Sponsored

TT Install HELP - Passenger Cat Pipe Bolt Removal

Cookiemonster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 M6 GT
I'm at the beginnings of a top mount TT Hellion install on my 19 GT. I'm at the part where I'm trying to remove the passenger side cat directly after the headers...but how in the hell am I supposed to break the nut facing the frame loose?

I know a ton of you have removed this piece - please help me out...I just can't see a way to get a wrench in there to get an angle. I've tried 1/2 driver with a break bar and I just don't have any degrees of motion to even start a turn. When looking at it from above, it's so far down and back that it's worse than from below.

See below picture...you can see I already have the nut facing the ground off, it's the on in the background that's completely fucking me up.
20200404_220935.jpg

Edit - before anyone says to read the instructions - they just say 'remove remaining passenger cat pipe', and the only picture shown is wrenching on the front nut that I have already removed.
Sponsored

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
Have you tried a flex head or crows foot? I might soak it in pb blaster while you’re thinking about it

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
I think you have to get that one from the top with some long extensions, a universal, and a deep socket.

AZ_whippleS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang GT
I want to say it on a CJ Pony Parts long tube header install video bill showed how to get it from the top with a bunch of extensions.

TheHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Performance Pack
Yup. I take the nut off and put it back on a couple times a year. A socket wrench, a bunch of extensions and a swivel socket is what I use and it is pretty easy.

Sponsored

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
I think I lowered the engine and got a wrench in there when I put on my long tubes. Needed to remove the engine mounts to do the job anyway.

OP
OP

Cookiemonster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 M6 GT
I removed the battery, tray, wipers, trim, and whatever that metal lining is around the battery tray...finally got just enough space to hit it from the top with a swivel head and impact wrench.

Thanks for letting me know I should approach from the top - thought there was no way when tackling it yesterday.

Damn - have to remove headers to swap out - looks like I'll need a trans jack to support the engine/trans while I remove the mounts...

Last edited:

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
Glad you got it but you don't need to remove anything to get to it from the top unless the 2019 is different from the 2015.

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
I could get a socket on it from the top on an ‘18 without removing anything.

StickShiftyFifty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang pp
pb blaster and breaker bar. That dont work then heat up the nut. I used rachet wrench and used a pipe to get leaverage.
Sponsored