Sponsored

Vortech install done, flashing CEL

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
That’s literally the first I’ve ever heard anyone say NOT to go colder on the plugs. 28 gap is correct... what are they now?
Sponsored

BlueBayou

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Everything is gapped correctly. Just going to go back to standard range plugs and see if it clears up. Made my Installer scratch his head too. Matt has been working on mustangs since Fox bodies but he said he's seen stranger things.

OP
OP
BKoz

BKoz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Just got off the phone with my installer. He talked to Vortech and had a very interesting conversation. He has always used a 1 step colder plug with a forced induction install. The tuner at Vortech is telling him that he shouldn't have done that. We need to go back to the factory heat range and gap it down to 28 and that should cure it. NKG Plugs are on order and we plan to swap out after Labor Day. If this cures everything that will be crazy and only $100 buck for plugs and install. I was going to drop some cash on a new tuner so hopefully this takes care of it.
Hope that works for you. Plugs have not helped or hurt me so far but the low rpm smoothness is not as good with the denso plugs (1 range colder,) so I'll probably switch back as well.

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
You lose the venturi line. That's exactly what I said. Not a lot of people want to drill a hole into the top of theor pump and glue in a nipple to add a small straw. If you have to add something that is no longer there then yeah that thing has been lost.
the line coming out the top of the pump is not for venturi

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Just got off the phone with my installer. He talked to Vortech and had a very interesting conversation. He has always used a 1 step colder plug with a forced induction install. The tuner at Vortech is telling him that he shouldn't have done that. We need to go back to the factory heat range and gap it down to 28 and that should cure it. NKG Plugs are on order and we plan to swap out after Labor Day. If this cures everything that will be crazy and only $100 buck for plugs and install. I was going to drop some cash on a new tuner so hopefully this takes care of it.
i see zero chance of this working. heat range is not how hot the spark plug fires, it's how much heat it retains. your just increasing the chance of detonation with a hotter plug

Sponsored

BlueBayou

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
My Installer said the same thing about the plugs buy we are going to try what Vortech wants and see if that works. I'm not pulling my hair out chasing ghost so if this doesn't work a new tuner it is.

waltrs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium PP1, 401A, 6MT
i was tracking that somewhere in 19-20, ford dropped the OEM plug heat range by 1. earlier gen 3s needed 1 step down plugs, but late model gen 3s do not.

BlueBayou

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Picking up the car today hopefully with new plugs. We'll see what that does and I'll report back.

Sponsored

BlueBayou

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Took a while to get to Mexico but got a lot of different runs in. 1/4, 1/2, 3/4, and full throttle. Most of my P300s came from part throttle for some reason. I'm happy to report NO CEL. My builder and I are perplexed, but for now it seems to have worked. The car actually feels more responsive as well. The plugs used were NKG part # LTR6IX-11 stock # 6509

OP
OP
BKoz

BKoz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Recent updates from livernois made the car run much worse at low rpm. The other day it stalled leaving a red light. I still get the random misfire code. I'm going to switch tuners when I can but this is what livernois responded with.... Does this seem like it would be the issue?

"Everything looks ok on the logs but we have seen a Di injector cause rough running issues before and a bad idle, if you could, can you check the injector? we see them fail most of the time on cylinder 8. also, in the logs, the fuel trims look good, the car is adding timing, not pulling it out, everything looks good in this aspect"