Sponsored

Trade roush for GT350?

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
Lot of misinformation in this thread...but any way...A GT350 is a track (turns) monster. The high rev's are meant just for that. It can do a 1/4, but it needs some help. My car with tune, LT, can turn a 11.5 no issues. As for a blower, the GT350 can handle Whipple builds or any other F/I builds all day long. I know several of these cars running a F/I setup and they are fine. You run into a twin turbo GT350 and you would wish you hadn't.

Now should your drop your stage 2 for a 350 ? Depends on what you are trying to get out of the vehicle. Should you drop it for S/C GT350 ? Again it depends. In the end you need to buy and get what calls to you.
Sponsored

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Ford Performance Blue
Hello! So I've been thinking about this for a while and just wanted to see what you guys have to say on the situation. I currently have a 727 hp Roush phase 2 '15 GT. I recently have had thoughts about selling it and getting a gt350. The only issue is that the 'GT makes a ton more power and I'd be afraid that I'll miss the power if I get a 350. I was thinking about getting a 350 and procharging it but I feel like that is too risky. I do like hauling butt in a straight line but I also enjoy taking corners once in a while. I would say that I am more of a drag/roll racer than a track driver. What would you guys do? Would you trade a SC GT in for a gt350? Just curious on your guys' thoughts and would like some convincing lol! Thanks.
Keep your GT . You will be hugely disappointed in the GT 350 it is absolutely not a fast car . I just got rid of a GT 350 and bought a GT and put a supercharger on it to get the power I wanted . While the GT 350 was a fantastic ride I was just not using it for its cornering capabilities . If you have the money and desire you could put one of the super Chargers on the GT 350 as a back up plan .

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
If your not running your car on a track it’s a total waste of money. What you have now is a better set up. Grass isn’t always greener.

Ass-asin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premier PP1 Magnetic Gray
The new voodoo motor is built to be boosted so you don’t have to worry about hurting the motor. I’d trade it for the 350, or buy the new C8.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Bryanh24

Bryanh24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Op, are we still comparing your SC Roush GT to a stock GT350 or the Hennessy GT350?
Well in the beginning when I created this thread I was talking about getting a stock one. But after seeing a couple of Hennessy ones for sale I'm kind of leaning towards one of those now! I feel like if I get a Hennessy one I won't miss the power of the Phase 2 GT since the gt350 will have even more power. Not sure though...

OP
OP
Bryanh24

Bryanh24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Keep your GT . You will be hugely disappointed in the GT 350 it is absolutely not a fast car . I just got rid of a GT 350 and bought a GT and put a supercharger on it to get the power I wanted . While the GT 350 was a fantastic ride I was just not using it for its cornering capabilities . If you have the money and desire you could put one of the super Chargers on the GT 350 as a back up plan .
Yeah I found a couple of Hennessy ones that have really caught my attention! I feel like I'd enjoy the gt350 more with the HPE 850 package but not sure..

OP
OP
Bryanh24

Bryanh24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Lot of misinformation in this thread...but any way...A GT350 is a track (turns) monster. The high rev's are meant just for that. It can do a 1/4, but it needs some help. My car with tune, LT, can turn a 11.5 no issues. As for a blower, the GT350 can handle Whipple builds or any other F/I builds all day long. I know several of these cars running a F/I setup and they are fine. You run into a twin turbo GT350 and you would wish you hadn't.

Now should your drop your stage 2 for a 350 ? Depends on what you are trying to get out of the vehicle. Should you drop it for S/C GT350 ? Again it depends. In the end you need to buy and get what calls to you.
Yeah I need to meet someone local with a boosted 350 and get a ride lol.. that'll help me decide in a heartbeat!

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
If I had to do over again I would of bought a base GT and mod it. Shelby is nice but it is definitely not a dd. Wide tires up front tramline like crazy and you have to rev it to the moon in order to get moving from light to light. It is a bad ass track car but for the street your car will absolutely destroy a Shelby.

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
The new voodoo motor is built to be boosted so you don’t have to worry about hurting the motor. I’d trade it for the 350, or buy the new C8.
And you are the engineer that designed the motor or just some bs article you read on the net to get people to buy more Shelby's .

Sponsored

Ass-asin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premier PP1 Magnetic Gray
And you are the engineer that designed the motor or just some bs article you read on the net to get people to buy more Shelby's .
It sounds like you’re more interested in being a dick head than having a conversation so I will not be engaging further.

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I am just saying, don't believe all the articles you see and read. Is all about selling more cars.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
That's what I was thinking. I need to go to a dealer and drive one.. really the only way to tell what I would enjoy more.
The ONLY way you are going to enjoy driving the GT350 over a S/C GT is if you track your car or have ocean vistas and closed road courses to enjoy the full note of the voodoo.

They are really different cars.
Sponsored