Sponsored

Do you experience vibration and rumbling between 50 and 70 mph?

• Total voters

MikeD1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Good luck. Any update?
Nothing to report until the new DS arrives.

Both Rachel & the Regional CSM have been in contact with me. CSM said the DS should be @ the dealer by Tue & that she was tracking progress with the SM and would make sure they scheduled me in ASAP to get it installed. I have not been leaving my car there, would rather have it here in the garage than hanging around "exposed" in lot somewhere. They do have a secure area for cars that need to stay & they do seem careful parking them, but still - always the chance for something to happen.
Sponsored

347CobraII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I agree that finding the source of a vibration is difficult (BTDT). People are most upset at the attitude being displayed -- by dealers and techs, and most of all, by Ford. Things such as "it's not that bad", "vibe, what vibe?", "it's perfectly normal for a car to vibrate this way", "don't you remember the 1960's cars that were so much worse?". That attitude followed by a "we'll eventually figure it out -- trust us" toward a customer who just shelled out $30-$50k for a car from a company who has previously hidden deadly problems, is what has most of us the most pissed off.

I used to be an F-16 aircraft tech, so understand your point of view, and also worked with Army Aviation where they achieve outstanding results with vibrations. I have a number of former techs who used to work for me who had the same attitude toward addressing customer problems. Fortunately, I have a much higher percentage of current employees (many of them techs) who continue to thrive due to a much more positive attitude.

Attitudes well owners also have it and a lot of it and that some how there the victim. Internet forums will always slant dealership and manufacture as bad guys and that we're all stupid.

Jim05

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback
Attitudes well owners also have it and a lot of it and that some how there the victim. Internet forums will always slant dealership and manufacture as bad guys and that we're all stupid.
I agree with you. This is most about the breakdown in trust -- the same reason Unions came to be and remain. I truly believe the primary tech who worked on mine is pretty darn good and tried very hard to find and fix the problem. As much as I normally scoff at conspiracy theory, in this case I truly believe there is a large degree of cover-up taking place. Ford is in a corner with the new Camaro, and Fields is nowhere near the CEO Mulally was.

GDP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Base Deep Impact
Have this slightly on my 16 GT. Right at 60. Very slight but it's there. Don't care enough to go through all the hassle. Will eventually end up replacing most of the driveline and rear end with aftermarket anyway.

Till then I will continue to drive it like I stole it until it fails in a bad way.

Oh also go watch a faster horse on Netflix. At one point they acknowledge the problem in the video lol. About vibration in the steering wheel. Ford knows. They don't want to pay.

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
Nothing to report until the new DS arrives.

Both Rachel & the Regional CSM have been in contact with me. CSM said the DS should be @ the dealer by Tue & that she was tracking progress with the SM and would make sure they scheduled me in ASAP to get it installed. I have not been leaving my car there, would rather have it here in the garage than hanging around "exposed" in lot somewhere. They do have a secure area for cars that need to stay & they do seem careful parking them, but still - always the chance for something to happen.
Definitely. F that.

Sponsored

347CobraII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I agree with you. This is most about the breakdown in trust -- the same reason Unions came to be and remain. I truly believe the primary tech who worked on mine is pretty darn good and tried very hard to find and fix the problem. As much as I normally scoff at conspiracy theory, in this case I truly believe there is a large degree of cover-up taking place. Ford is in a corner with the new Camaro, and Fields is nowhere near the CEO Mulally was.

I don't see it exactly as breakdown in trust but you can say this about everything. People all about me me me when something happens like there world coming to a end it's only happened to me. Then they get into how much car cost somehow that makes them special. I see that with trucks (avg cost 120,000- 150,000) because it also there income.

Ford doesn't have to worry about Camaro because what GM fails to see price is what helps Mustang sells. Then aftermarket support that Mustang has help a lot too.

shahram72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shahram
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 auto Foundry pkg.
Oh also go watch a faster horse on Netflix. At one point they acknowledge the problem in the video lol. About vibration in the steering wheel. Ford knows. They don't want to pay.
Watched it last night. Also caught that blurb. Wow! My lowly V6 will probably be the pinnacle of my car ownership in my lifetime. It's reliving my youth while still being a practical car to get me to work. That said, it's no Porsche, but ANY car should ride smooth, have had Fords before and they all rode smooth with no driveline vibrations. And the sports car explanation doesn't justify anything, I can feel the tires and suspenion, and I LIKE how they feel. The vibration is separate and I don't like how that feels. Still haven't heard from Deysha, I'm sure he/she is busy. I keep doing that... Is Deysha a man or woman so I can address her or him properly and respectfully?

shahram72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shahram
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 auto Foundry pkg.
I don't see it exactly as breakdown in trust but you can say this about everything. People all about me me me when something happens like there world coming to a end it's only happened to me. Then they get into how much car cost somehow that makes them special. I see that with trucks (avg cost 120,000- 150,000) because it also there income.

