Mikepol2

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
I'll tell you what I tell my kids. They did a poll of the whole world, and you were the only one not liking it.
šŸ˜‚ that actually did make me LOL!
Sponsored

tobaccokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Sound, like visual aesthetics, is in the "eye of the beholder". Strict analysis basically will not give one an answer as the the "best", as people's perceptions can range from very short range duration to a much more ingrained long range result. Comparisons among various cars is tricky as a cars sound stems from both its engine and its exhaust system.

It may be that the best analogy to the opinion originally posed may be that of Ferrari. With all the Ferrari pluses, and there are a good number, their sound is what many car and non-car people highlight. In that light the GT350 is generally viewed by many as a pretty good subset to a Ferrari, certainly highlighted by its high cost to benefit (sound) in comparison.

Cars that I have present an interesting comparison; a 2019 GT350, a 1968 Corvette L88 (12.5 compression) IMSA/Trans AM race car, a 1967 Corvette 435 hp side-pipe, a 1965 GT350, and a Corvette C7 Z06. My best sounding car for me is the race car, with completely open, large, racing side pipes, and althoughnot steetable, sounds glorious. All of them sound great even with their wide differences. Obviously my preference is the louder the better, with tone coming in secondary.

Same problem when discussing music or art preferences. Each to their own. That's reality.

Magnetic Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Unpopular opinion: it doesn't sound much different than a Coyote w an Xpipe and aftermarket mufflers
It's funny you say that. I have a coworker that drives a GTR and he's told me several times my car sounds like a GT350. lol. I don't necessarily agree but I take it as a compliment!

Egparson202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350, 2018 Audi TTRS
I know I'm in the minority but can't be the only one...

I am SOOOOOO sick of hearing people's zombie-like worshipping of the "sound of the Voodoo". Every single thread that talks about any possible competitor to the GT350 inevitably has mentions about "yeah but that sound" blah blah blah.

To me it sounds harsh, tinny and unsophisticated. IMO a Z06 is how a FPC is SUPPOSED to sound.

I MUCH prefer the sound of a good Coyote exhaust. And I've got plenty of seat time in GT350's.

And another thing: the brainwashed followers of 8250 rpm. People lose their minds because the GT350 has a redline that is 750 rpm higher than a GT. You don't hear any GT owners crowing about how their car has a 1000 rpm higher redline than a Camaro SS.

I mean, what am I missing? It's like a couple people happen to like the almost ricer-high pitch of the Voodoo and everyone else fell in line. And I'm not a hater - the decision to get my Mach 1 over a GT350 was agonizing, I love the GT350's and think they are great cars. I just don't get the obsession with the sound.

OK I feel great now after wanting to post something like this for a long time. Fire away, Voodoo owners! But again remember I love your cars.

You are a horrible person. Let that sink in.

Not really. We all have different tastes. I think all the V8 Mustangs sound great, and the Voodoo sounds even better than the others. If thatā€™s not your take, OK. Just know youā€™re in the tiniest minority. :)

Sponsored

Linkster1666

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Link
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Orange Fury PP1 A10 401A 3:55
Vehicle Showcase
Oh Jeez!!
Stop liking.jpg

qwiknotch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damon
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 Mustang GT, 1990 Mustang LX
Vehicle Showcase
Imo, a solid roller, high compression pushrod engine in a fox body with tailpipes sounds way better than any coyote.

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
Itā€™s obviously totally subjective and as such one can only state their observations and preferences, proving nothing.

I like the 350 sound just fine but have become accustomed to the sound of the Coyote running in track mode and I love it. It does seem a bit deeper than the 350 sound but thatā€™s just my own subjective take. Iā€™m sure if I had a 350 Iā€™d love it too.

Iā€˜m surprised no Coyote guy has yet cracked wise about the ā€œsounds of silenceā€œ emanating from a broken Voodoo engine.
Iā€˜m replying to my own post because I just realized something. Yeah, I do like ā€˜em both but any preference I might have for a loud Coyote at full song is probably down to the sounds of my youth. The darn track mode Coyote sounds so much like a ā€˜66 GTO or maybe a big block Corvette through a set of Cherry Bombs or Smittyā€™s that Iā€™m instantly zapped back to the old days faster than if I had stepped into Mr. Peabodyā€™s Time Machine. Yeah, look it upā€¦

Just wait guys, if youā€™re lucky youā€™ll get old and nostalgic one day too.

Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
If I had a GT350 Iā€™m absolutely 100% sure Iā€™d love it to bits. Iā€™d be a little nervous about the internals, but still would have no regrets and an extended warranty.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Imo, a solid roller, high compression pushrod engine in a fox body with tailpipes sounds way better than any coyote.
Well I was going to say that the sound of my 66' Fairlane GTA 390 FE with headers and Thrush mufflers sounded pretty decent.

qwiknotch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damon
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 Mustang GT, 1990 Mustang LX
Vehicle Showcase
Well I was going to say that the sound of my 66' Fairlane GTA 390 FE with headers and Thrush mufflers sounded pretty decent.
FE's have a sound all their own also and it's marvelous.

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP
Lexus LFA is king of exhaust sound, everything else is meh in comparison. Even the GT350

rocsteady

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Growing up, I was a Camaro fan (until the 1993 version) but was always jealous of the sound from the Mustang 5.0 exhaust. Driving on the Staten Island expressway years ago, a Mustang went by that sounded different enough that I followed it for about 20 minutes to see what it was. That was the start of the GT350 obsession. Truth be told, I love the exhaust from the late model V8 Mustangs across the board, but my favorite has to be the GT350's, especially with long tube headers and an H pipe. At lower rpms, it's familiar V8 but when it's in the upper rev ranges, it's just fantastic. Like this orange one at the end of the line

Side note, if I hit the lottery I'd love to put the ZO6's 5.5 liter in the GT350 just to do it
Sponsored

Last edited: