Trade PP2 for Mach1

Smunczen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt pp2
I have been looking at maybe trading my 20 PP2 for Mach1. The dealer I bought my car has made me an offer of what I paid for my car in Dec of last year. I can by a nice spec Mach1 for sticker. I just don’t think it’s worth owing more on a car. I’d be taking on 12k more on a car loan than I have now. I put allot down on my car and have a small payment and kinda like that. I just don’t think there’s 12k of value in a Mach1.
Sponsored

P8K

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
It sounds like you’ve answered your own question, plus personally there doesn’t seem to be much difference between a PP2 and a Mach1. Also consider how soundly you sleep at night knowing your not deep in debt.

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I feel the same. Other than having the Bullitt intake, I am not sure the cost of the improvements do enough to warrant the high price. If I wanted the 480, just get the Power Pack for our cars and you have a Mach 1. Unless you are tracking the car, the extra coolers and such don't amount to much on the road in comparison, IMHO.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Put the Ford M-9603-M8B performance tune on it and get Mach1 performance for a little more than a grand.
Personally, I wouldn't trade up to a Mach1 for $12K.

OP
OP
Smunczen

Smunczen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt pp2
It sounds like you’ve answered your own question, plus personally there doesn’t seem to be much difference between a PP2 and a Mach1. Also consider how soundly you sleep at night knowing your not deep in debt.
Yeah you right. I really wanted that trans in the Mach1 but I’m sure I’ll be able to swap it out at some point. I have been super happy with the PP2 runs great and no issues at all with it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Smunczen

Smunczen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt pp2
Put the Ford M-9603-M8B performance tune on it and get Mach1 performance for a little more than a grand.
Personally, I wouldn't trade up to a Mach1 for $12K.
Already have. Car runs awesome.

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
All the comments from new owners of the Mach1 rarely mention anything about the greatness of the different manual transmission. There is more about the A10

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
For the $12k it would cost you to go up to the Mach 1, you can get better performance and similar reliability.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
All the comments from new owners of the Mach1 rarely mention anything about the greatness of the different manual transmission. There is more about the A10
Most I've seen complain it's even notchier than the MT-82, lol.

Honestly I'd pass, the Mach 1 isn't 12K more car than a PP2. That's just reality.

OP
OP
Smunczen

Smunczen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt pp2
It is allot more money for sure. They have been sitting on several units. Unless they discount them I just don’t see me trading at this point.

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
The other reality is, a M1 Owner isn't going to do a straight up "trade", less one for a "GT" (PP2 or not). Never going to happen. If they're even contemplating such a move (not) they'll require cash + trade.

If a M1 Owner is to get into something else it would probably be a GT350/GT350R/GT500 if sticking with the Ford Brand... if they're bailing out of the Ford brand, they'll go with a BMW, Audi, Porsche or a new Vette...

--

Just sell off your ride to Carvana or Vroom, seems they are paying out more than Dealers lately anyway.

OP
OP
Smunczen

Smunczen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt pp2
Nope vroom offered less than dealer. 2k less

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
Most I've seen complain it's even notchier than the MT-82, lol.

Honestly I'd pass, the Mach 1 isn't 12K more car than a PP2. That's just reality.
None of this is true.
according to a poll in the Mach 1 sub forum most buyers have gone with the tremec over the a10 and there has not been one post mentioning any regrets, let alone notchiness. There has been a lot of posts praising the a10 but those who have the tremec love it.

GUSTOPP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Well I did sell my PP2(LOVED IT) but getting a couple Grand less then what I got it for about 2 years ago I could not pass up. We leased an Explorer ST which will be my wife's and pocketed the $$$$!! Now I will take my time as I debate what to get. GT350, GT500, MACH 1, Roush Stage 3, pre owned 911 and others.. I miss the PP2 a bunch but these kind of prices for used cars will not last. Hell I might even get a PP2 again. Who knows. I do struggle with the Mach 1. If I did that I would be in the same boat but in 6 months(just tossing a number out there) they might be going for 3-4-5 grand under sticker?? Then it would probably be in the garage. I go in circles with what I want non stop which is free so that's fine. 911's I have ALWAYS loved as well and I know I could get certain ones I love and probably sell it for what I bought it for or more in a year or 2. Looking is fun though and I am enjoying it.

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Shadow Black 10spd Auto
Keep PP2, spend $12g on a Roush stage 2 with 3 year warranty ;)
Sponsored