B4RK3R

CRWDCTRL
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GT Premium
Your issue with your knees is the exact reason why I requested an A10 Mach 1 for the Track Attack and did not go for a 2 day session. Manual transmissions are so much fun, but when they also cause so much pain, mainly due to poor choices when much younger and invicible, manuals are not a realistic choice.
I was under the impression that no automatics we're available on the track attack. If they are, this will make the wife happy.
Sponsored

2BigPups

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150
I was under the impression that no automatics we're available on the track attack. If they are, this will make the wife happy.
You have to request an automatic when you call to reserve a spot or by default you get a manual.

B4RK3R

CRWDCTRL
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GT Premium

Sponsored

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
Track Attack/. well worth the trip. Staff is great and they are real racers. The ride along is amazing as we thought we were pushing the cars and then wow they drive. It s a well planned day. My big takeaway is how well the Mach 1 is made for track purposes. Brakes and grip )PS4) are above expectations . We ran the cars hard all day ( I had the AC on too) and not a complaint from the engine or anything else. For a big car this thing really get s around. Mine had 1800 miles on it.

Eatonian49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP, Focus SE
Track Attack/. well worth the trip. Staff is great and they are real racers. The ride along is amazing as we thought we were pushing the cars and then wow they drive. It s a well planned day. My big takeaway is how well the Mach 1 is made for track purposes. Brakes and grip )PS4) are above expectations . We ran the cars hard all day ( I had the AC on too) and not a complaint from the engine or anything else. For a big car this thing really get s around. Mine had 1800 miles on it.
My brother in law and I are going this Thursday and Friday. Can't wait to really get to know the car!

W0rkH0rse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1, 2017 Explorer Platinum
This is an awesome update. Sounds like a great time. I have a month to go before my Track Attack. Going Oct 13-14.

stageron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronnie
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2559, Lexus NX300
I'm signed up for September 1-2! Do they give you the pictures that they take with you on the track or are those personal?
I did the Track Attack last August 2021. When you leave they give you a nice little care package. Mostly stuff like pens and stickers and even a T shirt but the best thing in the bag was a USB drive with all the pictures the professional photographer took that day. I got pictures of every one in the class, driving, standing by your car, talking with other drivers. I really thought I was going to have to pay extra if I wanted any of those pics. The whole day was really a class act.

Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
This is an awesome update. Sounds like a great time. I have a month to go before my Track Attack. Going Oct 13-14.
I'm booking those dates as well.

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
So I was dead set on going to this thing, but as the time frame I was considering approaches (late Oct/early Nov), laziness and cost is starting to deter me, and I'm slowly talking myself out of it. Anyone want to try to talk me back in?

Between plane tickets, hotel stays, rental car, food, I'm probably looking at a minimum of ~$750 (likely more like ~$1K) for myself and my wife. Plus the $180 for the "non-driving guest experience". Not to mention the time off work since the events are only on weekdays.

We have two great local tracks here in the Dallas area that I can (and do) drive for one-day (Saturday) events at HPDEs for less cost, with greater freedom. And that cost includes the cost of the wear, tear, and gas from using my own vehicle.

Is the Ford Performance school really worth it considering? Is the experience unique enough from your typical HPDE? Aside from the fact that the whole experience is probably a bit better organized and there may be some unique instruction, it sounds like the event is actually more limited than my typical local HPDE.

Last edited:

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK
So I was dead set on going to this thing, but as the time frame I was considering approaches (late Oct/early Nov), laziness and cost is starting to deter me, and I'm slowly talking myself out of it. Anyone want to try to talk me back in?

Between plane tickets, hotel stays, rental car, food, I'm probably looking at a minimum of ~$750 (likely more like ~$1K) for myself and my wife. Plus the $180 for the "non-driving guest experience". Not to mention the time off work since the events are only on weekdays.

We have two great local tracks here in the Dallas area that I can (and do) drive for one-day (Saturday) events at HPDEs for less cost, with greater freedom. And that cost includes the cost of the wear, tear, and gas from using my own vehicle.

Is the Ford Performance school really worth it considering? Is the experience unique enough from your typical HPDE? Aside from the fact that the whole experience is probably a bit better organized and there may be some unique instruction, it sounds like the event is actually more limited than my typical local HPDE.
From what I hear the Track Attack is an awesome experience, that being said you are the only one that can make the decision not to go.
With this event you will learn from the people who know these cars the best, and how to push them and get everything out of them. The other thing is , you are not using your car for this event. You get to learn this stuff with someone else’s ride.
My invite came yesterday and I’m really looking forward to going, granted it’s a 3.5 hour drive for me, so no airline tickets.
My opinion, I think you will regret this down the line if you do not go. Either way, be happy with your decision, and enjoy your Mach.

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558

I think if you had to pay at this event it s about $1600 (plus all your expenses). I drove in so it s a bit cheaper. You would be on a unique track and you run the 2 large banks. If you are very experienced you may get bored but the average sports car owner will have a blast and learn a few things. It s a long day for your wife for sure. She should bring something to read. The ride along will shock you how capable these cars are in the right hands. It s a memory with lots of pictures they take and post up for all too see. Maybe take an extra day and do something else while you are there to make it more fun for your wife too. IMO it was just another car experience I can add to my resume.
Sponsored