Track Attack

W0rkH0rse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1, 2017 Explorer Platinum
We thought we did until the instructors gave us a hot lap. The Mach 1 is a beast, pure and simple.
@Coastal-Mach is right. It’s really more the students pushing themselves to trust the car to do what it is supposed to do. They teach great driving techniques and coach you throughout. I did the one day class and the roval was lead/follow. The instructors go as fast as the group can go/wants to go. The hot lap with the instructor shows you what the car can really do and the skill needed to do it. It was my first time driving on a track and loved it. By my last session I felt like I was pushing myself and hitting the apexes. Hitting an apex is a great feeling that I never felt before. I would like to go back for a two day course.
Sponsored

gone_n_60

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Whit
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP Convertible
I finished the 2 day class this afternoon. What an amazing time, the whole experience was great. The instructors know the track and the cars.

We had a gentlemen in our group who was 85,on his 12th class, he was unstoppable and the fastest on the track. If you can do the second day, it is money well spent.
Wow 85 years old huh? Wait til I tell my gal I have many more years of track driving to go!! She'll be thrilled...! ;-O

First Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Mach1
Wow! After reading the whole thread, Im looking forward to this! Learning a lot about track techniques playing Grand Turismo on PS4 with the steering wheel/stick shift setup. I know its nowhere near real life but it should help me get a head start. Thanks for the feed.

kellyreno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dal
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Man, I want to do this so bad. Ive done a lot of spirited driving living in the mountains, but absolutely ZERO track time, which is kinda intimidating.

Wonder if I could get my wife registered too since I did technically buy two Mach 1s, eventhough I traded one for the other. 🤣😂
She can go as a driving guest $1800. Take her! Mine said "No Thanks"!

Sponsored

kellyreno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dal
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Thanks. The harness and HANS set-up really worked well. I didn't even get a bruise from it. And I learned how important it is to be on neutral throttle when crossing those painted lines. (My video from day one revealed a quick "chirp" from the rear tires as I crossed over the stripes where I lost it on day two.)
Our guy said a chirp is OK, just dont light them up. I spun them a couple of times. Heard them on the radio the first time "straight wheel, easy throttle. Did you have the upgrade tires?

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis# M1869, Iconic Silver
Our guy said a chirp is OK, just dont light them up. I spun them a couple of times. Heard them on the radio the first time "straight wheel, easy throttle. Did you have the upgrade tires?
Yes, upgraded tires. In discussions with the instructors earlier in the day, they said the Cup 2s are less forgiving and the threshold from first tire noise to breaking loose is less than the PS4s. I wasn't intending to prove them right! 😝

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I'm flying out tomorrow for my track day on Friday but that tropical storm is going to make it very rainy based on the forecast. I'm not thrilled about that but I won't let it ruin the trip.

Sponsored

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK
I'm flying out tomorrow for my track day on Friday but that tropical storm is going to make it very rainy based on the forecast. I'm not thrilled about that but I won't let it ruin the trip.
Maybe the weather will break before the track sessions.

S550VIN54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
I am in the same boat as you. We may need boats actually...lol. I spoke to George Kail yesterday and I asked if it was too bad would they cancel it and he said yes but they've only had one cancellation since the program started. It sounded like there was possibility that they could do it Saturday if needed. It will definitely give driving in the rain a different perspective.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I am in the same boat as you. We may need boats actually...lol. I spoke to George Kail yesterday and I asked if it was too bad would they cancel it and he said yes but they've only had one cancellation since the program started. It sounded like there was possibility that they could do it Saturday if needed. It will definitely give driving in the rain a different perspective.
Well, I have a flight that leaves on Saturday at 3 pm to return home so that won't work for me.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I think they will do everything they can to make this happen as long as it is safe. Look forward to meeting you! Have a safe flight!!!
Thank you.
Sponsored