Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ANCHOR-ROOM.com
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
For those who are going to use the Anchor Room mirror tap, the instructions shows the red pin going into the far right pin hole, which is correct, and then the green pin going into the fourth hole, which is incorrect. The green one goes into the third hole where the black and blue wire goes in. Also, removing the connector from the back of the mirror will help you putting the pins in.
I know its hard to tell in such a tight spot but I promise, its the 4th hole.

[email protected]

waynesworld
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
wayne
Vehicle(s)
race red gt premium auto
hey daytona when you poped off the dome light housing are there any chances of the airbag being deployed,did you disconnect the battery just wondering thanks

Daytona Coupe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2017 Explorer Sport, Ducati Diavel
There's no issue with the airbag there. There's no airbag wiring in the area and no sensors either.

The cover pops off with a little prying.

Once you have it out, there's a hole in the headliner where the wires feed through.

If you follow the wire from the mirror, you can pull the headliner down slightly and you'll see the mirror wires secured to the sheetmetal with a plastic push-in tree. If you pop the tree out, you have more slack in the mirror wire bundle.

It is wrapped with cloth tape. Cut the cloth tape with a razor blade and peel it back to expose the individual wires.

Once you find the power wire, you can tap into it with the method of your choice. I used a t-tap connector like this:

I grounded the V1 to the sheetmetal (it's double wall if you pick the right spot.) I used a ring terminal on the ground wire, and a #8 x 1/2 self-tapping screw. Sand the paint off of the metal where the ground terminal will touch the metal.

Once you have it all connected, test it, then tuck the excess wire back above the headliner and push the plastic tree for the mirror wiring back in place. I fit the stock valentine power adapter box inside the dome light housing - it's tight, but it goes - at least on my non-premium GT anyway.

Pop the dome light housing back on and you're finished.

[email protected]

waynesworld
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
wayne
Vehicle(s)
race red gt premium auto
thank you so much daytona for the detailed info,it will come in very handy when I get around to my headliner mods,I wish they sold a book with all the secrets of disassembly of the areas where wiring needs to be installed.I just hate to start pulling things apart and screwing them up as I have done in the past on my s197,thanks again and have a great mustang day

Sponsored

ssyellow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' Competition Orange GT - PP/Recaros
Anchor-room mirror tap was extremely easy to install as it should be. 20 seconds max and you have power, thanks for a nice product!

dtraill27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Ecoboost Premium
Anchor-room mirror tap was extremely easy to install as it should be. 20 seconds max and you have power, thanks for a nice product!
Yep just installed mine yesterday its great

JASON@ANCHOR-ROOM

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ANCHOR-ROOM.com
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP

JASON@ANCHOR-ROOM

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ANCHOR-ROOM.com
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP

Rypkr937

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Coyote Premium
I didn't want to make a new thread to ask this when it could probably be easily answered here... what are the legality issues with a radar detector?

I like in pa, frequently drive in Ohio and occasionally in wv. If I were to get pulled over with it installed and a cop saw it are there any repercussions?

Sponsored

neozeric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem
I didn't want to make a new thread to ask this when it could probably be easily answered here... what are the legality issues with a radar detector?

I like in pa, frequently drive in Ohio and occasionally in wv. If I were to get pulled over with it installed and a cop saw it are there any repercussions?
According to this you should be fine in all three states you mentioned

https://www.rdforum.org/wiki/index.php?title=RDF_Geographical_Survey

May want to check specific laws for each state. For example in Florida it is illegal to mount it to the windshield :shrug:

dtraill27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Ecoboost Premium
Virginia is the only state where they are not legal - for us (we live in va) the worst that can happen is a $40 fine.

Anchor-Room.com
Depends on county. I got one last year outside of Emporia and it was just over $100. I use my Redline in VA now so they can't detect it
Sponsored