BKoz

BKoz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
That has to be direct injection pressure. Rail pressure for port injection shouldn't exceed 80psi
Right, that's the only fuel pressure reading I can get from my device. The Livernois tuner shows it can read fuel pressure but doesn't display it out graph it. Only they can see it through an engineering log file I guess.
Sponsored

kenand1988

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Right, that's the only fuel pressure reading I can get from my device. The Livernois tuner shows it can read fuel pressure but doesn't display it out graph it. Only they can see it through an engineering log file I guess.
Does the car seem to run fine like can you tell there is a misfire? Did you do the whole install? Are you positive the maf is facing the right direction? Is it possible you can send the bap to vortech for a test? That bap boosts voltage at all times but more so when you're wide open. Any things possible it could be bad although I don't see how it would cause a misfire. If it's bad you would be dropping pressure and going lean. You mentioned this was a custom tune it's possible they forced the wrong operating system onto your mustang. Some tuners will use the same tune for many vehicles regardless of whether the operating system is a match. Tunes only write a fraction of the code of the operating system so there can be many other things that are missing when you force the wrong os. At this point I would try all those things above and possibly remove the kit and go back to stock and run the bap on your stock tune with stock injectors to rule that out. You also need to flash back to stock obviously. If you don't have any issues then at least you know your car is fine. Last resort would be to try and get a refund for the tune and device and go with another tuner like wengerd. I've only heard great things about them.

OP
OP
BKoz

BKoz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Update: vortech told me to bench test it myself....I brought the BAP and connectors in to my maintenance manager since he had the proper tools. It's all working properly, puts out a steady 17.83 volts.

I'm going to try getting a better ground but if that doesn't work, I think the only thing left would be the tune.

Car runs fine but when the light starts flashing I let out so I don't really feel the misfire.

I did the install and checked the maf is facing the proper direction.

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
I ran it for close to 10 months above 850whp and a bap. Your other alternative would be a hellcat walbro 525 pump but you lose the venturi line and will run out of gas at 1/4 tank
this is not true. you do not lose venturi. you lose the line that fills the bucket and you can easily add that

kenand1988

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
this is not true. you do not lose venturi. you lose the line that fills the bucket and you can easily add that
You lose the venturi line. That's exactly what I said. Not a lot of people want to drill a hole into the top of theor pump and glue in a nipple to add a small straw. If you have to add something that is no longer there then yeah that thing has been lost.

Sponsored

OP
OP
BKoz

BKoz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Update: they looked a bunch of logs over and sent me a new tune..... Three pulls in, random misfire.

This week I had actually struggled to get a check engine light. My random misfires couldn't be more random. I'm really at the end of the rope here.

Any new suggestions before I pull everything off and sell it and the car? I'm a month and a half into this without being able to get it fixed and the season to get it to the track for a few passes is closing in. 😭

Gregory347

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT A10 PP1, 1987 Buick Grand National, 1985 Mustang
custom tune is what you need... when Procharger could not get my kit supplied tune right I asked for and got a refund for the cost of the tune.....had the car tuned by Lund...probem solved....

larr12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang PP1

kenand1988

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I'd go with wengerd. Seems more willing to look into a problem and not just dismiss it

GP70

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
Might just need to switch to a tuner that uses HP tuners. The livernois tuner may not be on the same level as HP tuners in the amount of adjustable parameters.

Sponsored

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
If you go Lund or Wengerd, at least you can rule out the tune being the problem if the CEL persists.

Lund cured my tuning problems when I installed mine. Their basic tune file before revisions was already night n day ahead of what I was running previous to them.

BlueBayou

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I'm curious as well. I have the same setup on my 2020 GT and get random misfires. P300 as well. Check engine light use to stay on now it flashes and goes off when it happens. It seems to do it at part throttle. I'm wondering if it actually likes full throttle. I tend to back out before full throttle because my crappy 555 G2s can't hook. Can't find 555RIIs and I believe NT05Rs are discontinued. I would be curious as to the problem. Might get a different tuner. I thought Livernois was well know as tuners.

OP
OP
BKoz

BKoz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
I'll definitely be trying a different tuner but dropping another $1500 on something you thought was covered by getting the kit.... Really sucks.

BlueBayou

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Keep me posted. I've also heard False knock is a PITA also. My builder said even NA 5.0s get false knock and throw P300s. He said it shouldn't be a worry until it throws a specific code I.E P301, 02, etc.

BlueBayou

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Just got off the phone with my installer. He talked to Vortech and had a very interesting conversation. He has always used a 1 step colder plug with a forced induction install. The tuner at Vortech is telling him that he shouldn't have done that. We need to go back to the factory heat range and gap it down to 28 and that should cure it. NKG Plugs are on order and we plan to swap out after Labor Day. If this cures everything that will be crazy and only $100 buck for plugs and install. I was going to drop some cash on a new tuner so hopefully this takes care of it.
Sponsored