Sponsored

The S550 most resemble what two classic Mustangs?

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
Well, in reality, everyone's just being driven by the European pedestrian safety regulations at the front and the US side protection regulations at the doors. Pretty much limits what's left to design on a two-door front engine.

Last edited:

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, in reality, everyone's just being driven by the European pedestrian safety regulations at the front and teh US side protection regulations at the doors. Pretty much limits what's left to design on a two-door front engine.[/QUOTE
I believe that was the reason that Mustang was revised and the GT350 wasn't since it's not exported.
Some sites are calling the 18+ models the euro style mustang because of that change. Anyhow, they were able to re engineer it for the euro market without
hurting anything which is a good thing.They did a good job. I wonder
how far into production or design of the 15-17 they found they'd have to redesign to comply.

Last edited:

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
When you look at the evolution, the s550 100% looks like it could of evolved right after the sn95 years. Forgo the s197 years and it'd be a flawless transition
s550 side.png
sn95 side.jpg
Did you used to post on StangNet years ago? Your 94 looks identical to a guy that used to post a ton of photos of his.

Sponsored

Johnnyracer222

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP 6 speed
1969 Fastback, and the only other car I'd trade for right now....

Det_Riot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
1994 Mustang GT, 2018 Mustang GT
Did you used to post on StangNet years ago? Your 94 looks identical to a guy that used to post a ton of photos of his.
Not stangnet but I was on corral a hell of a lot and the SN forums!

Avispa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS convertible
@NoVaGT and Johnnybee, don't know if you were around when those awful things were new, but those were dark, sad days for cars. Coming on the heels of all the cool stuff that Detroit put out only a few years before, we all thought the fun was over forever. Those horrible mutants need to be forgotten forever. They belong on "the ash heap of history" like so much other junk from that time.

You can tell these are Mustangs, but they sure don't look like any of the gen 1s. That's OK, they don't run like any of em, either, and that's a good thing! Peace, guys, I'm not an old car hater. Had the 66 vette now for 30 years and not giving it up any time soon.

Sponsored

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 convertible
@NoVaGT and Johnnybee, don't know if you were around when those awful things were new, but those were dark, sad days for cars. Coming on the heels of all the cool stuff that Detroit put out only a few years before, we all thought the fun was over forever. Those horrible mutants need to be forgotten forever. They belong on "the ash heap of history" like so much other junk from that time.

You can tell these are Mustangs, but they sure don't look like any of the gen 1s. That's OK, they don't run like any of em, either, and that's a good thing! Peace, guys, I'm not an old car hater. Had the 66 vette now for 30 years and not giving it up any time soon.
I was 12 in 1974 when the Mustang II came out. I'd been interested in cars much longer, thanks to my dad and eldest brother (the latter has a 1963 Studebaker GT Hawk with the R2 supercharged engine, which he bought in late 1970 and several other Studebakers along the way). I think the mid-70s were simply a time of change, which was darkened by the large changes invoked by the government and the industry not wanting to really invest in the R&D to meet those changes. My first car was a 1974 Gran Torino sedan (which the aforementioned brother sold me), so I have first hand experience with the low outputs. It was a 302, and I think it had 120 hp or not much more. It also only had two fuel consumptions, the "nice" weather figure of something just over 12 mpUSg and "winter", which ran from early November to about the end of March, which was about 8 mpUSg. There was nothing in between and it changed around mid-November and back maybe late March. It was a full cloth interior and as a school chum of mine observed, "a very convenient back seat".

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah.. definitely the 69.

oneheadlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
Nah man, they totally copied BMW :crackup:
8-v-mustang-side_.png
Maybe.
But people that drive a Mustang aren't 'assholes' like BMW drivers................
Sponsored