tdstuart

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
That will be a fun M6G thread to follow. You’ll be posting unlimited double negatives about yourself. LOL
Ya K4fxd is trying to convince me to. I’m confident I can do it if I had enough info and resources.

The threads would be interesting though. If I actually did it I would try to convince the admins to make a separate section so we don’t bloat the rest of the sections with it

Pws6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
It seems like everyone is giving you advice on the next steps IE dyno time and compression checks and you are ignoring them, 60-130 on the street is not a real test of anything useful

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Did you have these cams in your old engine or are they new with the new motor? Were there any changes between the new motor and old motor? Compression, cams, intake etc. anything that could make a 1 second difference between the old motor and new motor?

What does it run on the e85 tune? Was your previous 9.2 on e85 and your current 10.2 on 91?

OP
OP
tdstuart

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
It seems like everyone is giving you advice on the next steps IE dyno time and compression checks and you are ignoring them, 60-130 on the street is not a real test of anything useful
Explain to me how a compression test will identify the problem of 2 tunes running vastly different tested 15 min apart.

And while you do that explain to me how 60-130, the literal measurement of how fast your car is running in a roll over multiple gears isn’t a real test.

Sponsored

OP
OP
tdstuart

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
Did you have these cams in your old engine or are they new with the new motor? Were there any changes between the new motor and old motor? Compression, cams, intake etc. anything that could make a 1 second difference between the old motor and new motor?

What does it run on the e85 tune? Was your previous 9.2 on e85 and your current 10.2 on 91?
Same cams same everything. My thoughts are either I did something wrong this rebuild or the engine isn’t happy (which is possible the cam caps got a little damaged and I did a rough home fix)

It ran a best of 9.2 on E85 old motor. The fastest I got it to run was 9.9 on E85 new motor and that was in better d/an and same or better temps. It’s weird because the other day I just ran a 10.0 in way worse d/an and temps. It’s like the car just doesn’t want to go any faster no matter how good of air it gets.

Idk I’ve been racking my brain on the reasons but I’ll make a separate post on it once I have the tuning figured out. I don’t want inconsistent tuning to throw off my diagnosis

Pws6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Explain to me how a compression test will identify the problem of 2 tunes running vastly different tested 15 min apart.

And while you do that explain to me how 60-130, the literal measurement of how fast your car is running in a roll over multiple gears isn’t a real test.
1. You've provided zero information about how they run different through 8 pages of thread, all you have said is the fuel trims are different and the cam phasers read differently. All of which amount to no real information

2. According to you both tunes ran identically with the new motor, which leads back to point 1, do a compression test

How many tuners will you go through before you determine the tune isn't the problem?

OP
OP
tdstuart

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
How many tuners will you go through before you determine the tune isn't the problem?
So in your mind switching between 2 tuners 15 minutes apart and the car running way slower is not a tune issue?

OP
OP
tdstuart

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
1. You've provided zero information about how they run different through 8 pages of thread, all you have said is the fuel trims are different and the cam phasers read differently. All of which amount to no real information

2. According to you both tunes ran identically with the new motor, which leads back to point 1, do a compression test
Are you a troll or can you not read?

1. I’ve detailed multiple times about how my new tuner had the car running way off and way slower. I’ve since switched to another tuner and have slowly been providing updates on that

2. I’ve never said that anywhere in this thread and the thread isn’t about my new or old motor. It’s about how my Lund tune was running good, I switched tuners and he couldn’t get the car running right and was asking on what I should do. Since I have gotten a refund and switched tuners again and am giving updates

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Looking at this, I wonder if the 2 new tuners know exactly what cams and their specs are in the car. Lund obviously knows as he has it dialed in fairly well. If they do k ow the cams and specs, I wonder if this a trial and learn for them perhaps not having tuned them before.

Beyond that and maybe because of that, look at a mechanical issue.

Do you have a dyno from the old motor on the same Lund Tune? As other have said, get it on a dyno and compare the 2. Leave out the new tuners for now and first figure out if there’s an issue with the motor. If the new motor is down 50 whp from the old on the exact same tune there’s your answer. If the motor is in the ballpark, then it’s the tune from the new guys.

Sponsored

Pws6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Are you a troll or can you not read?

1. I’ve detailed multiple times about how my new tuner had the car running way off and way slower. I’ve since switched to another tuner and have slowly been providing updates on that

2. I’ve never said that anywhere in this thread and the thread isn’t about my new or old motor. It’s about how my Lund tune was running good, I switched tuners and he couldn’t get the car running right and was asking on what I should do. Since I have gotten a refund and switched tuners again and am giving updates
So it's running good with the first tune and you are chasing what exactly? Your posts don't make any sense. You turned down the only tuner that has come to help you in this thread and went with the cheaper option, so may as well live with it at this point since you aren't willing to follow any other recommendations.

GregO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GTPP
@tdstuart
Off the cuff question for you and others.
Within the parameters of custom tuning, is there an option to turn off/disable adaptive learning ?
Is it possible some tuners disable adaptive learning and others keep it enabled ?

OP
OP
tdstuart

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
Looking at this, I wonder if the 2 new tuners know exactly what cams and their specs are in the car. Lund obviously knows as he has it dialed in fairly well. If they do k ow the cams and specs, I wonder if this a trial and learn for them perhaps not having tuned them before.

Beyond that and maybe because of that, look at a mechanical issue.

Do you have a dyno from the old motor on the same Lund Tune? As other have said, get it on a dyno and compare the 2. Leave out the new tuners for now and first figure out if there’s an issue with the motor. If the new motor is down 50 whp from the old on the exact same tune there’s your answer. If the motor is in the ballpark, then it’s the tune from the new guys.
The first new tuner that’s started this thread wasn’t just slow the car wasn’t running right. The car was showing 105% injector usage, crazy maf data, and the car thought it was making 900 hp.

Juggernaut just has the car running really slow.

And no I wish I had a dyno of the old motor. But I don't see any reason to dig into why the new motor is making less than the old motor right now. What I want right now is a tuner who can get the car to where lund has it running and is able to help diagnose any issues. I didn't like Lunds customer service and didn't trust there ability or there care to help me diagnose any issues. Lund couldn't even tell me if my imrc was working or if they set it to always be open in the tune.

I just want to reiterate this thread isn't about solving my problem of my new motor running slow, that's for another thread later down the line. The problem I am having is right now my Lund tune can run a low 10. Right now the two tuners I have tried can not get their tunes to run right or run anywhere near as fast.

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
@tdstuart
Off the cuff question for you and others.
Within the parameters of custom tuning, is there an option to turn off/disable adaptive learning ?
Is it possible some tuners disable adaptive learning and others keep it enabled ?
Which adaptive learning? There are numerous.

OP
OP
tdstuart

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
So it's running good with the first tune and you are chasing what exactly? Your posts don't make any sense. You turned down the only tuner that has come to help you in this thread and went with the cheaper option, so may as well live with it at this point since you aren't willing to follow any other recommendations.
So you are a troll, but ill continue to entertain you so others don't get confused.

The car runs good on the Lund tune. I don't like their customer service. I asked them to help me look at the logs to see if they could find anything and they talked down to me and when they sent me the "same tune" recompiled I could see it was a completely different tune. Thats why I am switching tuners.

You turned down the only tuner that has come to help you in this thread and went with the cheaper option
Where did I turn down Wengerd? My car is my daily driver, I don't have forever to wait, and I understand he has no obligation to make a tune fast for me when he has other customers. And the cheaper option? Are you stupid? Wengerd costs like $350 for a tune. Juggernaut costs like $600 and I had to buy a new $400 device. If I just paid Wengerd for a tune it would have been like $350-$500 depending on how he has his pricing setup. Juggernaut was $1000.

aren't willing to follow any other recommendations.
I don't follow peoples recommendations who can't take the time to read and understand whats going on. Since you have posted its clear that your goal is to talk down to me an tell me I'm wrong without fully understanding whats going on. Go read a page or 2 above this and see how others have approached it completely differently than you
Sponsored