Sponsored

Sync2 to Sync3 upgrade need APIM as-built data from any Mustang with Sync3 using Forscan.

linkysys

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Update: managed to resolve this issue. Upgrading from Sync2>Sync3 means you will need car model specific asbuilts for the GPS to track correclty as it uses this data to track position in between satellites. If your arrow is relatively accurate when parked but then wanders off when driving, this is your issue. I searched for a Mustang for sale online with similar equipment in a Sync3 model year 2016/2017. Ran the vin through the Motorcraft website and downloaded APIM asbuilts. Then I had to use the F150 Livinitup asbuilts sync3 section to identify the GPS specific car data. The APIM uses the GPS specific car data to interpolate map position in between satellites. If this data is not accurate, position will wander even if the GPS antenna is good (not showing navigation errors on boot). Updated the values below and it seems to be tracking correctly now. There is also a hidden menu in the Sync3 display that allowed me to confirm the number of satellites and signal strength (with radio on, hold down eject and forward buttons, cancel speaker test, access GPS signal diagnostics). For anyone attempting this, don't buy the Bingfu or Eightwood GPS antennas from Amazon as they will give navigation errors. The Xtenzi Fakra-c gps worked without errors. YMMV. If you can get a Sync3 APIM and screen from your same model car, it will save a lot of hassle with programming.

I updated from Sync2 to Sync3. My GPS is not tracking well to the car (GPS arrow doesn't follow road on map). I'm assuming the car specific data from the Escape donor car is no bueno for a Mustang S550+ 19" tires. Can someone with Forscan download their APIM configuration or share a screenshot? I *think* the issue is with the following values that were not present on my Sync2. I did switch to internal gyro from gps over bus. If anyone encountered this problem and has a fix let me know. I'm also thinking I may have a dodgy GPS dongle and have another on order.

Per the F150 Livinitup Forscan spreadsheet, I did calculate tire circumference value in cm converted to hex for 27" diameter 255/40/19. (27 x pi x 2.54 = 215cm). Using the decimal to hex converter the value is D7. Not sure if that's the correct way to follow the chart? I did not add 100. Just converted the circumference cm's to two digit hex code. Previous data was D0 which is 208cm, which seems to validate the result. updated that one value from the chart below and it seems to have made a difference. No clue about the rest. Maybe it just takes a while for the unit to grab accurate satellite data.

Vehicle Specific Information (Block contains multiplier/offset values) (Formula: HEX=DECxMultiplier+Offset=Value)
7D0-07-01**xxxxxxxx--Vehicle Weight (Kg)HEX=DECx100+0=Value (Kg)/0.45359237=Value (Lbs)
7D0-07-01xx**xxxxxx--ECO Route CurveHEX=DECx1+1=Value (unitless)
7D0-07-01xxxx**xxxx--Powertrain Efficiency (%)HEX=DECx0.39215+0=Value (%)
7D0-07-01xxxxxx**xx--Regenerative Braking Efficiency Highway (%)HEX=DECx0.39215+0=Value (%)
7D0-07-01xxxxxxxx**--Regenerative Braking Efficiency City (%)HEX=DECx0.39215+0=Value (%)
7D0-07-02****xxxxxx--Install Angle of APIM for Accelerometer X (Deg)HEX=DECx0.006+0=Value (degrees)
7D0-07-02xxxx****xx--Install Angle of APIM for Accelerometer Y (Deg)HEX=DECx0.006+0=Value (degrees)
7D0-07-02xxxxxxxx**--Install Angle of APIM for Accelerometer Z (Deg)HEX=DECx0.006+0=Value (degrees)
7D0-07-03**xxxxxxxx--Install Angle of APIM for Accelerometer Z (Deg) cont.
7D0-07-03xx**xxxxxx--Wheel Ticks to Revolution FrontHEX=DECx1+40=Value (unitless)
7D0-07-03xxxx**xxxx--Wheel Ticks to Revolution RearHEX=DECx1+40=Value (unitless)
7D0-07-03xxxxxx**xx--Tire Circumference (cm)HEX=DECx1+100=Value (cm) x0.393701=Value (in)
7D0-07-03xxxxxxxx**--Distance from IP to Rear Axle (cm)HEX=DECx1+100=Value (cm) x0.393701=Value (in)
7D0-07-04**xxDistance from IP to Rear Axle (cm) cont.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Ferrcad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible
Matt,

Hopefully what I sent via PM helps with the APIM info.

Thanks
Brian

OP
OP

linkysys

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Thanks