Sponsored

Track mode enable button as built data for sync upgrade

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I'd be really interested in finding a way to use a premium bezel with an aftermarket (non Sync3/MFT) head unit, preferably Android based.
Sponsored

[email protected]

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick D
Vehicle(s)
red gt auto
I'd be really interested in finding a way to use a premium bezel with an aftermarket (non Sync3/MFT) head unit, preferably Android based.
thats exactly what i did!

[email protected]

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick D
Vehicle(s)
red gt auto
Do any of the controls on the bezel work? (Volume/Tune/Directional pad)

Steering wheel controls?

Can you see your HVAC temp setting or change which vents air is coming out of?
None of the controls related to the radio work, once they come out with a swc adapter I should be able to get the sw controls working.

You can use the climate controls that are there, but there are some that would be on the touch screen that you can't, like the floor vents. You can set and adjust the auto but you can't see what it's set at.

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
None of the controls related to the radio work, once they come out with a swc adapter I should be able to get the sw controls working.

You can use the climate controls that are there, but there are some that would be on the touch screen that you can't, like the floor vents. You can set and adjust the auto but you can't see what it's set at.
All deal-breakers for me personally. Thanks!

Sponsored

thet33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT/6MT/3.55
I did the swap to a Premium Bezel and Sync 3 thanks to OEMRadio and he got my drive modes working on my Base GT! I'm probably even more excited about that than the Carplay :clap2:

[email protected]

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick D
Vehicle(s)
red gt auto
All deal-breakers for me personally. Thanks!
yeah i eventually plan to go with either the metra or scosche dash kits, using the option for the premium model, but, what i gained far outweighs the trade off for me so im in no rush.

danny0441

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt DIB
is there anyway to do this on a base car without getting a premium dash with toggles?

[email protected]

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick D
Vehicle(s)
red gt auto
is there anyway to do this on a base car without getting a premium dash with toggles?
I would think you're gonna need that bezel. Maybe, maybe you could get the bezel and use the scosche kit with the buttons from the premium bezel if your after an aftermarket system with full climate controls.

danny0441

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt DIB
I did the swap to a Premium Bezel and Sync 3 thanks to OEMRadio and he got my drive modes working on my Base GT! I'm probably even more excited about that than the Carplay :clap2:

how and how much ? lol

Sponsored

danny0441

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt DIB
[MENTION=16920]danny0441[/MENTION] Seriously?! Read the threads here. Sync 3 components, FORScan and a J2354 device.

sorry question wasn't very clear what i was asking is from who he bought everything as a whole instead of having to source parts from 3 different places and what he had to pay

thet33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT/6MT/3.55
how and how much ? lol

My experience was a little different. I lucked out and finally saw an ad on CL for a 2016 Mustang that was being parted out. Pulled the whole Sync 3 unit for a pretty decent price. Then OEM helped me with the Carplay, modes, harness etc...

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Parts Farm: I paid $299 for the Sync 3/APIM, $150 for ACM, $165 for bezel (but it has heated seat buttons. I'm using VCM-II to program with FORScan but a lot of people are using the Bluetooth OBD link.
I honestly have yet to see an install that benefits from an aftermarket unit once everything has been programmed. Aftermarket head units aren't built the way they were years ago. Some may call BS on that but if you're set up properly the an Alpine or Kenwood HU isn't miles ahead of the Clarion ACM from Clarion. (Although I am trying to have it measured for frequency response as a member on DIYMA had an issue with an OEM programmed unit) the pre-amp voltages quoted by several people are almost twice what Alpine actually outputs. The signal also did not clip.
The other thing most people are over looking is the DSP sections of the aftermarket HUs. They are severely lacking like it or not. You will therefore need to use a DSP anyway (Helix DSP.2 now has direct digital input for iOS, Droid).
Aftermarket speakers and amplifiers are stil needed of course.

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
$150 for ACM.
You can flash the base ACM with the as-built from a premium ACM right? Isn't it the same part number?

ETA: See this post and then the post with the screen shot a couple posts later. Sounds like you just need to make sure you retain the high-level output from the base system so it doesn't think it's feeding an amp (unless you are going with aftermarket amps in which case you need to make other changes as well.)
Sponsored

Last edited: