TPMS sensor Fault and Relearn Not working

xl_cheese

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
Maybe someone can help. I put new wheels, tires, and sensors on a month ago. Everything seemed fine and they synced up. A few days ago I got this message on the dash when starting the car. None of the tire pressures were showing up on the dash either.

So I bought the relearn tool. I am trying to do the relearn procedure, but when I get to the step of pressing the button on the tool next to the sensor nothing happens.

Seems odd that all 4 sensors would stop at the exact same time. Seems like something else on the car may be failing?

1o3q4o.jpg
Sponsored

Jstang23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Eruption Green
Maybe someone can help. I put new wheels, tires, and sensors on a month ago. Everything seemed fine and they synced up. A few days ago I got this message on the dash when starting the car. None of the tire pressures were showing up on the dash either.

So I bought the relearn tool. I am trying to do the relearn procedure, but when I get to the step of pressing the button on the tool next to the sensor nothing happens.

Seems odd that all 4 sensors would stop at the exact same time. Seems like something else on the car may be failing?

1o3q4o.jpg
I just had this issue when I swapped wheels onto my new GT. One of your sensors is bad... I know its hard to believe that one went bad just like that but ti happens all the time. The rest of the sensors will not sync properly without all 4 functioning. You need to take it to the dealer so they can figure out which sensor is bad and can replace it. Should work just fine after that!

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Out of curiosity, are the new sensors OME or aftermarket?

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Ford Performance Blue
Who is the manufacturer for the OEM units?

Sponsored

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
Ive had TPMS sensors die, but one at a time not all at once. Literally one a week every 2 weeks for 2 months. That one does say max speed rating 130 mph.. Wonder if they could have somehow failed if you went far over that. Ive hit 194 with mine and they were fine though.

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
OP
OP
xl_cheese

xl_cheese

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
There ya' go.

What was wrong with the original ones?
What is wrong with these? They show to be compatible? The old sensors were on the old wheels/tires. It was easier and cheaper to just buy new ones instead of removing them from the older tires.

These sensors seemed to work for a month before having the fault.

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
What is wrong with these? They show to be compatible? The old sensors were on the old wheels/tires. It was easier and cheaper to just buy new ones instead of removing them from the older tires.

These sensors seemed to work for a month before having the fault.
They're cheap Chinese shit?

You should understand this, as they've already failed. Buy OEM. Always buy OEM.

Hoose71

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
84, 13, 13, 21, 22 Mustangs, 72 Nova Rally
Yep, aftermarket sensors are garbage. First set I replaced one went bad after a couple of weeks. The second set I've had two fail within the first week and a third after 6 months. It's the ones American Muscle uses with their wheels. Avoid at all costs, they are garbage.

https://www.americanmuscle.com/tpms-sensor-2010.html

Sponsored

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Yep, aftermarket sensors are garbage. First set I replaced one went bad after a couple of weeks. The second set I've had two fail within the first week and a third after 6 months. It's the ones American Muscle uses with their wheels. Avoid at all costs, they are garbage.

https://www.americanmuscle.com/tpms-sensor-2010.html
And the real issue isn't the cheaper cost of the sensors. It's the time and cost of getting them replaced.

Again.

And again.

And again.

And again.

OP
OP
xl_cheese

xl_cheese

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
And the real issue isn't the cheaper cost of the sensors. It's the time and cost of getting them replaced.

Again.

And again.

And again.

And again.
Lesson learned. I'll just go get them all replaced with ford ones.

Thanks guys.

lew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lew
Vehicle(s)
19 GT, 23 STX 4wd. TT, 19 BMW X4 M40i, 15 800r
Yea, I learned that lesson the hard way. Put after market cheapo TPMS into new tires and wheels. They all went bad. First the front two. The car was under warrenty and dealer did not recognized the non oem's so there was NC. A few months later (warrenty expired) and right after a run up to the speed limiter the back two failed. Ford dealer charged 160 apiece for the rear TPM's. 390$ total bill.
I think I paid something like 39$ for all four of the cheapo's.
Sponsored