2019 and 2020 4" to 8" Screen Upgrade + Drive Mode Toggle Switch Enable Writeup

DDLMfamspam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DD
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Basic
i had the same issue before. keep your old radio. (the blocky looking thing) it will return to normal. people that do swaps all they need is screen and bezel. the radio stays. if you switch out the actual radio it will go into like a safe mode and lower all volumes of the car and get the "old school" chimes. i learned just swapping back to my stock one
So you ended up switching back to the stock basic APIM. Does that mean you don't have navigation etc.? Are you able to have apple play with the original APIM basic? Tia for the info
Sponsored

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
Your car looks great. Those are the kind of deals I need to get. There was a Mustang junkyard that closed down I believe in 2021 in Dallas. Now I am regretting getting my son the basic instead of the premium, due to all of the things it doesn't come with. We upgraded the seats and doors to red Katzkin leather which just added on $2300. I was thinking I got a good deal on the car since it only had 11,000 miles but turns out its more of a headache at this point.
I bought my car in 2020 when Covid just started to rage and Ford wasn't building any Mustangs, nothing but ventilators. I couldn't get a Premium Package Mustang with the PP1 and a MT. The only thing they had was a base 300a Rapid Red with the PP1 manual.

The good news is is you only need the bezel and the. APIM as the APIM is connected already to the screen. There's no harnesses or anything only thing you have to do is plug and play and then use forscan.

By the way I only paid $1,400 for my Katskins, installed, $2300 Yikes!

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2020 Ford F150
Thanks for the info. The one I'm looking at comes with the Bezel, so you are saying that bezel will not work? I know the heated seat's function won't work but will the rest of it work? Otherwise, that means I'll have to buy the bezel and the components separately, I guess. I saw somewhere where someone said that the Shelby system won't work in basic eco. This is my 16 yr old son's car and he was wanting a tesla screen, but I don't really want to go that route.
@DDLMfamspam If you’re still looking for an upgrade kit I have one up for sale here on the forum. Comes with everything you need
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/sync-3-8-upgrade-kit-with-nav-and-satellite-radio.191469/

Latinsen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang gt Base A10
So you ended up switching back to the stock basic APIM. Does that mean you don't have navigation etc.? Are you able to have apple play with the original APIM basic? Tia for the info
If you're referring to the Apim (the blocky thing) yea I left my stock one but used the 8inch screen and the radio bezel and my car literally booted up navigation, android auto and Apple car play. All plug and play no programming needed. The USB in the center console was not touched. It's weird these cars come with it but if you got base you wouldn't think it would. Like I said I got a 2020 base and I got mine out of a wrecked convertible ecoboost actually and it was open top. The interior was rained on and I was surprised the radio worked on my car. I did have to update the radio using the vin number from the wrecked car to update the look of the screen but it does work. Only thing that didn't work was drive modes but after some research and using forscan, my car now has drive modes

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
Hello again. Can anyone tell me how to get my Hardware ID on FORScan? I am trying to sign up for the Free 2-month trial but cannot for the life of me find the Hardware ID? Tia

You need to go to the "About" section. Its been awhile since I used it.

1700616398389.png

Sponsored

DDLMfamspam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DD
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Basic
Thank you so much brother, you have no idea how much this post helped me in the process!

I just changed my old 4" screen for a 8" with CD and I had no problems at all! Like you, it was plug and play for me (I own a 2019 s550) just changed three lines of code to enable drive mode selector & fix the hazard lights. Really happy with the outcome!!
Just curious if you already had a CD player before? Just bought the 8 screen, APIM, Bezel and ACM with a CD player. Because of the new set up having a CD player I have to swap the ACM. Did you have any problems? Tia

jordandzi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jordan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Gt
i just upgraded my system 3 days ago but after i was done with forscan and started the car my car said 999 miles to empty. Since then the mileage has gone down some by now but it still seems off compared to the amount of gas that i actually have in the car. According to the gas gauge have anyone else had this problem?
Yes I forscanned today and have the same issue. I found another issue that the skip button on the steering wheel only controls the radio and not carplay and when using carplay the audio sounds off. Have you found any solutions?
Sponsored