Sponsored

Truck lid misaligned chipped paint

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Stick with it, if you are persistent I am sure it will turn out OK in the end :like:

WD :like:
Sponsored

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2020 Ford F150
... Dealer can't believe Ford let it get thru, Ford can't believe dealer didn't catch it in PDI and the rest of us can't believe the ceramic guy didn't catch it.
Up close it looks something like this
cqqtzje84s6bb8v7rwqpsgvm5jj38g4ouaibsta4&rid=giphy.gif

Drugdealr

LOLKBYE
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sal
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
oh mine too. second time back to the dealer, first time they said that the adjusted it, but it looked worse, and didn't bother painting the chip, now its going back again for the same thing... hopefully second time is the charm.

Drugdealr

LOLKBYE
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sal
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
Is it just me or does the plastic trim doesn’t align with the tail lights anymore? I’m almost 100% it did with my 2015. Currently fighting my dealer on the actual alignment of the trunk because the trim on trunk sticks out couple of centimeters on the left but sits almost flush on the right. Dealer is trying to tell me it’s with in ford spec, which I call bullshit.

7DB74BE9-0AD8-48E3-9F06-4173CE8BC6EB.jpeg

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Called in the dealer today and spotted the same problem on a new unregistered car … :frown:

I haven’t seen that many new ones at the dealer (remember I am in the U.K.), maybe ten or so and this is the second forecourt car with this issue - that’s not a good ratio … :frown:

This car has no spoiler so nothing to stress the trunk lid or hinge, looking at the alignment it definitely sits low on that side :

1620425770508.jpeg

1620425799952.jpeg

1620426951596.jpeg

Shame really, as the rest of the panels on this car looked pretty good and it was in a completely different league to the black one parked nearby …

Can you see the panels actually make contact in that area when the trunk is opened? I've touched up chips like that with the Motorcraft touch-up paint in the little bottle, and can't even tell it's there. Takes multiple coats to build up the paint level, then some buffing to smooth it to match.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Can you see the panels actually make contact in that area when the trunk is opened? I've touched up chips like that with the Motorcraft touch-up paint in the little bottle, and can't even tell it's there. Takes multiple coats to build up the paint level, then some buffing to smooth it to match.
That was a forecourt car so I didn't check it out properly or open and close the truck etc. Same for the other car that I have seen in the showroom in the past (or a private car I have seen on a local car park).

The showroom car and the carpark car both had a scuff with a chip at the end of it, rather than just a chip like the red car I photographed.

I didn't question or point out the issues with the forecourt and showroom cars to Ford (or the carpark car to its owner !) - My dealer has worked well with me fixing other issues on my car so I didn't want to antagonise them / come across as an arse by rubbishing the other Mustangs they were trying to sell that had nothing to do with me ... :wink:

Sponsored