Vehicle(s)
GT500 2014, ROUSH II 2018
Vehicle Showcase

Wolvee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Unless you're trying to make max power, just go with the Roush theme you've already got going. So far none of them seem like bad choices. I'm not sure I believe all the power numbers of the new versions of the 2650's places have started saying they're making. I'm going to wait for judgment until a bunch of average guys get them and see what numbers they really make.

That's a screamin deal for the amount of power that you get w/ the roush.

OP
OP
Temovic55

Temovic55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500 2014, ROUSH II 2018
Vehicle Showcase
Unless you're trying to make max power, just go with the Roush theme you've already got going. So far none of them seem like bad choices. I'm not sure I believe all the power numbers of the new versions of the 2650's places have started saying they're making. I'm going to wait for judgment until a bunch of average guys get them and see what numbers they really make.

That's a screamin deal for the amount of power that you get w/ the roush.
Thanks Wolvee,
I agree with you on the part where I don't find it very difficult to pick the Roush just for the sake of greater output! the issue here is the installation & tune are ( Remotely )! says Roush they can't ensure that their tune would work in my case! I live in a country where the weather is mostly HOT and can't decide either Lund or Palm beach !?

Kona 18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
If you have a 18+, the Roush is by far the worse blower choice you can make, PBD recently posted the IATs they saw during a single 1/4 mile pass, 200*f+ temperatures from a single pull. It just lack the ability to cool the charge air. Don't let people tell you it's fine if you aren't going all out, cooling does matter.

I'm personally biased towards the Edelbrock since it's what I have....whether you want 650 or 1200whp, the Edelbrock unit will get the job done.
IMG_7112.jpg
IMG_4785.jpg

Sponsored

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
I’m not going to argue with you there. I was on the fence between edelbrock vs whipple, but bought whipple because I had good prior experience with them and felt like their included cal was less of an unknown..

Kona 18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
I’m not going to argue with you there. I was on the fence between edelbrock vs whipple, but bought whipple because I had good prior experience with them and felt like their included cal was less of an unknown..
Lol my post is, as of 6/26/19@2:16pm CST, a fact, not a opinion to be debated or argued.

I was torn between both when I made my purchase too, but TVS rotor packs have always performed great, and now that the Edelbrock has been out longer and people are pushing harder we can see that the Edelbrock is right up there when it comes to performance. From a end user perspective, it doesn't matter if you do Whipple or Edelbrock, both will make you happy, both can run 8's....

Chainsaw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Magnetic Gray A10, 401A, PP1.
If you have a 18+, the Roush is by far the worse blower choice you can make, PBD recently posted the IATs they saw during a single 1/4 mile pass, 200*f+ temperatures from a single pull. It just lack the ability to cool the charge air. Don't let people tell you it's fine if you aren't going all out, cooling does matter.

I'm personally biased towards the Edelbrock since it's what I have....whether you want 650 or 1200whp, the Edelbrock unit will get the job done.
IMG_7112.jpg
IMG_4785.jpg
Do you have a link to that data, I'd like to see it. Ken recommended that I get a Methanol Water injection kit. I'm reluctant to do that until I've seen the results. I'm currently modifying a VMP triple pass to work better with the 18+, and I'm going with a Varimax pump that flows 25% more than the Bosch pump.

Last edited:

NYDP77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 Roush Mustang Stage 3
Vehicle Showcase
They are all good. PBD doesn't even sell Roush so why would they promote the product in a good way? Take it with a grain of salt..

Sponsored

CraigJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 97 Westfield SEW
Another vote for Edelbrock. I have the 2300 kit on my 16GT and tuned by Palm beach.
Was on the dyno yesterday and pulled 632whp.

Standard EB kit with just a BAP.
FC11267B-7B5A-4134-9CAF-97F2B02F0265.jpeg
B28FC1B4-9345-4489-8C0C-F82E4A3A3E27.jpeg

TehEno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harry
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT - Tickford Supercharge Pack - Orange Fury
Vehicle Showcase
I went with Roush, but got a pulley change and larger injectors and I keep my warranty - paid alittle extra to Tickford who done the install for the warranty to be kept with the changes.

Standard install is 710HP and 830NM. Im north of 800HP and 930NM. Not at the wheels.

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
Here is something else for the Edelbrock stage 1 or 2. It comes with a free 3/36 warranty that starts from the in service date of the vehicle. So you 18-19 guys can get a warranty to offset any Ford power train denials.

Warranty cover:

Engine- $12500
Tranny- $2500
Rear end- $1500

If installed by an ASE certified tech and using Edelbrock tune calibration.

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
Are there any dyno numbers out there on the stage 2 edelbrock on 93 with the edelbrock cal?

Kona 18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
Are there any dyno numbers out there on the stage 2 edelbrock on 93 with the edelbrock cal?
Yeah, this is on their calibration, which does leave a lot on the table since it comes with their powertrain warranty for free

Edelbrock-2018-2019-mustang-stage-2-dyno.jpg

Do you have a link to that data, I'd like to see it. Ken recommended that I get a Methanol Water injection kit. I'm reluctant to do that until I've seen the results. I'm currently modifying a VMP triple pass to work better with the 18+, and I'm going with a Varimax pump that flows 25% more than the Bosch pump.
It's over on Ken's personal page, they look a car out and ran a 9.8 or something like that and IATs exceeded 200*f. Methj can definitely help bring IATs down to a more tolerable level

They are all good. PBD doesn't even sell Roush so why would they promote the product in a good way? Take it with a grain of salt..
VMP, who was partnered with Roush up until the 18 model has said the same, the intercooler is just no good, it's not made to handle the discharge temps the 2650 puts out, so its not about what they do or don't sell, bc they do support that blower and tune people with them.
Sponsored