PP2 Owners Chipped Paint

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Every time a claim is paid out, that's them losing money. So, it is in their best interest to find every way possible to deny a claim, which is often what dealers will do.
Please correct me if I am wrong about this, but dealers do not pay claims, Ford does. Dealers actually make a large amount of their income off of warranty claims. Some dealers just do not want to be bothered to make the claims and will tell you it's not covered.
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Very true...I'm still going through the steps, but the dealer I bought it from won't do anything about it, I'll proceed through Ford and see how that goes. One way or another, I'll get it taken care of.
What happened to this?

Yes, I know the dealer will warranty this work that was just done. They are good for that, and have been in the past.

cmxPPL219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Please correct me if I am wrong about this, but dealers do not pay claims, Ford does. Dealers actually make a large amount of their income off of warranty claims. Some dealers just do not want to be bothered to make the claims and will tell you it's not covered.
Yup, you're right - I should have been more specific when I said "them" - "Them," in the case of a new-car extended warranty through an OEM like Ford, would mean Ford pays out the claim. The dealer administers the services. (In the case of a used-car warranty [extended or not], if not purchased at the dealer, the party paying out a claim would be the an aftermarket 3rd-party warranty provider.) These aftermarket providers are even worse than OEM new-car warranties, for denying claims.

In terms of submitting claims for customers - From the dealer perspective, the service department will be reluctant to take warranty work especially if they're busy, because the technicians get paid less on warranty time per job, than regular customer-pay time for that same job. It's one thing many Techs don't like to do, is warranty work, if they can avoid it - also, recall work falls in a different time quote than book time, so when an OEM has a "Service Campaign" a.k.a. recall, Tech's eyes start to roll.

OP
OP
mach1mustangman

mach1mustangman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
1987 LX 5.0, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2
Vehicle Showcase
What happened to this?

Yes, I know the dealer will warranty this work that was just done. They are good for that, and have been in the past.
The original dealer is still not wanting to do anything about it. They say they are too far away to take care of it. They even started to say it might have been a "rock chip". I told them they were grabbing for straws and didn't even use logic when making that statement. Anyway, I'm planning on going tomorrow to see the dealer that did the repair and see if they can also help me process the original damage through Ford and get my $500 back that I spend to have the damage fixed.

OP
OP
mach1mustangman

mach1mustangman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So, here's an update from the dealership yesterday. The one that did the repair is set up to fix it again on Tuesday of next week. They are also going to look at any reports that Ford may have on this happening and see if they can get Ford to reimburse me what I spent on fixing it the first time. That being said, I had to run a few errands while I was out and guess what?? Someone hit the front nose of my car, scraping about 8" of paint off of it (in two places) and didn't even stop or leave a not. I really don't like people sometimes...if you hit someones stuff, just own up to it and leave a not or something stating that it happened. Now I get to have that part fixed as well before I can have the PPF done. :headbang: I swear I think this car is cursed!

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
So, here's an update from the dealership yesterday. The one that did the repair is set up to fix it again on Tuesday of next week. They are also going to look at any reports that Ford may have on this happening and see if they can get Ford to reimburse me what I spent on fixing it the first time. That being said, I had to run a few errands while I was out and guess what?? Someone hit the front nose of my car, scraping about 8" of paint off of it (in two places) and didn't even stop or leave a not. I really don't like people sometimes...if you hit someones stuff, just own up to it and leave a not or something stating that it happened. Now I get to have that part fixed as well before I can have the PPF done. :headbang: I swear I think this car is cursed!
Man, I'm sorry, that absolutely sucks. The cars not cursed, sometimes shit just happens. Get it fixed, forget about it, and enjoy your car.

OP
OP
mach1mustangman

mach1mustangman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Man, I'm sorry, that absolutely sucks. The cars not cursed, sometimes shit just happens. Get it fixed, forget about it, and enjoy your car.
Thanks! That’s my plan at this point. Just tired of throwing money at it and it not making it fast or look better.

OP
OP
mach1mustangman

mach1mustangman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I will say that the dealership paint and body guy said that if anyone is having problems like this, they should be contacting the dealer so that Ford will know for sure how many affected units are out there. Just throwing that out there for anyone that can/will still be able to contact the dealer about this problem. The more cases they have, the more likely they are to address the larger issue. :like:

OP
OP
mach1mustangman

mach1mustangman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Okay, I dropped the car off at the dealership today and they are going to fix both places...the factory spot and where I got hit. They are also going to process the pictures of the factory damage and the return damage to Ford and see what they say. I'll keep everyone posted about the outcome.

RADARB8

***** Troll
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
I had the paint chip in the exact same spot on my magnetic PP2. Noticed it the evening after I brought it home. Honestly, I didn't feel like dealing with them - taking the car back, arguing if it's covered or not, waiting to get it back, worrying about overspray and whatever else they might mess up. I had some touch up paint on hand, so I masked it off and fixed it myself. Going strong since August now and I completely forgot about it until I ran across this thread.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Okay, I dropped the car off at the dealership today and they are going to fix both places...the factory spot and where I got hit. They are also going to process the pictures of the factory damage and the return damage to Ford and see what they say. I'll keep everyone posted about the outcome.
Good luck!!!!!!!

Edit: Are they going to address the cause for the chip so it doesn't happen again?

OP
OP
mach1mustangman

mach1mustangman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Good luck!!!!!!!

Edit: Are they going to address the cause for the chip so it doesn't happen again?
Yes, they are doing more investigative steps this time to see if there is a flaw in the spoiler itself or if there is some sort of missing tape pieces or something else that could cause the damage. I'll let everyone know what they find.

OP
OP
mach1mustangman

mach1mustangman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Once again, I'll update you all on what is going on with the car. The local dealership is fixing the issue at this point, and ran it through Ford for review/reimbursement of the $478 I paid out of my pocket to fix the first time. Ford reviewed the issue and said they are still not going to cover it. :curse: I can only assume that is because these types of things are not being reported back to the dealerships for them to know just how many are affected. The dealership did say they were going to fix the front bumper at no cost since they have had the car for over 2 weeks trying to get resolution, to which I thanked them profusely. I guess the next step is pursue directly with Ford about the problem. I really like the factory PP2 spoiler, since it isn't really noticeable, but I guess I'll have to reevaluate the use of another type/style if this seems to happen again. :headbang:

hemistar1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2, 2017 F-150
Interesting thread ..any updates , OP?

OP
OP
mach1mustangman

mach1mustangman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting thread ..any updates , OP?
Nothing other than I still have not been reimbursed from the original fix that I paid for out of pocket.
Sponsored