Ford doesn't have to worry about Camaro because what GM fails to see price is what helps Mustang sells. Then aftermarket support that Mustang has help a lot too.
Oh I'm with you on this. I'm not going to be a jerk about this, but the dealer shouldn't either. It's not their fault, manufacturing management screwed this up. There's a guy on FB from the Flint plant and the official solution there is let the dealer fix it.

Norseman71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Performance Pack - Convertible
Just joined the forum after reading all 50'plus pages

I am having the same issue - took it to the dealer thinking it was tires - they said we don't think it's balancing, wait till you put the summer wheels on and we will diagnose it then.

I thought it was balancing so took it to a tire shop and had all 4 wheels road force balanced - no change in the vibration from 80-115 km/h. - smooth at 120 but most of my driving is 80-110

So dealer was right - they didn't tell me anything but wondering if they are aware of the drivetrain issue?

So I guess I wait another month and hope for the best

My vibration is not too bad but annoying like going over a rough road all the time - you feel it in the seat of your pants or if you. Put your foot flat on the floor - also on the handbrake handle.

My winter wheels are 18" Ford Mustang rims with xice xi'3

Summer wheels are the black 19" with pzero

MikeD1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat
DS arrived @ the dealer today. Unfortunately, my schedule is packed till Thurs, so I can't get it installed till then :(

Sponsored

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang

ultimate warrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
I did, shahram72. Be sure to send back the info Rachel requested from you. BTW, I am a lady. ;)

Deysha
Deysha - can you contact someone from the engineering department about this and get back to us with something of substance.

I understand your primary role is to make sure people get entered into service tickets, but we need someone who makes the TSBs to chime in here.

Customer service is appreciated, TSBs and recalls are useful.

Jim05

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback
I had my arbitration today, then received a call from the Regional Manager. I'm at the point of not being sure what to hope for. :confused: Even if I don't hear something back by Friday on the arbitration, I guess I'll head down to the Dodge and Chevy dealers to see what they have to offer. The grass can't be any browner over there.

Deysha,
Thank you for making the call from the Regional Manager happen. Hopefully, he has some pull with the engineers to fix this. I find it so hard to believe that Ford dealers can't balance driveshafts because it is not an approved warranty repair. Worse yet, according to all 3 dealers I called, if I have it done at a non-Ford shop I will void the entire warranty. Wow!

I think it's becoming clearer what I hope for...

347CobraII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I had my arbitration today, then received a call from the Regional Manager. I'm at the point of not being sure what to hope for. :confused: Even if I don't hear something back by Friday on the arbitration, I guess I'll head down to the Dodge and Chevy dealers to see what they have to offer. The grass can't be any browner over there.

Deysha,
Thank you for making the call from the Regional Manager happen. Hopefully, he has some pull with the engineers to fix this. I find it so hard to believe that Ford dealers can't balance driveshafts because it is not an approved warranty repair. Worse yet, according to all 3 dealers I called, if I have it done at a non-Ford shop I will void the entire warranty. Wow!

I think it's becoming clearer what I hope for...
That's because they will not cover what another shop does. If other shop (driveshaft place) they mess up or it cause's major failure Ford is on the hook for it. Then it's fight between them and turns into blame game. Warranty is fun no matter who manufacture is

MikeD1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I find it so hard to believe that Ford dealers can't balance driveshafts because it is not an approved warranty repair. Worse yet, according to all 3 dealers I called, if I have it done at a non-Ford shop I will void the entire warranty. Wow!
I truly do not understand why you would want them to attempt to balance the DS in the field (or even sub it out) vs. having a new one installed ?

Once the dealer determined my was out of balance, they ordered a new one & it arrived in 3 working days. I guess the new one could be messed up as well, but I'm hoping I'm not that unlucky :doh: I'll know for sure tomorrow afternoon !
Sponsored