Track Attack

Mach1soldier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2020 f150 EB
My wife and I are looking at same days in October. 13/14. We are going to both track.

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK
I can't make it. If you wanna take my place. I go into surgery next week and will be out of commission forc6 to 12 months
Good luck with your surgery, I wish you the best of luck.

docday64

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG, M1333 Mach 1, 2013 Taurus SHO PP
Answer to some recent questions. I chose the 2 days session in early November 2021, temperatures were tolerable, drink lots of water. On the first day, no one had any issues driving the M1's. On the second day during the last session of the day one of the students got into some trouble and faceplanted one of the GT's into the wall. He had insurance but still had to cough up 5K deductible.

Bottom line, do the 2 day class if it is anywhere close to your financial ability.
If you plan on pushing your and the car limits, get the insurance.
One of the best couple of days driving I have every done, they have a class act going on.

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis# M1869, Iconic Silver
Answer to some recent questions. I chose the 2 days session in early November 2021, temperatures were tolerable, drink lots of water. On the first day, no one had any issues driving the M1's. On the second day during the last session of the day one of the students got into some trouble and faceplanted one of the GT's into the wall. He had insurance but still had to cough up 5K deductible.

Bottom line, do the 2 day class if it is anywhere close to your financial ability.
If you plan on pushing your and the car limits, get the insurance.
One of the best couple of days driving I have every done, they have a class act going on.
That was me who put the car into the wall on the last track session. As I txt'd my wife while still in the car waiting for them to come to me, "I tested the restraint systems and they worked GREAT." And yes, the insurance is worth every cent.
FYI, ihat was my fourth day at FPRS (second two-day session) and eighth track day overall, so I found the edge. As the instructors told me, if you do this enough and are genuinely working to improve, sooner or later you will crash. I have no complaints and am considering to go back for the Advanced day.

Sponsored

docday64

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
That was me who put the car into the wall on the last track session. As I txt'd my wife while still in the car waiting for them to come to me, "I tested the restraint systems and they worked GREAT." And yes, the insurance is worth every cent.
FYI, ihat was my fourth day at FPRS (second two-day session) and eighth track day overall, so I found the edge. As the instructors told me, if you do this enough and are genuinely working to improve, sooner or later you will crash. I have no complaints and am considering to go back for the Advanced day.
Doug, glad you were OK, cars can be replaced. Since going to the 2 day class I have been getting emails with offerings on addition classes and thinking hard about going. Concord is a pretty nice area we really enjoyed our stay there, even stayed some extra days doing some sightseeing. Hotel will honor the rate for an extended stay as well.

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis# M1869, Iconic Silver
Doug, glad you were OK, cars can be replaced. Since going to the 2 day class I have been getting emails with offerings on addition classes and thinking hard about going. Concord is a pretty nice area we really enjoyed our stay there, even stayed some extra days doing some sightseeing. Hotel will honor the rate for an extended stay as well.
Thanks. The harness and HANS set-up really worked well. I didn't even get a bruise from it. And I learned how important it is to be on neutral throttle when crossing those painted lines. (My video from day one revealed a quick "chirp" from the rear tires as I crossed over the stripes where I lost it on day two.)

gone_n_60

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Whit
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP Convertible
I can't make it. If you wanna take my place. I go into surgery next week and will be out of commission forc6 to 12 months
That's a pretty nice gesture, I'm thinking tho you really have to prove you own a Mach 1 to be allowed on the Track Attack roster. Super bummer about having a surgery that will take a long recovery, hoping the best outcome for you. I had my Achilles tendon completely tear away from my heel last January and I'm still not completely healed yet, sucks. Best wishes for you, I remember just being able to look at the Stang for months, no driving. ;(

2022 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cameron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1...2014 Mustag GT whipple supercharger
That's a pretty nice gesture, I'm thinking tho you really have to prove you own a Mach 1 to be allowed on the Track Attack roster. Super bummer about having a surgery that will take a long recovery, hoping the best outcome for you. I had my Achilles tendon completely tear away from my heel last January and I'm still not completely healed yet, sucks. Best wishes for you, I remember just being able to look at the Stang for months, no driving. ;(
Hope the heel heals well soon

Last edited:

docday64

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Hope the heal feels good well.
One thing to keep in mind; I am quickly approaching 60 and my knees are not what they used to be. For my situation, I opted for the A10 transmission in my personal M1. They do have A10 equipped M1's available at the Ford Performance Racing School. But in my case choosing the 2 day class session, they only get the M6 equipped M1's out of the coral since the GT's you drive on the second day are all manual transmission. Learned a lot about heel to toe shifting and took a little practice to get my clutch proficiency back. But after 2 days of schooling and all that race track shifting, my knees were on fire. Just some FYI for those considering the 2 day session.

Sponsored

2fast2focus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andres
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Mach 1
My wife and I are looking at same days in October. 13/14. We are going to both track.
Looking to do the October 13-14. Anyone else going to that session?
I was looking at those dates as well. My order should be arriving next week and wanted to do that asap.

I did the RS Academy in Toole UT and it was a blast.

2BigPups

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150
One thing to keep in mind; I am quickly approaching 60 and my knees are not what they used to be. For my situation, I opted for the A10 transmission in my personal M1. They do have A10 equipped M1's available at the Ford Performance Racing School. But in my case choosing the 2 day class session, they only get the M6 equipped M1's out of the coral since the GT's you drive on the second day are all manual transmission. Learned a lot about heel to toe shifting and took a little practice to get my clutch proficiency back. But after 2 days of schooling and all that race track shifting, my knees were on fire. Just some FYI for those considering the 2 day session.
Your issue with your knees is the exact reason why I requested an A10 Mach 1 for the Track Attack and did not go for a 2 day session. Manual transmissions are so much fun, but when they also cause so much pain, mainly due to poor choices when much younger and invicible, manuals are not a realistic choice.

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK
I'll be driving from Florida. Hopefully the weather cooperates as forecast shows it will rain Sunday at the track.
Don’t take the weather report to serious, as you being in Florida, it changes quickly. Good luck either way.

Eatonian49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP, Focus SE
I'm signed up for September 1-2! Do they give you the pictures that they take with you on the track or are those personal?
Sponsored