Two problems, what PITA level?

Todd00000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I broke just the mirror on the passenger side mirror. Any idea how much this will cost and is it a DIY job?

The adjustable steering wheel lock is damaged. If I have any pressure on the steering wheel when I accelerate the wheel will skip over the locking arm. I then have to open the lock, push the wheel back in, and re-lock it. I hope I can get this fixed under warranty.

IMG_6840.JPG
Sponsored

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
Wait, your mirror has a 2nd smaller mirror in it? Mine doesn't. Is that something you put on?
Only the cars without the safe and smart package have that, I guess yours has the side/blindspot alert thing right?

OP I wouldnt think the mirror would be too bad but I have no idea. And I have no idea what you are talking about adjustable steering lock?

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
The “Premium” option gets you the smaller mirror within the main mirror. Had it on my prior 2016 EB Prem w/PP and also on my current 2018 EB Prem w/PP.

The main mirrors also have the defrost option that kicks on when you defrost the rear glass.

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
My base 17 model without safe/smart has the little mirrors. I like them when I'm changing lanes.

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
The glass part # will be different due to having the smaller mirror in that housing.

Here’s the directions for replacing the mirror glass:
8AEA68A0-7D96-44CB-86D7-AF37E9F6CBF7.jpeg

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Only the cars without the safe and smart package have that, I guess yours has the side/blindspot alert thing right?

OP I wouldnt think the mirror would be too bad but I have no idea. And I have no idea what you are talking about adjustable steering lock?
Nope I only have backup sensors. Safe and Smart isn't on BULLITT's

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
The “Premium” option gets you the smaller mirror within the main mirror. Had it on my prior 2016 EB Prem w/PP and also on my current 2018 EB Prem w/PP.

The main mirrors also have the defrost option that kicks on when you defrost the rear glass.
BULLITT is supposed to be a Premium GT lol hmm wonder why we dont get it.

bee bop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 GT Vert, 2016 GT Vert
The spotter mirrors are standard is you do not have Blis. It is not hard at all to remove the mirror just be careful to not break the clips that hold it on and watch out for the heated mirror wires if equipped.

bee bop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 GT Vert, 2016 GT Vert
Bliss is part of the Bullitt Electronics Package.so you will not have the spotter mirrors.

The BULLITT Electronics Package includes:
• BLIS® (Blind Spot Information System) with Cross-Traffic Alert (CTA)
• B&O™ Sound System by Bang & Olufsen (12 Speakers) includes CD Player, HD Radio™ and Subwoofer in trunk
• Memory: Driver Seat (three (3) settings), Mirrors, and Ambient Lighting
• Voice-Activated Touchscreen Navigation System with SiriusXM Traffic and Travel Link® (SiriusXM Traffic and Travel Link® includes a five (5)-year prepaid subscription. SiriusXM Traffic and Travel Link® services is not available in Alaska and Hawaii.)

Sponsored
OP
OP
Todd00000

Todd00000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT

The steering wheels adjust in and out, and up and down and after you get it where you want there is a manual lock you push into place. The lock isn't working so well.

OP
OP
Todd00000

Todd00000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
The glass part # will be different due to having the smaller mirror in that housing.

Here’s the directions for replacing the mirror glass:
8AEA68A0-7D96-44CB-86D7-AF37E9F6CBF7.jpeg
Thank you!

Rippermac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mac
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible PP A10
Little spotter mirror is overrated on the drivers side in my opinion....but like aholes....you know the rest. Now that I know it's so easy to pop the mirror out I might just put in a non spotter heated mirror. OP where did you get the mirror from?

OP
OP
Todd00000

Todd00000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Little spotter mirror is overrated on the drivers side in my opinion....but like aholes....you know the rest. Now that I know it's so easy to pop the mirror out I might just put in a non spotter heated mirror. OP where did you get the mirror from?
The blind spot mirror in my hand is from Auto Zone. I put it on wrong and when I tried to pull it off the mirror broke. I blame 3M for their excellent tape.
Sponsored