Sponsored

V1 Radar Detector hard wire install

BackinBlackS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP, Black with Recaros
I got the Anchor Room setup today and didn't have much luck. The mirror tap plugs just fall out of the mirror and won't stay in - not even close. And the mount hangs down pretty far from the mirror, pretty much right in your face in the center of the windshield. I need to find a better solution.
Sponsored

JASON@ANCHOR-ROOM

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ANCHOR-ROOM.com
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
The plug need to be inserted in a different location - they are snug once inserted properly to a point where it will even take some force to remove them.

The mount also perhaps just needs some fine tuning - we but ours snug to the bottom of the mirror on the right side (for minimum visibility reduction and almost touching the bottom of the mirror).

Just took this one.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426159476.634715.jpg

Anchor-Room.com

BackinBlackS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The plug need to be inserted in a different location - they are snug once inserted properly to a point where it will even take some force to remove them.

The mount also perhaps just needs some fine tuning - we but ours snug to the bottom of the mirror on the right side (for minimum visibility reduction and almost touching the bottom of the mirror).

Just took this one.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426159476.634715.jpg

Anchor-Room.com
Thanks.

I'll try moving it to the right side of the mirror. One of the problems with the lead, which I discovered this morning, is that there is a short on the green wire where the pins is. I'll probably just end up making my own lead and trying to wire it into the interior light box, or order a different mirror tap lead somewhere. I followed the instructions that came with it and didn't see any reference to exactly where and how to put the pins in - it looks like they just plug in, but that's not the case I guess.

JASON@ANCHOR-ROOM

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ANCHOR-ROOM.com
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP

BackinBlackS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'll fiddle with it some more. The mirror in the video doesn't look anything like mine. I tried a number of times to get the pins in where the printed instructions show and haven't had any luck.

Sponsored

JASON@ANCHOR-ROOM

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ANCHOR-ROOM.com
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
I'll fiddle with it some more. The mirror in the video doesn't look anything like mine. I tried a number of times to get the pins in where the printed instructions show and haven't had any luck.

The mirror in the instructions is just to give a general idea - here are some pictures from our '15 - as you can imagine it's hard to take pictures in that tight spot.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426196113.239177.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426196119.775166.jpg

Anchor-Room.com

del101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible
To the dude having trouble: You could try disconnecting the plug from the rear view mirror and placing the pins in. That should make it easier v

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daytona Coupe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2017 Explorer Sport, Ducati Diavel
I just popped off the dome light housing and found the mirror wire where it goes into the headliner. I tapped into it there and grounded it to the sheetmetal in the same place. This way I only have the small black phone cord coming out from the forward edge of the headliner. Didn't have to buy anything.

rduk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 15
I just received your v1 kit, it works perfect. No more calling v1 for replacement windshield suction cups

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

BackinBlackS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just an update on this. I got it installed this morning. My green lead did have a short. The pin pulled right out of the end of the lead with no resistance. So I made my own lead using the spare phone cord that came with the V1. I pulled the dome light housing and spiced into the mirror wires in the harness. Pretty simple, except the green and red wires in the V1 phone cord are the reverse of the other leads (red goes to ground and green to power).

I adjusted the mount so that it snugs up under the passenger side of the mirror and it looks fine and obstructs the view much less.

For those who are going to use the Anchor Room mirror tap, the instructions shows the red pin going into the far right pin hole, which is correct, and then the green pin going into the fourth hole, which is incorrect. The green one goes into the third hole where the black and blue wire goes in. Also, removing the connector from the back of the mirror will help you putting the pins in.

Sponsored

Husker

Just The Basic Facts
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Took an old cell-phone car holder and modified it.

Ground the V1 holder ridges flat.

Applied double sided tape & zip-ties.

Zip-tied to mirror.

ssyellow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' Competition Orange GT - PP/Recaros
Can you buy/anyone know where to get the mirror tap? I found one for $30 but thats far too much for two wires and a phone cord, especially before shipping

JASON@ANCHOR-ROOM

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ANCHOR-ROOM.com
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP

JASON@ANCHOR-ROOM

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ANCHOR-ROOM.com
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
I just received your v1 kit, it works perfect. No more calling v1 for replacement windshield suction cups

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Thank you for supporting small business!
Sponsored