Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
too much technology is sometimes a bad thing,how long before this
feature breaks
hopefully long after the 5 years im planning on owning the car

Anybody else get into that awkward dance of pulling the handle before it unlocks, and end up looking like a jack ass playing with the handle for five minutes?
it wont happen very often once u get the hang of it. just reach in, touch the inside of the handle, then feel/hear the locks disengage, then pull
Sponsored

pinero61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Ruby Red Base GT PP
hopefully long after the 5 years im planning on owning the car

it wont happen very often once u get the hang of it. just reach in, touch the inside of the handle, then feel/hear the locks disengage, then pull

I've been having the car for a few months now, and still do it from time to time. Lol

Cascadia_302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RubyRed GT M6 Premium
I've been having the car for a few months now, and still do it from time to time. Lol
Yep, my drivers door handle is doing the same damn thing. It'll seem to work for awhile and then I'll go through the pulling on the handle three, four, or five times before it'll open. You look like you don't know how to enter your vehicle.:frusty:
Also it's one of those issues if you were to take the car into the service dept it wouldn't repeat for them and they just tell you everythings fine.:mad:

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
My wife hates this about the car. More often than not, I am parked in a manner where the passenger's side is facing the place we've just left. So she reaches her door before I reach my door. She always makes a comment as to why I don't just hit the fob so she doesn't have to wait. But to me, one of the beauties of this car is that I never have to fumble around with that fob.
Awww, you should be a gentleman and open her door for her. It makes you seem like a nice guy, you still don't need to take the fob out of your pocket, and she has one less thing to complain about.

Think of it as an opportunity!

-T

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
Anybody else get into that awkward dance of pulling the handle before it unlocks, and end up looking like a jack ass playing with the handle for five minutes?
Sad to hear this is an issue. Our Volvo has the same keyless entry, but the action of pulling the handle is what unlocks the door, so as soon as you pull the door unlocks and opens all at once. Very nice not to be trying to time the locks.

-T

Sponsored

MagneticA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Manual v6 Mustang
Awww, you should be a gentleman and open her door for her. It makes you seem like a nice guy, you still don't need to take the fob out of your pocket, and she has one less thing to complain about.

-T
Always a good idea to get points when you can! But if I do that on a regular basis, it has the opposite effect. She's very independent.

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
I'm glad you made this thread. I had a few scratches repaired on my passenger door and I also noticed that it doesnt unlock with a touch like the driver side. I thought this was normal. Sigh.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

project2501

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
YUP this right here. It seems you have to pause just for a split second, after you touch the inside of the door handle but before you pull the handle to open the door otherwise there isn't enough time for the mechanism to complete the unlock. I usually glance at the turn signals on the hood and watch for them to flash to comfirm the door's just been unlocked.

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
Sometimes I pull on it quickly when I want to test that it IS locked. The red LED at the top of the door sill does not stay on indefinitely.

-T
I have been doing this, and my "normally independent" woman has really appreciated it. Plus I hold out my hand to give her a boost out of the low car. We have fun with this dance.

Keys, locks, lamps, and windows are all fully-featured on this car.

DJ Red Barron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Barron
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat / 1986 Buick GN

justinakajuice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Prem. Auto
Yes the passenger side door and trunk has this feature.

My car is currently in the shop because the intelligent access did not work on my driver side door, but it did work on the passenger side and trunk.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk
Now I feel like a dumb ass. Testing the trunk out as soon as I leave work! lol

Thanks, [MENTION=15903]DarkHorse[/MENTION]!
Sponsored