Sponsored

V6 - Saving up for Mods, got some questions.

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry to spam the thread. Will 275/40r19 work fine with the SVE S350s? I see it has an offset of +40mm. Will that casue rubbing with the tire size?
My understanding is the SVE wheels for Mustangs are designed with the right offsets to fit. There should be no problem whatsoever with rubbing, especially with a 275 tire. It's a common size for a 10 inch wheel. This thread should have plenty of examples of tire combos with those wheels.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/sve-gt350-style-wheels.47099/
Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry to spam the thread. Will 275/40r19 work fine with the SVE S350s? I see it has an offset of +40mm. Will that casue rubbing with the tire size?
Agree with Jay, that will be very close to my setup overall (275/35/20 +42 all around) since the tire sizes are .1" apart, more sidewall for you of course.

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
No you will be fine. They wont be perfectly flush so if your looking for an even more aggressive stance then you will need some spacers. They will look like the photos they have on the site which is awesome. So you have no worries.

MarkDMKC1974

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT in Shadow Black
I mean, while you're at it if you're doing springs you may as well upgrade the shocks and struts too, throw in some cradle lockouts while its lowered for the springs, upgrade the front brake caliper/rotor/pad while the wheels are already off too. It's also a lot easier to take the front bumper off with the wheels off so swap that out and upgrade the turn signals too...if you don't have a wife to get mad at you for all that, your wallet or parents will!
Yeah getting some Roush Coil Overs, some long tube headers, a catback, some racing stripes, some foglights, gonna get a spoiler, short shifter, 3.55 rear gears, some trans fluid change, paint my calipers...oh yeah...

THEN, THEN! When Ive driven those wheels into pure blank rubber, Ill get a procharger.

Fuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
Where did you guys buy tmps from? I see cheap ones from eBay that look OEM.

From what I read I also do not need to purchase the tpms programmer, is that correct?

Sponsored

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
There are a few options. You can buy a set of TPMS from a site like eBAY, a tire shop, or a ford dealership. Normally, you can purchase the sensors yourself for much cheaper than what a tire shop or dealership will hit you with, but that is not always the case. Now, as far as install and programming goes...A tire shop will have a programming tool to marry the sensors up to the car. It shouldn't matter whether or not you buy the TPMS from them, only that you paid them to install your new tires. They will program the senors as part of the install (a good shop will). Also, you could go to a Ford Dealership and talk to the service people who handle tire and oil change and ask if they can reprogram for you. It's a small tool and it takes like 20 seconds for them to do it...hopefully they are helpful and won't try and charge you. The last option is buying a set of self programming TPMS. Then you need not worry about programming at all!

Last edited:

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Where did you guys buy tmps from? I see cheap ones from eBay that look OEM.

From what I read I also do not need to purchase the tpms programmer, is that correct?
I bought the OEM ones listed on eBay for about $55, they synced right up within 5 minutes of driving for me. If they don't sync for some reason, you can try what he mentioned above and run by a dealership real quick.

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I also have OEM ones from eBay (might be from Amazon?). I am counting on them working without the tool when I get my tires.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I see cheap ones from eBay that look OEM.
They sure do. I got some a set a couple days ago. I am beginning to wonder if the seller is buying up expired or expiring units (the batteries die eventually), putting in new batteries and new stems and reselling them.

I bought a new set from Levittown too.
I can part with these Ebay units but I have no handy way to test them. Though I think I'll go swing by the local Ford dealer and see if they can interrogate the units and confirm if they work or not.

Sponsored

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
The 275/40/19 works perfectly with the S350 19x10 all the way around. It's what I've had on mine for 20K miles or so. I went with the BFG Comp 2 A/S. Discount Tire will beat / match any online price. Great tire.

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
As for the question about BBK long tubes and drone....I'll go through my progression, maybe it will help. I added a used MBRP Cat back (mean for 15-17 GT - it bolts right up to the V6 exhaust no mods needed) when the car was brand new. Then I added shorty headers. It was a little loud for my tastes. Added 2 Vibrant Ultra Quiet resonators right after the h-split on the MBRP exhaust. Sounded great. Zero drone. Then I went to BBK Long tubes. I used the off road pipe but added Flowmaster bullet cat converters. Not big on "high flow" no name converters. RASP city. I ended up having my exhaust guy cut out the h pipe portion of the MBRP exhaust (along with the Vibrant ultra quiet resonators) and added a Magnaflow True X resonator / muffler. I love the way it sounds now. Zero drone, zero rasp, I can beat it on it without every cop in 5 miles looking around. Performance gain was worth every penny.

MarkDMKC1974

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
So a question about gears, what would it be like to go to 3.55 gears? Ive read people suggest doing that, but would it matter for the V6?

Can I just buy the gears and have a shop put them in?

MarkDMKC1974

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
As for the question about BBK long tubes and drone....I'll go through my progression, maybe it will help. I added a used MBRP Cat back (mean for 15-17 GT - it bolts right up to the V6 exhaust no mods needed) when the car was brand new. Then I added shorty headers. It was a little loud for my tastes. Added 2 Vibrant Ultra Quiet resonators right after the h-split on the MBRP exhaust. Sounded great. Zero drone. Then I went to BBK Long tubes. I used the off road pipe but added Flowmaster bullet cat converters. Not big on "high flow" no name converters. RASP city. I ended up having my exhaust guy cut out the h pipe portion of the MBRP exhaust (along with the Vibrant ultra quiet resonators) and added a Magnaflow True X resonator / muffler. I love the way it sounds now. Zero drone, zero rasp, I can beat it on it without every cop in 5 miles looking around. Performance gain was worth every penny.
Yeah Im thinking of going Borla Touring Catback. OR just what these guys are listing out for me. I definitely want to at the least get the long tube headers for performance gains.

Been working a ton lately so soon Ill have the money for it, hard to decide which route to go. Though I did find a good, highly rated shop here in kansas city.

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
So a question about gears, what would it be like to go to 3.55 gears? Ive read people suggest doing that, but would it matter for the V6?

Can I just buy the gears and have a shop put them in?
Gears and tune are the two biggest mods you will notice every minute you drive it.
I swapped a 3.55 Ford Performance complete rear end in my car when it was only a few months old. Got lucky and found it on Craigslist.

As for what you should do - if you are not doing the wrenching - it's a draw. You can find a used 3.55 or 3.73 (usually more pricey) complete rear end 'pumpkin' to swap into your car. I did mind on jack stands in a small garage. It's not hard at all. It's a straight bolt in swap. As for paying a shop - I bet it ends up about the same in cost.

Used rear end + labor for shop to replace.

New gears + installation kit + labor for shop to replace the OEM 3.15 gears (you'll also need a different carrier for inside the rear end, since the 3.15 carrier will NOT work with lower (numerically higher) gears.

Used complete 3.55 pumpkins can be had for $300-500 without too much effort. Plus install labor.
Sponsored