BKoz

BKoz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
The hits keep coming for me on this thing. Cannot find any issues mechanically. I'm going to have to try a different tuner for sure.

Today I did a pull on the way home and piece of the belt shredded and smacked into this vacuum connection causing the brakes to go insane. Anyone know the part needed for replacement?

Better belt replacement?
Likely cause?

20220920_180236.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
BKoz

BKoz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Anyone successfully install a new belt with vortech's terrible design? Any tips for someone with really large hands?

I definitely regret not getting the quick belt change bolt.... Will be getting it for sure. After an hour of trying to get the ribbed pulley and it's spacers back in, dropping the small spacer into various places of the engine bay, I gave up.

OP
OP
BKoz

BKoz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Well the last tune they sent me over a month ago runs terrible at low rpm but top end seems all better.

Last track day for the year so I decided to just run it.....10.8 @130mph

Looking forward to someone else's tune next year.

BlueBayou

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I would be happy with that time especially with all the issues. Did you get dyno numbers. How was your 60'.

Sponsored

OP
OP
BKoz

BKoz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
I would be happy with that time especially with all the issues. Did you get dyno numbers. How was your 60'.
No Dyno, 1.7-1.8 sixty foots 10.9 on most runs. 10.8 was the best of the day

BlueBayou

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Get some Hook and knock off a couple 10ths in 60' and your in the mid 10s. Still not bad.

Prodigal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Sorry for all your troubles OP. It’s threads like this that keep me hesitant to add FI. I don’t have half the skills the OP has so I know my junk would either remain broken in the garage or on a roll back headed to a shop for costly diagnosis and repairs. Sucks to put her away for the year knowing you get to start next year right where you left off with a problem.

OP
OP
BKoz

BKoz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Sorry for all your troubles OP. It’s threads like this that keep me hesitant to add FI. I don’t have half the skills the OP has so I know my junk would either remain broken in the garage or on a roll back headed to a shop for costly diagnosis and repairs. Sucks to put her away for the year knowing you get to start next year right where you left off with a problem.
The install was very simple and if I had gone with a better tune/fuel option from the beginning, this would've likely been a very fun experience. If it was a car that had to be driven though and I couldn't take my time, I'd have it installed and tuned at the same place if available.

Winter plans will be suspension and I need some street wheels and tires that can hold this setup. Driving around with radials is great until it rains.

Posted a video of the run.

Sponsored