Track Attack

Vertex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 FJG HP
I regret not taking some time to go to mine. I missed out now as I've owned my car for over a year. I had a lot of personal and family medical emergencies go on this year so that kind of took the time away I had for vacation this year and a life changing event that put me in a tough spot for a few months.

All is good now though and I appreciate how things have turned out so far. Still wish I'd have taken time to go right away instead of waiting though.
Sponsored

gone_n_60

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Whit
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP Convertible
Wow! After reading the whole thread, Im looking forward to this! Learning a lot about track techniques playing Grand Turismo on PS4 with the steering wheel/stick shift setup. I know its nowhere near real life but it should help me get a head start. Thanks for the feed.
If you're okay getting on a plane when the pilot says "Hey folks I have 1500 hrs of Flight Simulator so just relax and we'll be on our way as soon I figure out of pressing Fwd Stick-X starts take off." then yeah good 2 go.

First Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Mach1
If you're okay getting on a plane when the pilot says "Hey folks I have 1500 hrs of Flight Simulator so just relax and we'll be on our way as soon I figure out of pressing Fwd Stick-X starts take off." then yeah good 2 go.
Definitely will get insurance for Track Attack.. Grand Turismo actually has good tutorials related to driving. Its more a sim than simple x and o’s. I actually s*uck at it right now but I plan on getting proficient at the highest realism setting before track attack. Pilots actually use sims to enhance their training btw.

Rob_R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach 1, SPF Cobra, 23 Jeep JTR, 88 YJ, 05 Ram
Wow! After reading the whole thread, Im looking forward to this! Learning a lot about track techniques playing Grand Turismo on PS4 with the steering wheel/stick shift setup. I know its nowhere near real life but it should help me get a head start. Thanks for the feed.
I don't want to turn this into a "which driving sim is better" argument. I just want to point out an alternative to Gran Turismo. If you have the time and PC resources, iRacing would be beneficial. I am not saying that the sim can teach you to drive, but it will "aid" in learning proper lines and braking. As a bonus iRacing does have a laser scanned Charlotte Roval track.

gone_n_60

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Whit
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP Convertible
Definitely will get insurance for Track Attack.. Grand Turismo actually has good tutorials related to driving. Its more a sim than simple x and o’s. I actually s*uck at it right now but I plan on getting proficient at the highest realism setting before track attack. Pilots actually use sims to enhance their training btw.
I have a friend who's a pilot and I've worked for Airlines. Those sims move like the plane is dropping thousands of feet, or rolling while your strapped in your chair. Just saying after finishing a season of tracking, no game is going to simulate being mashed up against your drivers door at 78 mph going for the apex of a curve or your stomach dropping out when your headed past 125 mph on a straightaway for the first or tenth time. It's physics that's a mofo.
But it is TOTALLY fun as Hell too!!!

Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
We all had a blast today and learned so much even in the rain. It was truly an incredible experience and these cars are so fun and balanced on the track. You can push them so hard more than you think. If you have a track attack invite and you're still on the fence, you have to do it. Very professional program and you will have so much fun.

PXL_20221111_135053912.jpg

TEAsGrabber

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang Mach1
I regret not taking some time to go to mine. I missed out now as I've owned my car for over a year. I had a lot of personal and family medical emergencies go on this year so that kind of took the time away I had for vacation this year and a life changing event that put me in a tough spot for a few months.

All is good now though and I appreciate how things have turned out so far. Still wish I'd have taken time to go right away instead of waiting though.
I would call them and ask if they can spare a slot! I talked with them today and they were really informative and seemed to really like what they were doing! I've run into a few of them while I was @ Penske Racing..... They're gearheads just like us!

S550VIN54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
We all had a blast today and learned so much even in the rain. It was truly an incredible experience and these cars are so fun and balanced on the track. You can push them so hard more than you think. If you have a track attack invite and you're still on the fence, you have to do it. Very professional program and you will have so much fun.

PXL_20221111_135053912.jpg
It was very nice meeting you guys today!🍻 We had a hell of good time as the weather really didn't slow us down too much and definitely helped us gain some extra experience too.😀

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Well, here's footage from my Track Attack day. The rain made it quite interesting for sure.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Has Ford let go any of the TA M1's yet, or did they only purge off the GT350's? Anyone know?

Sponsored

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK
I asked that question during my visit and was told after the last model year.
If I’m able I will get one of the track cars.

kellyreno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dal
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
I had the pleasure of driving #17 as well last August. It made me really appreciate that blue! I believe the car had about 125 miles on it at the time. :rockon:
20210819_085931.jpg
Ford Mach 1 supplement states on p35 "avoid driving at high speeds,heavy braking and aggressive shifting for the first 1000 miles".

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
When is the best time of the year to go? any ideas?

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK