Sponsored

Tracking a GT500

fpGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Dodge Viper RT10, 09 Mercedes AMG C63, 18 Shelby GT350
Hey, I'm not a young kid but I enjoy watching him. He's walking the walk and demonstrating what the car is capable of. Let him alone so he can continue entertaining us. How many of you have ever been on a track driving any kind of car and passed a GT3RS? He's having fun using the car the way it was built to be used. He's a racer, not a polisher, and I respect him for that.
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
How many of you have ever been on a track driving any kind of car and passed a GT3RS?
Now that you bring it up...……….. me.

Which tells you that doesn't mean anything.

JeremyPro5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 & 2018 GT350R
There are plenty of old grumpy judgemental bastards on here, that's for sure. They justify it with some crap about opinions and the knowledge, like they come out of the wound with all the wisdom in the world...

HEY!!! I resemble that remark! :eek:)

Devil5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
There are plenty of old grumpy judgemental bastards on here, that's for sure. They justify it with some crap about opinions and the knowledge, like they come out of the wound with all the wisdom in the world...
Nothing more true said here :cwl::cwl::cwl:. This whole forum is filled with boomers and Gen X grumpy ass old men who have nothing better to do then talk shit about an 18 year old who can drive better then them on the track.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Nothing more true said here :cwl::cwl::cwl:. This whole forum is filled with boomers and Gen X grumpy ass old men who have nothing better to do then talk shit about an 18 year old who can drive better then them on the track.
Just curious, do you have any videos of yourself on the track? How often do you track your mustang?

Sponsored

gmd2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Now that you bring it up...……….. me.

Which tells you that doesn't mean anything.
I've passed a a 911 cup car on slicks in my 350R does that count? lol
I think what Tomster is trying to say is that the driver is far more important than what car is being driven. When looked at objectively lap times at a given track and not what you pass is more telling on your skill level and ultimately what a car is capable of, once you reach a high skill level.
G

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
This whole forum is filled with boomers and Gen X grumpy ass old men who have nothing better to do then talk shit about an 18 year old who can drive better then them on the track.
Funny, I didn't classify the generations that came before me and use that in a context to somehow imply they were treated better or less deserving. They fought in WWI, WWII, the Korean War, and in Vietnam. I feel the same way about the kids sent to Iraq and Afghanistan. "Grumpiness" isn't unique to a specific generation and is more a result of the distaste accrued with the passage of time and continued societal failures. And just because they may be old, be forewarned as they may be far faster than you or "some 18 year old who can drive." They were once young too and probably haven't forgotten what it was like.

oregongt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 HE, 1967GT Fastback S code,
Between the criticism of the Kid and Stangmode it drives me crazy ,they are like a pack of Hyenas. I thought the kid with his mom in the car was hilarious regardless
of whether it was staged or not. Stangmode obviously loves Mustangs and cars in general give the guy a break. Entitlement breeds unhappiness.................. so does envy.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Lol - so a couple things....

I recently saw a poll of 1000 people across the age spectrum where the only prerequisite to take the poll was to have a college degree. 90% of those polled indicated that they viewed anyone who uses the term boomer or any other descriptor for age in order to prove a point as likely having a less than average IQ. I've seen proof of this being accurate, lol.

The only problem I have with the guy is click bait. I hate it. I hate being told I'm watching one thing and it's another...I categorize it with robocalls, spam email and those envelopes you get in the mail that look like they would contain your W2 but really just want to buy your house. Screw that guy and anyone else in life that says one thing and does something else. Plenty of content out there that doesn't pull this crap.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Lol - so a couple things....

I recently saw a poll of 1000 people across the age spectrum where the only prerequisite to take the poll was to have a college degree. 90% of those polled indicated that they viewed anyone who uses the term boomer or any other descriptor for age in order to prove a point as likely having a less than average IQ. I've seen proof of this being accurate, lol.

The only problem I have with the guy is click bait. I hate it. I hate being told I'm watching one thing and it's another...I categorize it with robocalls, spam email and those envelopes you get in the mail that look like they would contain your W2 but really just want to buy your house. Screw that guy and anyone else in life that says one thing and does something else. Plenty of content out there that doesn't pull this crap.
Where you been hiding out lately? Good to hear from you.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Sometimes just get tired of the circus ;) I just want my car to get scheduled! I'm calling to change the order from silver to white tomorrow!

mJolnir

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang
I think its great that he is taking the car to the track and the strip, testing it out and showing people on youtube, his results are pretty much what any average guy that gets that car would get. Stangmode, the only interesting content he made was when he tried to go 10's on motor, after that hes done nothing interesting IMO.