98sn95 2011 explorer 2001 f150
On3 TT top mount kit for s550 install
Sponsored

cnycomp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang GT
From what Ive read they are on the low end quality wise. But I have also seen some cars put out serious power with them. Sai Li seems to do quite a few cars with them so they can not be that bad.

OP
OP

Msigala

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
From what Ive read they are on the low end quality wise. But I have also seen some cars put out serious power with them. Sai Li seems to do quite a few cars with them so they can not be that bad.
I am looking for some installation help. They don't come with instructions and just want to make sure I have everything right.

suprmario96

Hi3 Motorsports
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 Mustang GT/6S Oxford White
just wanted to chime in, i'm sure your kit is installed by now, but it does include instructions, at least the gen 2 kit I ordered for the S550.

OP
OP

Msigala

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
just wanted to chime in, i'm sure your kit is installed by now, but it does include instructions, at least the gen 2 kit I ordered for the S550.
Yes I did install it and no it doesn't come with instructions. It's pretty easy though after mocking everything up it was pretty easy to install. Fitment is kinda tight but overall makes good power haven't had any issues yet.

Sponsored

suprmario96

Hi3 Motorsports
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 Mustang GT/6S Oxford White
Yes I did install it and no it doesn't come with instructions. It's pretty easy though after mocking everything up it was pretty easy to install. Fitment is kinda tight but overall makes good power haven't had any issues yet.
They must've created them after you bought them, because I do have a copy of them, pretty well written and gives you just enough info to get it done.

OP
OP

Msigala

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Cool. Yeah I believe I was one of the first to get the top mount. There pretty easy and make good power.

BrianGT2015

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP, 2015 Mustang Eco Convertible
Cool. Yeah I believe I was one of the first to get the top mount. There pretty easy and make good power.
can I get a copy of the instruction

3star2nr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP
On3 TT top mount kit for s550 install
Bro don't go cheap on a turbo or supercharger kit... But a quality used kit.

You might think you're saving money now. But overboost and you get to do a rebuild. Now that cheap kit became way more expensive than that brand new Armageddon or hellion kit. Build it right or build it twice

BrianGT2015

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP, 2015 Mustang Eco Convertible

You might think you're saving money now. But overboost and you get to do a rebuild. Now that cheap kit became way more expensive than that brand new Armageddon or hellion kit. Build it right or build it twice
I have heard mixed reviews about on3. I have a buddy he does a lot of work around here for the mustangs. He said they are garbage. I tend to believe what he says he is very knowledgeable. I also know that sometimes when he has an issue with someone or something how he gets as well. I have heard people say those kits are okay and some that say its the next best thing since sliced bread. I tend to stay away from the cheap stuff I might get pulled into to check it out but usually don't buy the stuff.

Sponsored

1Slow5PointOh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gerald
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT premium PP

"Overboosting" can happen with any kit. On3 has been pretty reputable. Many S197's run their kits and have been proven to compete pretty well. Sure you're not going to get a direct bolt on kit. But if you're not willing to get your hands dirty and modify a thing or two I'd question if you need a turbo kit in the first place. But for an extra 4-5k for a direct fit, I'll pass. That's not to discredit Armageddon, hellion, or even LPF as I've heard nothing but great things from them.

3star2nr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP
I have heard mixed reviews about on3. I have a buddy he does a lot of work around here for the mustangs. He said they are garbage. I tend to believe what he says he is very knowledgeable. I also know that sometimes when he has an issue with someone or something how he gets as well. I have heard people say those kits are okay and some that say its the next best thing since sliced bread. I tend to stay away from the cheap stuff I might get pulled into to check it out but usually don't buy the stuff.
Check out down south racing on YouTube he just installed the On3 kit. He had a few installation issues and he had an issue with the wastegate spring opening properly... That will grenade your engine.

Plus kits like armageddon and hellion come with a tune. To me it's just not worth the risk.

Its why i won't run ebay headers on my car.

Modding A car isnt cheap when you try to be cheap you blow stuff up. So go big or go home.

3star2nr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP
I just built a on3 kit the way how I would spec it for my car it came up to 6850.00 thats not all that far off from a hellion or Armageddon kit. And is still more than a USED kit or brand new Paxton setup

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!

Lol
Sponsored