Sponsored

Track mode enable button as built data for sync upgrade

Marvinmadman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 EBM
I'm looking for the values that'll work for my 16 EB auto with Tesla toggles. I know the AC with toggle with it but it still seems to work good enough for me to try.
Sponsored

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I'm looking for the values that'll work for my 16 EB auto with Tesla toggles. I know the AC with toggle with it but it still seems to work good enough for me to try.
Try this like I stated on the previous page: http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1811496&postcount=97

From what I recall in the Tesla thread, you may have to change a setting on the Tesla unit as well. Maybe Mustang Lo to Mustang Hi or something like that (their engrish corresponding to our Base/Premium.)

Could be wrong about that last detail, don't have a "Tesla" style unit personally - I did a Sync 3 swap instead.

shelbygt53

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Can you please help me, I did this and it worked, It brought me all 4 modes and I can pick them on the steering wheel but it will not let me pick it on the toggles on the bezel, only hazard and traction work. Drive mode and steering toggles won't work?

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Can you please help me, I did this and it worked, It brought me all 4 modes and I can pick them on the steering wheel but it will not let me pick it on the toggles on the bezel, only hazard and traction work. Drive mode and steering toggles won't work?
Did you swap a GT350 Sync 3 bezel into your track pack car, or did you just pick up a bezel from a regular Premium car?

Sponsored

Marvinmadman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 EBM
Hmmm. Is it possible to swap them in? Obviously the suspension won't work, but will the others work? I have the drive modes enabled and working through my Tesla toggles.

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Hmmm. Is it possible to swap them in? Obviously the suspension won't work, but will the others work? I have the drive modes enabled and working through my Tesla toggles.
Possible, sure.

The buttons themselves do not send CAN signals. They send resistance values to a module in the steering column, which generates the CAN signals. Likely, that module won't understand the resistance coming from the 350 pad on a regular car (or will interpret it to mean something else) and you'll need that steering column module. There's some more info on this subject in the thread about swapping in a 2018 digital cluster if you're interested, as I am not well versed in it.

On top of this, the signal from the steering wheel is not the same as the one from the bezel, otherwise you'd think the drive mode toggle would work on 350. Might be the IPC itself, or maybe there's something in the IPC as-built that needs changed.

Sponsored

shelbygt53

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Yea I was worried that might be the case but its super hard to find a GT350 bezel

Patio208

GT350 Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500 #L2287
Yea I was worried that might be the case but its super hard to find a GT350 bezel
Not hard to find, just expensive. AutoNation White Bear Lake (in the sponsors section) can get you one for $425 and a little bit of a wait. Its worth it to get the upgrade done right.

shelbygt53

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Really? Thats awesome. How do I order from them? I don't mind paying that I just couldn't find one. Can you please give me the info or link to buy?

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Really? Thats awesome. How do I order from them? I don't mind paying that I just couldn't find one. Can you please give me the info or link to buy?
You'll be able to unload your regular premium bezel on here as well.

shelbygt53

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Not to sound like a idiot but whats the sponsor section? Can anyone please tell me who to call or email, I really want to get the bezel. thank you!

Not hard to find, just expensive. AutoNation White Bear Lake (in the sponsors section) can get you one for $425 and a little bit of a wait. Its worth it to get the upgrade done right.
Sponsored