Warped Oil Filter Access Door

John S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Mach 1
Does anyone have a belly pan with an oil filter access door that properly conforms to the opening? Mine is warped, like so many others, and I'm debating if I want to let the dealer replace the entire belly pan under a warranty claim if the quality hasn't improved. (It's absurd Ford won't service the door separately.) Thanks.
Sponsored

Rob_R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach 1, SPF Cobra, 23 Jeep JTR, 88 YJ, 05 Ram
I use black gaffer's tape on the access panel to keep the edges level with the belly pan. The gaffer's tape doesn't come off until I pull it off. Gaffer's tape is similar to duct tape but uses a rubber based adhesive that leaves zero residue and the tape is very pliable.

duct tape | McMaster-Carr

I like First Stang's idea of heating up the panel and then spacing with rubber pads.

RandomTask

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2020 F350 DRW Platinum
Don’t buy another one, it will just warp again from the heat. I also tried heating it up and shaping it. But it will always warp again.

I took some thin gauge aluminum sheet from Amazon, shaped it, rounded it and bent it to fit nicely. I used some rivets and attached it to the existing plastic door. I’ll put some pictures up when i am home.

Fishtales

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2001 Harley, 1964 Volkswagen Beetle, 2016 Toyota Avalon
Time to ask Steeda to produce one....

Sponsored

Kabayo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT
Does anyone have a belly pan with an oil filter access door that properly conforms to the opening? Mine is warped, like so many others, and I'm debating if I want to let the dealer replace the entire belly pan under a warranty claim if the quality hasn't improved. (It's absurd Ford won't service the door separately.) Thanks.
Mine fits good, but even if it was warped no can see it and it doesn’t hurt anything so I wouldn’t care.

RandomTask

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2020 F350 DRW Platinum
Time to ask Steeda to produce one....
AJ Hartman already makes a simple carbon door for the GT350 belly pan, but it does not fit our belly pan unfortunately. It’s a fairly simple pattern and I’m sure there plenty of people out there can could fab up a carbon door to match ours.

Although it’s not a cosmetic part most need to worry about, it is a common issue for the track guys who don’t want that warped plastic door flapping around under the car.

Sponsored

Vertex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devan
Vehicle(s)
2022 GR Supra Matte Storm Gray Metallic
Is what it is. Prolly won't cause an issue.

1000007960.jpg
This is definitely what they pretty much all look like. The only "problem" it might cause it a little bit of poor wind redirection. It will not not cause any actual mechanical issues or anything to be concerned about unless it's just an eyesore whenever you're under the car

agmattocks

Unstabled Mate
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
UMMC 026 - 2021 MACH 1 w/ handling package
I uninstalled mine and threw it away very hard!!!

Rob_R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach 1, SPF Cobra, 23 Jeep JTR, 88 YJ, 05 Ram
Peace of mind and nothing more.....

M1 Gaffer Tape.jpg

JuicySmollet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Juicy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 (M2440)
We talked about 3D printing one that had some stiffening walls out of PETG. Not sure if Pilot Gore ended up doing that.

I can definitely take a stab at it.
Sponsored