Sponsored

Trade roush for GT350?

Bryanh24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Hello! So I've been thinking about this for a while and just wanted to see what you guys have to say on the situation. I currently have a 727 hp Roush phase 2 '15 GT. I recently have had thoughts about selling it and getting a gt350. The only issue is that the 'GT makes a ton more power and I'd be afraid that I'll miss the power if I get a 350. I was thinking about getting a 350 and procharging it but I feel like that is too risky. I do like hauling butt in a straight line but I also enjoy taking corners once in a while. I would say that I am more of a drag/roll racer than a track driver. What would you guys do? Would you trade a SC GT in for a gt350? Just curious on your guys' thoughts and would like some convincing lol! Thanks.
Sponsored

Labradog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Guard Metallic
I would take the 350 in a second, but I also don't care about supercharging unless someone was to hand me the keys to the new 500. Your Roush and the 350 are completely different cars. Find a way to get in the 350 before trading in to see if it is right for you. If straight line speed is your thing, then stick with what you've got.

OP
OP
Bryanh24

Bryanh24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
The Roush might have more HP, but I believe the GT350 is faster. I don't think there's anything to miss except the Supercharger whine.
Unfortunately I can't even hear the whine with the roush. But I definitely think the GT is quicker then the gt350.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Bryanh24

Bryanh24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I would take the 350 in a second, but I also don't care about supercharging unless someone was to hand me the keys to the new 500. Your Roush and the 350 are completely different cars. Find a way to get in the 350 before trading in to see if it is right for you. If straight line speed is your thing, then stick with what you've got.
That's what I was thinking. I need to go to a dealer and drive one.. really the only way to tell what I would enjoy more.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Keep what you got for drag roll racing. GT350 sucks for those activities.

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Magneride
The Roush might have more HP, but I believe the GT350 is faster. I don't think there's anything to miss except the Supercharger whine.
Why would the gt350 be faster? Lol. My Roush tuned bolt on GT with magneride beats gt350’s with ease. There’s not some magic to an untuned 526hp/429tq car that Shelby sprinkles on that can make it remotely close to a Roush charged 720hp car. And when it comes to handling the regular PP2 out handles an 18 and below Shelby with its upgraded sway bars, tires, retuned magneride and ABS. Which is why they upgraded the 350 magneride and brakes and gave it the same tires as the PP2 (sport cup 2’s) for 19. The car is great but it isn’t that great. Nothing a couple grand on a GT invested into suspension as long as you have magneride already can’t make it at least even to and even a little better. In regards to the op’s question. It depends what you prefer. For a GT350 absolutely not in my opinion. You’re taking a step down in power. If the car is a a lot “nicer” than yours. For example a 2019 gt350 with a full interior and a handling pack, etc, and you can get it for sticker, which isn’t hard, then it depends. In the end when it comes to value one is a Shelby vin that will retain a little value and one is a GT that won’t. But you’re going to lose so much on the GT the value the Shelby retains will be meaningless, and you will absolutely miss the power. Is the handling on a 350 better than a GT of course. Is it worth getting rid of your much faster car. Definitely not. Spend a couple grand upgrade the handling when it’s time for tires get sport cup 2’s or even a different similar compound tire and your car is better. End of story.

Last edited:

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Just keep what you got, since your interest is straight-line acceleration.

FYI, the supercharged GT350s have LOWER red-lines than stock.

IceAge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
GG
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500, 2022 GT500, 2020 GT Mustang, Raptor,
I would not do it and I have owned 2 Hellcats until recently. Last summer I picked up a used 17 GT350 and way too slow compared to my Hellcats. The GT350 requires heavy gas pedal all the time to get the motor to come to life. And NOT BASHING THE GT350. Just stating the facts the GT350 is a high RPM motor to get power out of her. I traded her in just 6 months later for a new 19 GTPP1 A10 Magnetic Ride. So much more fun for what I like being an Auto and faster feeling off the line and just really fun car. And if I SC her she will be a blast which many here already know. I would actually trade for a new 19 GT if anything with the Magnetic Ride which is very nice. And or what many are saying just keep yours would be the best idea and you will be happier in the end.

Sponsored

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
I have a Roush supercharger as well. Lund tuned, headers, bigger CAI, with power above the Phase 2. I also have literally every Steeda suspension and chassis upgrade they make. If you like taking the corners once in a while like you said and if it's enough to justify it, do a full suspension upgrade and get the best of both worlds. I have both and wouldn't get rid of mine for a GT350.

OP
OP
Bryanh24

Bryanh24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Thanks for your input everyone! I really appreciate it. So I just can’t across a Hennessey HPE 850 Shelby for sale.. seems pretty enticing to me since Hennessey did a few things for it to make 850 hp reliably. What do you all think about that?

IceAge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
GG
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for your input everyone! I really appreciate it. So I just can’t across a Hennessey HPE 850 Shelby for sale.. seems pretty enticing to me since Hennessey did a few things for it to make 850 hp reliably. What do you all think about that?
If your getting into that type of money I’d pick up a new GT500 which will hold its value way more then the Hennessy. And you didn’t disclose the price but have to imagine it’s 80k plus.

OP
OP
Bryanh24

Bryanh24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
If your getting into that type of money I’d pick up a new GT500 which will hold its value way more then the Hennessy. And you didn’t disclose the price but have to imagine it’s 80k plus.
Found it for 65k with 4K miles

IceAge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
GG
Vehicle(s)
Found it for 65k with 4K miles
Not bad something to consider for sure but make sure you can get true history. As you may know their are good stories and bad associated with JH.
Sponsored