Sponsored

Tired of hearing about the Voodoo sound

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
You always looking to trigger folks with your comments
I am simply helping people scrutinize and challenge their strongly held positions or beliefs. As iron sharpens iron wits... I'm acting in a public service capacity. You're welcome!
Sponsored

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
Most (most, not all) 6 cylinders sound like shit, if weā€™re being honest. Not sure whoā€™s going to torches more now, Mike or me šŸ¤£ :bandit:
hahah true that! especially them VQ ricers + BMW marble sounding 6 cylinder.

Although the V6 Ford GT sounds nice seems like based on the videos.

OP
OP
Mikepol2

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
hahah true that! especially them VQ ricers.

Although the V6 Ford GT sounds nice seems like based on the videos.
Iā€™ve heard it in person, it does sound glorious. Porsches sound pretty good and some of the Bimmers sound pretty decent too. But yeah, the VQ bois are the absolute worst!

Sig556

White18
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Premium / Iconic Silver 10 Speed Auto
If you don't think sounds good... you are dead inside... go buy a Tesla : P

I love the sound of the Coyote though too. It's why I specifically wanted one in my truck... and with the Roush exhaust it sounds similar to my old 19 PP1 car...

So i get to hear both...

Sounds a lot like my car when I go to get groceries for the week.

Sponsored

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
Iā€™ve heard it in person, it does sound glorious. Porsches sound pretty good and some of the Bimmers sound pretty decent too. But yeah, the VQ bois are the absolute worst!
VQ bois :giggle:

daSNAK3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Vehicle Showcase

Towerism

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 Premium 6M
I know I'm in the minority but can't be the only one...

I am SOOOOOO sick of hearing people's zombie-like worshipping of the "sound of the Voodoo". Every single thread that talks about any possible competitor to the GT350 inevitably has mentions about "yeah but that sound" blah blah blah.

To me it sounds harsh, tinny and unsophisticated. IMO a Z06 is how a FPC is SUPPOSED to sound.

I MUCH prefer the sound of a good Coyote exhaust. And I've got plenty of seat time in GT350's.

And another thing: the brainwashed followers of 8250 rpm. People lose their minds because the GT350 has a redline that is 750 rpm higher than a GT. You don't hear any GT owners crowing about how their car has a 1000 rpm higher redline than a Camaro SS.

I mean, what am I missing? It's like a couple people happen to like the almost ricer-high pitch of the Voodoo and everyone else fell in line. And I'm not a hater - the decision to get my Mach 1 over a GT350 was agonizing, I love the GT350's and think they are great cars. I just don't get the obsession with the sound.

OK I feel great now after wanting to post something like this for a long time. Fire away, Voodoo owners! But again remember I love your cars.
Most people, whether they realize it or not,
just tend to like what they think other people that they identify with also like.

itā€™s kind of a feed back loop. One person says the sound is intoxicating and then someone else sees that and is like ā€œyeah itā€™s the best thing everā€. I too should spread this joy around about the voodoo sound. After a certain point it looks like everyone who drives a gt350 raves about the sound. Even though they are all just regurgitating things they heard or read somewhere else.

Then you have people who identify with gt350 drivers and who want to be able to own one and rave about the sound too. It becomes almost like a cult. Except itā€™s not really a cult. People just want to identify with a group of people. Monkey see monkey do.

Sponsored

TrueBlue22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.3L High Performance Package Fastback
I donā€™t have real skin in the game here. Gen 1 5.0 in the garage and 2.3L HPP as my DDā€¦. but I did get to spend two quality days with this beautiful 2017 GT350 back in early Fall of 2016 (side note: Lightning Blue with white racing stripes gets me in all the right places). The sound was utterly intoxicating and I didnā€™t want to ever stop driving it. I refused to take the exhaust out of Track mode because it sounded like the Earth being ripped in half. My wife was pissed, my neighbors hated me, my kids loved it.
IMG_4936.jpeg

First Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Mach1
Whenever I hear or read the words ā€œthat voodoo soundā€, I hear it always sounding like Homer Simpson when heā€™s dreaming of doughnuts. Like a drooling homage because that's how all the online reviewers say it. Well deserved no doubt but after a while, it becomes an overused cliche. To that effect, I can identify with mike.

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)

luca1290

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luca
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Mercedes A250 4Matic (W177)
I wonder what mufflers are on it? I'd like my Coyote to sound that deep.
Mufflers and injection mapping, it burbles a little when shifting and looks more likely to rev than a Coyote, still being a cross plane.

Sound and exterior looks are what makes a Quattroporte, the interior and the electronics are utter rubbish. I could buy a 2018 low mileage as low as 35k... they depreciates like hell.

luca1290

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luca
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Mercedes A250 4Matic (W177)
The short-shifting auto ruins it.

That said it's doesn't have the obnoxious wail/shriek of the common Ferrari which is nice.
That's because the version in the Ferrari is a flat plane, whereas the one in the Maserati is a cross plane....

WAIT!
It's like the GT350, that's why it sounds obnoxious :cwl: .

Ok, now I'm dead. It was a pleasure to meet you folks.
Sponsored