Sponsored

Do you experience vibration and rumbling between 50 and 70 mph?

• Total voters

shahram72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shahram
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 auto Foundry pkg.
My car is all factory, no tune or anything. I just want my Mustang to be a comfortable cruiser. I doubt my dealer has the vibe analyzer. Maybe another larger dealer in the area does. Right now I would say it's 50% fixed, maybe 60%. IF I can get it to 90 I would be happy. Ford just screwed this one up. My first American car in decades. Now I remember why I only buy Japanese. Shame Japanese had nothing to offer I liked this time. I like the Veloster, but 1.6L?!?! And I get flak for owning a V6 Mustang with it's HUGE almost 4 liter engine!
Sponsored

15gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Race Red GT 6 speed
Well got my car back after a new rear differential and still vibrating. I think it may actually be worse after they worked on it!!!! And now it's roaring like others are having issues with. Didn't have the roaring sound before. Danggggggit!!!!

Jetboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Prem / 1999 Yellow GT Convt.
Did they service it with fluid? I had my wifes 99 gt rear bearings replaced and they didn't add any friction
Modifier and it kind of sounded like that. I would drop the car back and call the ford customer rep.

2016Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Well got my car back after a new rear differential and still vibrating. I think it may actually be worse after they worked on it!!!! And now it's roaring like others are having issues with. Didn't have the roaring sound before. Danggggggit!!!!
Riduclous sorry to hear that . Give ford itself a call up and put a case in , that's what I did . I'm still waiting for a representative from ford to call back

ultimate warrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
I think after waiting a couple weeks after my driveshaft replacement and reading these recent posts I have decided to escalate. Not mad with my dealer at all, they have performed as expected, but this is a complicated issue and needs an engineer. My vibration is better, but not gone and every day when I hit 50 I get reminded that my car is a POS, and that is not the right way to feel. I think with the vibe analyzer they can get it better if not perfect, although it should be perfect, every other car out there is. Had plenty of cars with driveshafts and this was never and issue ever. Will be sending the email to Ford Service this weekend. OK, here's my angry rant. It's bad enough I had to settle fort the V6, the least I can expect is to roll down the street quietly!

how I feel about mine as well.

review added to edmunds consumer reviews, Id recommend if you are having this problem, comment on this message and help others not make this same mistake/force Ford's hand to resolve quickly:

http://www.edmunds.com/ford/mustang/2015/consumer-reviews/review-882307692366389248/

will be adding one for 2016 today as well.

Sponsored

15gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Race Red GT 6 speed
Riduclous sorry to hear that . Give ford itself a call up and put a case in , that's what I did . I'm still waiting for a representative from ford to call back
Had a ford Rep since day one. I've been communicating with her just waiting for her reply back. The dealer wants me to come in and drive another mustang in an attempt to brainwash me into thinking "they all do it" . I just hate I traded my base 15 for this premium and I didn't have this problem before. My first 15 had no noise or vibration. :frusty:

WindveilNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT premium convertible
I have a GT auto trans coming in about a month and this is very distressing to hear. Anyone try Lemon lawing the car?

347CobraII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Did they service it with fluid? I had my wifes 99 gt rear bearings replaced and they didn't add any friction
Modifier and it kind of sounded like that. I would drop the car back and call the ford customer rep.
That additive had nothing to do with bearings only for clutches (traction-loc) in the rear so it wouldn't chatter when turning. 99% of rear oil already has it in it..

My 99 GT ate side carrier bearings too and so did my 11 GT. 04 mach 1 ran just fine

347CobraII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
how I feel about mine as well.

review added to edmunds consumer reviews, Id recommend if you are having this problem, comment on this message and help others not make this same mistake/force Ford's hand to resolve quickly:

http://www.edmunds.com/ford/mustang/2015/consumer-reviews/review-882307692366389248/

will be adding one for 2016 today as well.
How is that going to FORCE Ford? Do we know how many are effected NO well unless you go off internet then it's 100%. Also everyone complains about there car even the tiniest thing

888mustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V-6 051A 6spd,95 Mustang GT Vert
Good idea The Edmunds review. I added my review, Ford should have a fix by now. No reason any one should have to put up with a drive line vibration on a new car.

Sponsored

2016Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Had a ford Rep since day one. I've been communicating with her just waiting for her reply back. The dealer wants me to come in and drive another mustang in an attempt to brainwash me into thinking "they all do it" . I just hate I traded my base 15 for this premium and I didn't have this problem before. My first 15 had no noise or vibration. :frusty:
This is exactly what the ford rep told me the engineer stated in his report , that it's a normal noise . When I heard this I was extremely fed up , I told the rep that's nonsense because the dealer tech argreed that the noise coming from my car was not normal , also he told another identical mustang out which I went for a test ride with him and no noise present in that mustang

347CobraII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Good idea The Edmunds review. I added my review, Ford should have a fix by now. No reason any one should have to put up with a drive line vibration on a new car.
Tell me how that works that was tried in 2010-2011 with 2011 Mustangs over the trans

Jetboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That additive had nothing to do with bearings only for clutches (traction-loc) in the rear so it wouldn't chatter when turning. 99% of rear oil already has it in it..

My 99 GT ate side carrier bearings too and so did my 11 GT. 04 mach 1 ran just fine
Yes i know it has nothing to do with bearings however it made some terrible noise until i added another bottle of the additive and thats why i mentioned it.

Jetboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Put 200 miles on since the new diff and it seems ok so far. Other than no car for 16 or so days, the process is done. I think ford knows there is a bad vib problem as they directed the dealership through the troubleshooting. Although the tech at the dealership thought there was still some vib the engineer put his vib monitor and said the frequency of the vib indicated a tire vib. Pirelli said I would have to ship my tires back for inspection before i would get replacements and it would take up to 4 weeks. I figured ill just replace those next year and it wont be Pirelli. It was nice to finally dump the dealership oil out and service it with mobil one.

FordTechOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cobra
My car is all factory, no tune or anything. I just want my Mustang to be a comfortable cruiser. I doubt my dealer has the vibe analyzer. Maybe another larger dealer in the area does. Right now I would say it's 50% fixed, maybe 60%. IF I can get it to 90 I would be happy. Ford just screwed this one up. My first American car in decades. Now I remember why I only buy Japanese. Shame Japanese had nothing to offer I liked this time. I like the Veloster, but 1.6L?!?! And I get flak for owning a V6 Mustang with it's HUGE almost 4 liter engine!
You can't be serious. If you honestly believe the bullshit you're saying, you should venture over to your "japanese" forums and see the problems that they have. There is nothing more ignorant than claiming your car has problems because it's from "X' country and not another.

And BTW, a Hyundai isn't japanese. It's Korean; which is just as shitty and Un-American. At least get your facts straight before you talk shit on the internet.

Once again...go to a dealer than can properly diagnose your vehicle. I've driven and ridden in more S550s than you've ever seen, and never once have I experienced the "vibration" you are complaining about. If in fact your car has an issue, find a dealer than can accurately diagnose it instead of posting nonsense on an internet forum and blaming everyone besides yourself.
Sponsored