Sponsored

Unlocking doors when you touch/pull the handle

Codog23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
OP, make sure you can lock the passenger door by just touching the handle with your finger. That feature should work on both doors as well.
Sponsored

LIPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/50th AP
yeah, but this one seems to not need you near the trunk. i opened my driver's door and my friend was able to open the trunk.

I think as long as the door is unlocked, the trunk can be opened without the fob.

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
yeah, i think that's how they designed it to work, similar to how the passenger door works.

the other cars ive had experience with (toyota, nissan, benz, and bimmer) even if the doors are unlocked, the key has to be near the trunk for you to be able to open it with the trunk release button, and that the key has to be near that particular door you're trying to open (passenger/driver's side)

i wonder if the mustang doesnt have any proximities, and that the key just needs to be near it for you to be able to open the doors/trunk.

madweazl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
If the FOB is within three feet of the vehicle, you can use the button for the trunk release.

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
can u unlock the passenger door while i'm standing next to the driver's side door?

Sponsored

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Neither my Focus ST, my wife's Dart or my Mustang allow a passenger to touch the handle and unlock the door when you are standing next to the drivers door with the fob. It's a very short range radio.

MagneticA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Manual v6 Mustang
Neither my Focus ST, my wife's Dart or my Mustang allow a passenger to touch the handle and unlock the door when you are standing next to the drivers door with the fob. It's a very short range radio.
My wife hates this about the car. More often than not, I am parked in a manner where the passenger's side is facing the place we've just left. So she reaches her door before I reach my door. She always makes a comment as to why I don't just hit the fob so she doesn't have to wait. But to me, one of the beauties of this car is that I never have to fumble around with that fob.

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
They should have added that opening the trunk with your feet by swinging it under the rear bumper for the 401a package. That actually would be more usefull than the blind spot warning :tsk:

Daytona Coupe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2017 Explorer Sport, Ducati Diavel
Maybe you guys can answer a question for me:

I could swear that up until a few weeks ago, if I touched the drivers door, it would lock and unlock both sides.

Right now, if I touch the door, it locks both. If I unlock, it does drivers side only. I have to either use the remote or hit the unlock button inside to unlock the passenger side. If I touch the unlock button on the pass side, it unlocks (not sure if D-side unlocks)

Does yours unlock both with 1 touch on the drivers side?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT

I could swear that up until a few weeks ago, if I touched the drivers door, it would lock and unlock both sides.

Right now, if I touch the door, it locks both. If I unlock, it does drivers side only. I have to either use the remote or hit the unlock button inside to unlock the passenger side. If I touch the unlock button on the pass side, it unlocks (not sure if D-side unlocks)

For the unlock, it's a setting you can change. I have mine set to unlock just the driver's door. From your steering wheel -> Settings -> Vehicle -> Locks -> Remote Unlock -> All Doors
Page 89 of manual
qW9p3m8.png

Sponsored

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
My wife hates this about the car. More often than not, I am parked in a manner where the passenger's side is facing the place we've just left. So she reaches her door before I reach my door. She always makes a comment as to why I don't just hit the fob so she doesn't have to wait. But to me, one of the beauties of this car is that I never have to fumble around with that fob.
yep, when i have a passenger and they reach the door first, i make them wait. my keys only come out of my pocket when i get home to unlock the front door.

this question was answered in the post above. i have it set to open both doors the first time too. but if you have it set to driver's door first, u just have to tap the inside door handle a second time to unlock the passenger door, no need to use the switch on the inside.

unless that's not how the fords work, but this is how the toyotas/nissans work.

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
My drivers side door seems to only unlock half the time when I pull handle with key in pocket. This morning I started car and put key in cup holder and closed door while I grabbed my stuff in the house. Car locked and could not get back in, had to grab extra key in house, lucky I was home! Not working consistently at all

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
i had an issue one time when i got to work and tried to lock the door from the top of the handle. it would not, then i went to the passenger side door with the same results. the handles were wet from the rain but i dont think that was the reason, since i've had no issues with wet handles in the past.

anyway, i locked it with the fob, and when i got back to the car later that day they were fine and it never happened again. not sure what that was about.

pinero61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Ruby Red Base GT PP
Anybody else get into that awkward dance of pulling the handle before it unlocks, and end up looking like a jack ass playing with the handle for five minutes?
Sponsored