inside door jambs....

Normal. Water drains from there and goes under tail lights. If you open the trunk when it's wet, you'll see the water drain. Just make sure the opening under the black tai light trim is not blocked with dirt.
I wonder if it's normal for the water to go to the space for the spare tire. It's in the middle of the trunk away from openings when the lid is closed. If it is normal, it's a bad design...

Wine dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT 350
The trunk should be devoid of standing water, and water shouldn't drain thru the inside only around the lip. It seems that if water is leaking in it will find the lowest point. I wonder if you put newspaper down in the trunk and ran water over the closed trunk will it possibly show the area where the leak is as it travels to the spare wheel well?

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
My 16 tech had a hole in the seam underneath the rear windshield and it leaked into the cabin. Maybe you have one lower and it is leaking into your trunk. They don't weld these seams and it is just a form of weatherstripping IIRC. But, they had to remove the rear windshield to fix it.
Sponsored