Sponsored

UHP tire performance or AS?

Wookie107

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
I have a ‘21 GT. I live in Michigan and garage my car during the winter. The rest of the year, if it’s 50 degrees or colder and there’s a chance of rain the car stays in the garage. I’m going to upgrade to a 19x10 square setup this spring and I’m trying to figure out if I should just get an all season tire, or a performance tire. I think I would choose between the continental dsw06 or sport 2. I might make it to a track once, if I’m lucky. Aside from that rare opportunity, it will be spirited road driving. What tire would you pick?
Sponsored

robvas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Same position here, Michigan and my car doesn't go outside in the rain or if it's less than 45 or so. Nice weather weekend car.

Summer ultra high performance tire are my choice.

The real question is if you want drag radials on the rear (if you're supercharged or want to do lots of racing from a light)

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Take the Extreme Contact Sport02 over the DWS if your car won’t see colder weather. They do really good in the rain so that’s not a concern. They’re a fantastic tire, I run the originals on mine and they’re great. I don’t track mine but can tell a difference between mine and the DWS which my dad has on his. Mine grips better (makes it a little harder to light them up if that’s your thing) and they’re more responsive than an all season. Just my take, I’m in the Chicago area so similar weather as you

Jjmoberg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 on order
Goodyear Supercar 3 is what I am going to run on my summer wheel set

GrayMater22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT Premium
I would agree with MAGS1, I just put ECS02’s on 2 months ago. So far my favorite tire yet, not to mention the 30k tread life warranty if running squared. Just keep in mind you can not drive below 45 degrees or it will void the tire warranty.

Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I run the Continental ExtremeSport 02 till summer and then I put on the Nitto 555rii drag radias. I am not racing from light to light, but since you do, I recommend the drag radials. :)
]
Same position here, Michigan and my car doesn't go outside in the rain or if it's less than 45 or so. Nice weather weekend car.

Summer ultra high performance tire are my choice.

The real question is if you want drag radials on the rear (if you're supercharged or want to do lots of racing from a light)

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I use a UHP A/S tire and don't have to worry about cold temps. There is no way I can over drive these on the street. Lots cheaper and last longer.
Sponsored